Just a little play on words in my title. One of the new stamp sets and bundles in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Occasions Catalog is this fun set of stamps which is called Butterfly Gala.
So of course the butterflies just flew off the stamps and onto my card:
If you noticed, there are 4 sets of butterflies….all with different markings. You can’t tell from the picture, but the big butterfly and the smaller matching one are on the same stamp….so stamp once and you get two butterflies! Here is one of the stamps close up so you can see what I mean.
And you don’t have to fussy cut them out….just use this new butterfly punch….you can punch out both butterflies at the same time, making it super easy to make beautiful cards!
Because I’ve been watercoloring lately, that’s how I gave the butterflies on my card their pretty colors. But there are also several stamps in the set that are part of the “two-step” stamping….Those are the “Solid looking” stamps that are actually meant to stamp color onto the wings. first you stamp the background/outline and then you stamp the wings in your choice of colors. And even though I didn’t use them on this card…there are even antennae stamps, plus stamps for the “body” of the butterfly.
And remember when I said that the butterflies flew onto the card….well…there is still one little butterfly looking for a place to land….the other two made it onto the inside of my card:
Hope you’ve enjoyed this card. If you’d like to make your own card, these are the supplies you’ll need:
- Butterfly Gala Stamp Bundle (Stamp set and Butterfly Duet Punch)
- Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” ; Score at 4 1/4”, plus a scrap for scalloped oval
- Black Cardstock – Cut 3” x 5 1/2”
- Petal Passion Designer Series Paper – Cut 2 3/4” x 5 1/2” (This DSP is retired, but Whisper White will work just as well)
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”, plus a scrap for oval
- Ink: Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather and Grapefruit Grove
- RIbbon: Granny Apple Green 1/2” Textured Weave Ribbon and Black Ribbon with White Stitching (Non SU – Offray)
- Snail Adhesive and Mini Dimensionals
And if you find my missing butterfly….please use it on a card of your own!
ARE YOU READY TO SHOP? If you need supplies – paper, inks, ribbons, stamp sets and more…..or would like to join as a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, then please click below and it will take you directly to my Stampin’ Up online store. I would love to be your Demonstrator and help you to create! Just choose me as your demonstrator when prompted. Not sure how to start? Contact me and I’ll help you choose the right products for the cards or projects you’d like to make and even place your order for you! And don’t forget to use the HOST CODE: WM9D7EFU when checking out if your order is less than $150 and I will send you a small thank-you gift! If your order is over $150, do NOT use the host code as you will get your own stampin’ rewards (minimum of $15).
Do you spend at least $34 a month purchasing Stampin’ Up products? Do you PLAN to spend $34.00 a month for the next three months? If you answered yes…or even maybe….then I have a great deal for you that will save you money….and get you free products!
During Sale-A-Bration (January 3-March 31) if you sign up to join as a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, you can purchase one of two starter bundles:
- Starter Bundle #1 – Pay $99 and get $175 worth of products – that’s $76 worth FREE! Plus FREE SHIPPING! (at least a $10 value), plus you’ll receive a Paper Pumpkin kit ($20 value!)
- Starter Bundle #2 – Pay $129 and get everything in Option #1 ($175 worth of products + FREE shipping and the Paper Pumpkin kit) and get a Craft & Cary Tote ($50 value for only $30!)
There are lots of perks to joining….like a 20% savings on future purchases and more! Check out my JOIN MY TEAM page for more information! Or Click here to JOIN THE FUN! And don’t forget to choose me as your Demonstrator so you’ll be on my team!
The new Occasions Catalog is out….and Sale-A-Bration has begun! Lots of new stamp sets and papers, ribbons….so much goodness packed into this catalog. And Sale-A-Bration means that for every $50 you spend, you can get FREE stuff!! The Sale-A-Bration catalog has stamp sets, ribbons, papers, embellishments, card kits, and even Framelit Dies! If you don’t have a 2019 Occasions catalog or Sale-a-Bration catalog and would like one, just go HERE to my Catalog Page and request one. I’ll mail it right out. Or click the links to see the 2019 Occasions Catalog or the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Catalog
1 thought on “Butterflies Gala – lore!”