I am not sure what took me so long to use the Hello Ladybug stamp set, but fortunately even though it is in the January-June Mini catalog which retires June 30th, this stamp set carried over into the new 2022-2023 Annual Catalog! It’s such a fun set and even more fun when you use it on a Fun Fold Card!
This is a Dutch Fold Card, but the measurements have been extended so that when you open it up, it will stand up for easy display!
I got this idea (and measurements) from a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator in England, although the papers and stamps are totally different. You can find her here at JanBCards. If you’ve seen a Dutch Fold Card before, the front flap does not extend this far down to rest on the two open doors at the bottom. You can check out this single Dutch Door card I did a few years ago here: What’s Cookin’? – Dutch Door Fun Fold and a Double Dutch Door card I did here: Fun Fold – Double Dutch is not just for Jump Ropes
As you can see there are a variety of ways to make a Dutch Door card. This one has an extra piece on the front that is just a bit longer (and skinnier) so that the edges of the front flap can rest on the “doors” on the bottom. And when you open the card all the way, it looks like this:
For this card I used the Perfectly Pencilled Designer Series Paper. This paper is a combination of flowers and leaves and coordinating patterns on the back that include stripes, dots, crosshatch, small flowers, leaves and a geometric design. The flowers and leaves made this paper a good fit for my Ladybug who in real life you might find in your garden nestled among (you got it) the flowers and leaves.
The Stamp Set I used is called Hello Ladybug and has a coordinating Ladybug Builder Punch. This set can be purchased as a bundle at a 10% discount through June 30th using the product number #157699. Although this stamp set and punch are in the new 2022-2023 Annual Catalog, it does not appear as a bundled set, so after June 30th, you would need to purchase the stamp set and punch separately.
If you would like to make this card, these are the supplies (and measurements!) you need:
- Hello Ladybug Bundle (Hello Ladybug Stamp Set & Ladybug Builder Punch)
- Rectangle Stitched Dies
- Basic Black Cardstock
- Cut 4 3/16” x 10; Score on the LONG side at 5 ⅞”
- Cut 8 ½” x 2”: Score on the LONG side at 2 ⅛” then rotate 180 and score at 2 ⅛ at other end
- Real Red Cardstock
- Cut 4” x 4”
- Cut 3 ⅞” x 5 ¾”
- Die Cut with 3rd largest Rectangle stitched Die (or cut 3” x 4 ⅜”)
- Cut four pieces 2” x 1 ⅞”
- Pretty Pencilled Designer Series Paper
- Pattern #1 (Flowers -front) – Cut 3 ⅞” x 3 ⅞”
- Pattern #2 (leaves -inside) – Cut 3 ¾” x 5 ⅝”
- Pattern #3 (white dots) – Cut four pieces 1 ⅞” x 1 ¾”
- Basic White Cardstock
- Die cut two pieces with 4th largest Rectangle Stitched Die (or cut 2 ⅝” x 4”)
- Scraps for one leaf (2 ½” x 2 ½”), two ladybugs (body & wings)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red, Parakeet Party
- Black Gingham Ribbon
- Matte Black Dots
- Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, Glue dots
Did you notice that I used two sentiments on the front? I combined the “hello” and “my friend” stamps by first stamping the “my friend” and then stamping the “hello” just above it. As these stamps are photopolymer stamps, you can see through them making the placement easy. And you could easily stamp them in two different colors too! My bit of advice is to stamp your sentiments in the lower right hand corner first before adding the leaf and ladybugs as it will help with placement.
Need a little help making this card? Check out the video tutorial below.
Having trouble with the video? You can also click here and visit my Youtube channel to check out the video: Hello Ladybug Dutch Fold Card
JUNE 2022 PAPER PUMPKIN – PICK OF THE CROP
Nothing is better than a trip to the local Farmer’s Market to get fresh produce….except maybe when you can get a fresh new Paper Pumpkin Kit filled with fresh ideas, designs, cards and crafts delivered right to your mailbox!
The June Pick of the Crop Paper Pumpkin kits includes:
- All the supplies you need (cardbases, die cuts, etc) to create nine cards, 3 each of 3 designs, with coordinating envelopes.
- A Calypso Coral Stampin’ Spot
- A cute market-themed stamp set with sentiments that say “Love you a whole bunch”, You’re the pick of the crop”, You’re the sweetest” and more!
- Paper pieces and embellishments that you can mix & match, plus specialty vellum pieces to add a fresh touch to your cards
- A Mini Shopping Bag (5-3/8″ x 6″) which can hold several cards for gift giving! And you can stamp on it too! (Additional bags will be available to purchase separately on June 13th.)
- Coordinating colors: Blackberry Bliss, Cajun Craze, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Night of Navy, Soft Succulent
The deadline to order the June Paper Pumpkin Kit is June 10th! You can order your Paper Pumpkin Kit HERE.
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Do you like this card and need supplies? The link below contains all the supplies for this card so you can shop for what you need. Simply click this link below:
You will be directed to a shopping list where you choose the products you’d like to purchase. Both options of purchasing the bundle or seperately purchaing the stamp set and/or punch are listed. Once you have chosen what you would like to order, just click on the “Add to Cart” button! You will also have the opportunity to purchase additional products from your wish list too! And please add my HOST CODE S3FRQEKQ when prompted. If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
I appreciate your shopping with me! If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! The gift for May is a package of the new 2022-2024 In Color Matte Dots! (Please note: Substitutions may be made if item is not available)
If you need help placing an order, please contact me! Please see the Contact Me! tab at the top of this blog post.
These are the products used for today’s project. If you need more specific information about the products, you can check them out by clicking on the product image below. And don’t forget to use the MAY HOST CODE: S3FRQEKQ when prompted during check-out.