Do you have too much Designer Series Paper that is piled up and you haven’t used? All right, I am not sure that you can ever have too much, but I do need to make room for new Designer Series Papers that will be coming out in the new 2021-2022 Annual Catalog. So, I have two fun Pocket Cards to share with you today that will help you use that up….and make some fun cards (and gifts)! The first one is just what I call a Basic Pocket card.
There is a piece tucked inside the pocket that pulls out where you can write your message.
I used two of the stamp sets are a part of the Ornate Garden Suite….Ornate Style (which is retiring on May 3rd) and Ornate Thanks (which is NOT retiring and will be in the new Annual Catalog)
You can make two of these cards from one sheet of 12” x 12” Designer Series Paper. The paper I used for these cards is called Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper. This set of papers is retiring as of May 3rd and is ON SALE in the Last Chance Products for only $6.00 and is only available while supplies last. You get 12 pieces of 12” x12” double sided papers (2 each of 6 designs).
Or you can make one Basic Card and one card that I call a “stepped up” version of this same card. But instead of using the flowered side of the paper, I used the design on the flip side to make this card.
I added a smaller flip card onto the front using a piece of 9 1/2” x 3 1/2” piece of Mossy Meadow Cardstock that is scored at 4 3/4”. I added a small piece of the back side of the paper that is used for the pocket (and the side of the paper that was used for the first card.) And stamped a small flower on the inside.
Then added a special surprise to the pocket piece. It’s been getting warmer outside and people are busy getting their flower gardens ready for spring….so what’s a more perfect way than to send this card to friends and family with a small gift inside that is also flat enough for mailing? A small packet of flower seeds! The packet is easily attached to the card in the pocket by adding a few glue dots to the back of the package.
If you would like to make these Pocket Cards, these are the supplies you will need: I separated the supplies for each card as you can choose to make two Simple Pocket Cards or make two Stepped Up Pocket Cards.
- Ornate Thanks Stamp Set and Ornate Style Stamp Set
- Layering CIrcles Dies
- 1” Circle Punch
- CARD #1 – SIMPLE POCKET CARD
- Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper
- Cut pieces 9 ¼” x 6”, Score on the LONG side at 2 ¾” and 7”, then turn clockwise 90 degrees and score on the SHORT side at ⅝”. Follow cutting directions below
- Old Olive Cardstock – Cut 4” x 5 ¼”, plus scrap for Scalloped Circle
- ‘Basic White Cardstock – Cut 3 ¾” x 5”, plus scrap for Circle (2 ¼”)
- CARD #2 – STEPPED UP POCKET CARD
- Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper
- Cut pieces 9 ¼” x 6”, Score on the LONG side at 2 ¾” and 7”, then turn clockwise 90 degrees and score on the SHORT side at ⅝”, plus a piece cut 3 ¼” x 2 ½”
- Mossy Meadow Cardstock – Cut 9 ½” x 3 ½”; Score and fold at 4 ¾” And cut 4” x 5 ¼”
- Basic White Cardstock – Cut 3 ¾” x 5” and Cut two pieces 3 ¼” x 4 ½”
- Ink: Mossy Meadow (or Old Olive), Terracotta Tile
- Stampin’ Blends (Optional) – Old Olive or Mossy Meadow, Daffodil Delight, Rococo Rose
- Ribbon: Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack (Old Olive & TerraCotta Tile)
- Basic Rhinestones
- Adhesive: Stampin’ Seal or Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Tear & Tape
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- Cutting diagram:
And here is a little fun math for you…..The Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper is currently part of the Last Chance Products sale and on sale for only $6.00! You can make 24 Pocket Cards with that set of papers…two from each of the 12 sheets. The Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack is also on sale for $2.80….that’s 10 yards of ribbon!. So by spending $8.80, the cost per card is just 36 cents! Even with adding the cost of the cardstock, your cost is still well below $1.00 per card! Oh happy day! Think how many people you can bless with a card! Click on the items below to purchase.
You can check out this video to see how easy it is to make these cards, you can find it on Youtube here: Pocket Cards with Ornate Gardens
You can also check out these other posts using the stamp sets and papers from the Ornate Gardens Suite here: Ornate Style Summer Flowers and here: Ornate Garden of Daisies
NEW ANNUAL CATALOGS ARE COMING!
I got HAPPY MAIL this week! Introducing the new 2021-2022 Annual Catalog! I can’t show you what is inside on the pages, but I’d be glad to send you a catalog in the mail if you are not currently receiving one! Go to the catalog tab above and fill out the form! (US Customers Only)
LAST CHANCE PRODUCTS!
The list of products that will be RETIRING from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog is now available! Retiring Items go FAST! Many items are already sold out and discontinued So don’t delay in placing an order HERE and use my HOST CODE: JMGRPBDR! Many items are on sale including items that I used for today cards! Some items that are bundles (stamp sets and punches or stamp sets & dies) are retiring (as a bundle)…which means that the Bundle PRICING will no longer be available, but the products will be available in the new catalog, but as separate items
You can see the list with all the retiring items here: Last Chance List – 2020-2021 Annual Catalog
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- May 3 – This is the last day to order from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog! And your last chance to purchase items on the RETIRING LIST before they are gone for good!
- May 4 – the new 2021-2022 Annual Catalog will launch! Get ready to check out all the new goodies and start a new Wish List for the coming year! (As a reminder….if you have ordered from me this past year, I will mail you a catalog. If you are not a current customer and would like to receive a catalog (US customers only), you can request one HERE
READY TO PURCHASE SUPPLIES?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my APRIL HOST CODE: JMGRPBDR and choose me (Patricia Dominicci) as your Demonstrator when prompted. If you need help placing an order, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to assist you!
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
These are the products I used for today’s card. Click on any product and it will take you to my online Stampin’ Up Store.