Last week on my Facebook Live video I shared a Fun Fold Card. I’m not sure what the name of the Fun Fold is, but I do know that it was easy to do! I hope you agree! This is the card when it is folded closed…..
And this is the card when it’s opened up!
I used one of the new sets of Designer Series Papers that in the new 2022-2023 Annual Catalog called Butterfly Kisses. I choose two coordinating patterns from this set of papers – a nice bold diagonal stripe and a pretty butterfly pattern. For the butterfly on the front of the card, I simply “fussy cut” one of the butterflies directly from the paper! You can see that circled below.
Sometimes just buying the papers before you invest in purchasing the coordinating stamp set, you can determine how much you like it! Especially if you make a few cards with the paper and then start wissing that you had the stamp set and matching dies so that you could stamp your own or die cut your own patterns for the wings.
I did a little internet research….let’s just say I googled it. And this might be a W-V Fold. I think you can see the reason why it it called that by looking at this overhead picture, The base of the card is folded like the letter “W” and the inside piece is folded like the letter “V”. Makes sense to me!
If you would like to create this card yourself, these are the supplies you will need:
- Butterfly Kisses Designer Series Paper
- Pattern #1 – (diagonal stripe) – Cut 3 ¾” x 5 ¼”, plus Cut 2 ⅞” x 2 ⅞”
- Pattern #2 – Cut three pieces 1 ½” x 5 ¼”
- Fussy Cut large butterfly from DSP
- Party Puffins Stamp Set (Sentiment)
- Starry Sky Cardstock
- Cut 5 ½” x 11” – Score on the LONG side at 4”, 5 ¾”, 7 ½” and 9 ¼”
- Cut 3” x 6” – Score on the LONG side at 3”
- Basic White Cardstock
- Cut 2 pieces 2 ⅞” x 2 ⅞”
- Alternate – Cut 3 pieces 2 ⅞” x 2 ⅞” and eliminate the 2 ⅞” x 2 ⅞” DSP piece. For this option, you will need to stamp on the two of these pieces
- Optional – Cut 3 ¾” x 5 ¼” (for back of card from more writing space)
- Ink: Starry Sky
- 2022-2024 In-Color Matte Decorative Dots
- Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid Glue or Stampin’ Seal, Dimensionals
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, Simply Scored (optional)
If you would like help making this card, please check out the video below.
If you have problems accessing the video in this post, please head over to my YouTube Channel where you can view it here: Butterfly Kisses WV Fun Fold
JUNE 2022 PAPER PUMPKIN – PICK OF THE CROP
Nothing is better than a trip to the local Farmer’s Market to get fresh produce….except maybe when you can get a fresh new Paper Pumpkin Kit filled with fresh ideas, designs, cards and crafts delivered right to your mailbox!
The June Pick of the Crop Paper Pumpkin kits includes:
- All the supplies you need (cardbases, die cuts, etc) to create nine cards, 3 each of 3 designs, with coordinating envelopes.
- A Calypso Coral Stampin’ Spot
- A cute market-themed stamp set with sentiments that say “Love you a whole bunch”, You’re the pick of the crop”, You’re the sweetest” and more!
- Paper pieces and embellishments that you can mix & match, plus specialty vellum pieces to add a fresh touch to your cards
- A Mini Shopping Bag (5-3/8″ x 6″) which can hold several cards for gift giving! And you can stamp on it too! (Additional bags will be available to purchase separately on June 13th.)
- Coordinating colors: Blackberry Bliss, Cajun Craze, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Night of Navy, Soft Succulent
The deadline to order the June Paper Pumpkin Kit is June 10th! You can subscribe to Paper Pumpkin HERE.
IN COLOR STARTER KIT PROMOTION
Is your wish list for the new catalog (and new IN-COLORS) bigger than your wallet will allow? Now is the perfect time to think about purchasing the Stampin’ Up Starter kit! If you purchase your kit May 3-May 31, Stampin’ Up is giving away 4 amazing In Color products (worth $66.50!) in addition to the regular starter kit offering. If your wish list is more than $99, then I highly encourage you to get the starter kit instead of placing a regular order. This is what you will receive:
- $125 of Stampin’ Up products of your choice – can be from the new 2022-2023 Annual Catalog, the January-June 2022 Mini Catalog or the Clearance Rack!
- $66.50 worth of 2022-2024 I”n Color products:
- In Color Grid Paper
- 5 In Color Ink Pads – one of each of the new colors
- Package of In Color Cardstock Assortment
- Package of In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper
- DISCOUNT! 20% off your Stampin’ Up product purchases1
- FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit
- FREE Shipping
Plus you get to be a part of an amazing community of crafters, (including my Card Corner Crew team) who enjoy sharing what they love, plus you get early access to new products and exclusive access to training events with no selling or doing classes required!
Here are a few things to think about:
- There is no obligation to sell products, have home parties, or hold classes. Hobby demonstrators are welcome. Purchase for yourself! (Or buy some kits for friends, they make great gifts!)
- Joining Stampin’ Up is like joining a club full of crafters…thousands of crafters, all over the world! It’s a great way to make new friends and get new crafting ideas.
- Yes, there is a $300 quarterly purchase minimum. But don’t stress over meeting that. If you don’t, you can drop and then sign back up whenever you want, or wait until the next sign-up offer comes along. In the meantime enjoy the 20% discount on all your purchases! Your quarter starts with the first full quarter, so if you sign up in May, you have until September to meet the $300 minimum.
Questions? Please ask! I’d love to answer any questions and/or have you join my team!
This promotion ends May 31st! Don’t miss out! Join today!
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Do you like this card and need supplies? The link below contains all the supplies for this card so you can shop for what you need. Simply click here:
Butterfly Wishes Fun Fold Supplies
You will be directed to a shopping list where you choose the products you’d like to purchase. Once you have chosen what you would like to order, just click on the “Add to Cart” button! You will also have the opportunity to purchase additional products from your wish list too! And please add my HOST CODE when prompted!
If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my MAY HOST CODE: S3FRQEKQ when prompted at checkout. If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
I appreciate your shopping with me! If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! The gift for May is a package of the new 2022-2024 In Color Matte Dots! (Please note: Substitutions may be made if item is not available)
If you need help placing an order, please contact me! Please see the Contact Me! tab at the top of this blog post.
These are the products used for today’s project. If you need more specific information about the products, you can check them out by clicking on the product image below. And don’t forget to use the MAY HOST CODE: S3FRQEKQ when prompted during check-out.