When I was getting ready for last Card & Chat class, I decided to break out the butterflies. We did some watercoloring using Aqua Painters and ink pads to make this butterfly card that I blogged about last week. But then I decided to show how to use the Aqua Painters in a different way.
Normally when you use an Aqua Painter, you dip the brush part into the ink and then paint in the color on your image that is already stamped…..usually in Black Stazon ink because when that ink won’t smear when you are using water…like this:
BUT….if you do it fast enough….like immediately paint using a light touch with just water (no ink!) onto an image that you’ve stamped with one of the other 50 colors of Stampin’ Up ink…..that ink WILL smear and you can add a light color to what you stamped.
Here’s a little closer look. In this case I stamped three different colors of butterflies to match my Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper. It’s just enough to give the butterflies a little color, but still see the stamped design on the wings. And don’t forget to color the little butterflies too!
And remember that the butterfly needs a body too! And antennae! Yes, there are tiny little stamps for those body parts. You need to do those AFTER you’ve stamped and watercolored the body because you don’t want the body to smear or it will looked like a squished butterfly.
If you’d like to make this card, this wil what you will need
- Butterfly Gala Stamp Set
- Butterfly Duet Punch
- Grapefruit Grove Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”; Scored at 4 1/4”, plus a square 1 3/4” x 1 3/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut two pieces 5 1/4” x 4”, plus a square 1
- Shimmer White Cardstock – Cut 2” x 6” (big enough to stamp and punch 3 butterflies)
- Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper – Cut three pieces 1 1/2” x 3 3/4”
- Ink: Highland Heather, Grapefruit Grove and Balmy Blue
- Ribbon – Grapefruit Grove Organza (SAB item): two pieces 4 3/4”, plus a piece for a bow.
- Aqua Painter
- Snail Adhesive and mini stampin’ dimensionals and mini glue dots
- Bone Folder to curl up the butterfly wings
Hope you’ll give this a try…..it’s great for when you just want a fast and easy little bit of color.
NEED SUPPLIES? If you need supplies – paper, inks, ribbons, stamp sets and more….. then please click below and it will take you directly to my Stampin’ Up online store. I would love to be your Demonstrator and help you to create! Just choose me as your demonstrator when prompted. Not sure how to start? Contact me and I’ll help you choose the right products for the cards or projects you’d like to make and even place your order for you! And don’t forget to use the HOST CODE: WM9D7EFU when checking out if your order is less than $150 and I will send you a small thank-you gift! If your order is over $150, do NOT use the host code as you will get your own stampin’ rewards (minimum of $15).
Want FREE Stampin’ Up! Products? During Sale-A-Bration which runs through March 31st, for every $50 you spend on Stampin’ Up Products, you can choose from a variety of stamp sets, embellishments, paper and even a set of Framelits and a card kit! All these can be found in the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Catalog. Go shopping and then choose your favorite FREE item!
Want MORE FREE Stampin’ Up! Products? If you join during Sale-A-Bration (January 3-March 31, 2019) you can get even MORE products for FREE! There are two Starter Kits being offered during this time:
- OPTION #1 – Pay $99.00 and receive your choice of $175.00 of products (that’s is $76 dollars worth of FREE products. Plus it will ship for FREE….saving you another 10%!
- OPTION B – Pay $129 and receive your choice of $175.00 of products and free shipping, PLUS you’ll receive a beautiful Craft and Carry Tote (valued at $50.00). You save $20 on the cost of the tote….plus get $76 worth of free products!
Plus there are lots of their perks and benefits of joining. You can read all about it HERE.