So….last week I was prepping for a class I did to make this Winter Sampler.
I was cutting squares and more squares, getting scrap pieces for stamping and then die cutting…and doing lots of counting to make sure I had the correct amount. I decided to be nice and cut the little leafy branch that is in the middle square on the top row. Here’s a close-up of that square:
Because once that leafy branch is cut it, it’s a little delicate….and can be messy if you were attaching it with glue…or a tape runner. I adhered my soft sea foam cardstock to a Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet and then die cut the branches…so they’d be like little stickers and easy to adhere with no mess! And I really don’t like to waste paper, so I squished the branch in on the cardstock trying to get in as many as I could on one piece of cardstock. This is the result.
It seemed such a shame to just throw the sheet I was cutting from away, so it found it’s way onto a piece of cardstock and this card just kind of evolved out of the scraps.
So just because it might look like a scrap….doesn’t mean it’s destined for the trash. It might just be possible to turn it into something beautiful. If you’d like to make this card…well, first you have to start die cutting! But this is what you’ll need:
- Petals & More Framelit Dies
- Layering Ovals Framelit Dies
- Stitched Shapes Framelit Dies
- Soft Sea Foam Cardstock – about 6” x 6”
- Adhesive Sheets (attached this to the Soft Sea Foam cardstock before die cutting!)
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” ; scored at 4 1/4”
- Pink Pirouette Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”, plus scrap for scalloped oval
- Whisper White Cardstock – carefully attached the extra die cut sheet to a piece of Whishper White cardstock. Then cut to 3 3/4” x 5”.
- Pink Gingham Ribbon (not SU)
- Glitter Enamel Dots
- Sentiment of your choice (I’d tell what stamp set I used because I can’t seem to figure out which one it came from!)
It was fun creating something out of almost nothing. Why don’t you try it?
Want FREE Stampin’ Up! Products? During Sale-A-Bration which runs through March 31st, for every $50 you spend on Stampin’ Up Products, you can choose from a variety of stamp sets, embellishments, paper and even a set of Framelits and a card kit! All these can be found in the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Catalog. Go shopping and then choose your favorite FREE item!
Want MORE FREE Stampin’ Up! Products? If you join during Sale-A-Bration (January 3-March 31, 2019) you can get even MORE products for FREE! There are two Starter Kits being offered during this time:
- OPTION #1 – Pay $99.00 and receive your choice of $175.00 of products (that’s is $76 dollars worth of FREE products. Plus it will ship for FREE….saving you another 10%!
- OPTION B – Pay $129 and receive your choice of $175.00 of products and free shipping, PLUS you’ll receive a beautiful Craft and Carry Tote (valued at $50.00). You save $20 on the cost of the tote….plus get $76 worth of free products!
Plus there are lots of their perks and benefits of joining. You can read all about it HERE.