I have finally had a chance to play around with some of my new stamps and dies. Although the Ornate Garden Suite has been out since May as part of a special early release from the new 2020-2022 Annual catalog, I was too busy having fun with some of the stamp sets that were retiring. So I am a little behind everyone else in oohing and aahhing over the beautiful papers like this one.
If you are a daisy (and flower) lover, then you will be head over heels for the Ornate Garden Designer Series Paper. The reverse side of several of the sheets are embossed with gold, giving the paper a very elegant look.
With daisies on the Designer Series Paper, it was almost a no brainer to add a few daisies punched with the Medium Daisy Punch. I wanted to give them a little texture too…so I embossed a piece of Whisper White Cardstock with the Hammered Metal Embossing Folder.
And you might have noticed that the leaves behind the daisy are also embossed. I used the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder. It’s a subtle texture, but I think it helps keep the leaves from looking “flat”.
I am also loving the Ornate Frame Dies. They take some patience to die cut as there is a lot of delicate scrollwork so lots of little holes! I’ve found that if I run the dies though my die cutting machine, two or three times, then it cuts better and when I lift off the die, all the little “hole” pieces easily come out.
I discovered that the smallest of the Rectangle Stitched Dies fits perfectly in the center of the 2nd smallest Ornate Frames Dies! How great is that!?
If you would like to make this card, you will need theses supplies:
- Ornate Thanks Stamp Set
- Hammered Metal Embossing Folder
- Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder
- Medium Daisy Punch
- Leaf Punch (retired)
- 1/2” Circle Punch (retired) – (flower center)
- Rectangle Stitched Dies (optional)
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2 “ x 8 1/2”; Score and fold at 4 1/4”
- Old Olive Cardstock – Cut 5 1/8” x 3 7/8”. Cut the ornate frame die piece from the center of this piece to save paper.
- Ornate Gardens Designer Series Paper – Cut 5” x 3 3/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – scrap for sentiment tag (Cut with Rectangle Stitched Dies) or cut a piece 1” x 2 3/8”
- Scrap of Bumblebee Cardstock or In-Color 2020-22 Designer Series Paper for flower center
- Old Olive Ink
- Old Olive Shimmer Ribbon from Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack
- Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid Glue and Dimensionals
IF YOU NEED SUPPLIES SO YOU CAN MAKE TODAY’S PROJECT or any other crafting project, please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need.
If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my June Host Code: EJB66XVC and choose me as your Demonstrator when prompted.
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code during the month of June, I will send you a package of Stampin’ Dimensionals as a thank you from me!
If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice. Don’t forget to choose me as your demonstrator during check-out so you can receive your package of Stampin’ Dimensionals from me!
Need Help Placing an Order? please contact me at email@example.com and I will be happy to assist you!
Just want to know what I used today? These are the products I used. Click on any item and it will take you to my Stampin’ Up Online Site where you can purchase these items or get more product information.