Today, I am sharing another card that I made with a few of’ my Card Corner Crew last Saturday. This card is a another example of a great way to use up your scraps. You can make this card for any occasion, but I chose to make mine a Christmas card this time. (There are only 12 weeks until Christmas!)
The paper I used is from the Santa Express 12” x 12” Designer Series Paper pack. One side features fun Santa images with Mrs. Claus, Trains, a few scenic backgrounds and presents. The other side features matching designs with dots, stars, snowflakes, stripes and a few Ho!, Ho! Ho!’s. Super fun paper!
You will need to choose three matching designs, cutting three squares from each design 1 1/4” x 1 1/4”. And I say three of each even though there are only eight squares on the card because that will give you more options of how you want to lay out your pieces. I recommend playing around with them to see which ones you like where before you start adhering them to the Basic White Cardstock piece.
I did case this card design from one I found on Pinterest by Robin Armbrecht. You can find her at ReallyRobinstamps.com. She had several different layouts for the pieces, so it is worth checking out her blog post HERE.
The easiest way I found to adhere the pieces and make sure you get them evenly spaced is to use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere your pieces which will allow you to move them a bit to get them lined up. I places all four of the corner pieces first leaving about a 1/8” border along the top (or bottom) and the side. Then I filled in the other two pieces along the sides and added the largest piece last.
If you would like to make this card, these are the supplies you will need:
- Brightest Glow Stamp Set (sentiment)
- Shaded Spruce Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4″ x 11″; Score and fold at 5 1/2″, plus a piece cut 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Basic White Cardstock – Cut two pieces 4″ x 5 1/4″ and Cut one piece 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″
- Santa Express Designer Series Paper – Cut 9 pieces 1 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ – three each of coordinating paper designs.
- Ink: Shaded Spruce
- Red Rhinestone Jewels
- Red Sheer Ribbon
- Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Glue Dots, Dimensionals
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips
Hope you’ll give this card a trip. And if you haven’t seen it yet, check out Monday’s post here: World Card Making Day Cards – What to do with your Scraps – Part 1
OCTOBER PAPER PUMPKIN – HO, HO, HO!
Tis the Season to make your own Christmas cards! And it’s easy with the October Paper Pumpkin Kit – Ho, Ho, Ho!. This kit contains whimsical designs of Santa and his reindeer in a classic color palette of reds and greens to match your holiday decor. (Because we all know Christmas cards received in the mail are usually put on display on a mantle or table top!) This kit contains enough supplies to make 9 cards (3 each of 3 designs) with coordinating envelopes.
Paper Pumpkin is a monthly One-Stop Box that offers a unique variety of paper projects for subscribers of any skill level to enjoy! This kit contains enough supplies to make 9 cards (3 each of 3 designs) along with coordinating envelopes. The kit includes:
- Ho, Ho, Ho Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Early Espresso Ink Spot
- 9 printed cards with coordinating printed envelopes
- Printed die cuts, labels and irredescent Die Cut Snowflakes, Vellum
- Vanilla Epoxy dot embellishments
- Adhesive Dots and Mini Dimensionals
Click Here to Subscribe: HO, HO, HO! Paper Pumpkin Kit
P.S. And the word is from the North Pole that this kit coordinates with November’s tag kit and the special add-on product to be announced! So why not purchase a 1, 3, 6 or 12 monthsubscription so you don’t miss out!
BIRTHDAY CARD ORGANIZER KIT
The Kit’s Collection has just expanded with the the new Birthday Card Organizer Kit that will be available starting Tuesday, October 4th! This kit has everything you need to plan ahead and never forget another birthday again!
- Kit includes one 8″ x 10″ monthly planner with space to record birthdays each month as well as a pocket sleeve to hold birthday cards.
- Includes 12 full-size birthday cards, 6 of 2 designs, and 12 coordinating envelopes.
- Includes Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Adhesive-Backed Embellishments, and Tear & Tape Adhesive
- Includes die-cut florals and pieces ready for you to use—no prep work required!
- Includes sticker sentiments and die-cut labels in Dutch, English, French, and German
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Evening Evergreen, Petal Pink, Sahara Sand, and Soft Succulent
This kit is a great gift idea for Christmas….Or maybe you need one for yourself! But hurry, I think this kit will be very popular and will sell out fast!
While you are on the KITS PAGE – check out this new Christmas Gifting Kit! – This kit has all the supplies to make 9 gift tags and 9 gift card holders! Perfect for your holiday gift giving!
NEW STARTER KIT PROMOTION! – BEGINS OCTOBER 4th!
Are there so many products in the catalog that you are having a hard time deciding what to purchase? Why not join Stampin’ Up and my Card Corner Crew and purchase a STARTER KIT and become a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator! Starting October 4th, Stampin’ Up! has an amazing offer – Purchase a Starter Kit for $99 and Choose $155 worth of products. Your Starter Kit includes:
- Your Choice of $155 worth of products from the current July-December Mini Catalog or the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog. (That’s $65.00 worth of product for FREE!)
- A Paper Pumpkin Kit ($ 22 Value)
- FREE SHIPPING! – ($15.50 Value)
- FREE Business Supplies – catalogs, order forms, etc
- FREE fun and friendships with other Stampin’ Up Demonstrators!
- 20% discount on future purchases (to start). There is obligation to have classes or even start a business, you can join and purchase products just for yourself!
So start making your list today. If your wish list is $99 or more, you’ll save money by becoming a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!
If you are interested and would like more information, I’d love to have you join my Card Corner Crew team and help you get started on your crafting journey. Please send me an email at Patricia@patscardcorner.com and let’s chat!
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my OCTOBER HOST CODE: 3T2RUSZZ when prompted. If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! The gift for October is Red Rhinestone Jewels (Please note: Substitutions may be made if item is not available). If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
If you need help placing an order, please contact me by using tab the top of this blog post and I will be glad to assist you or place the order for you!
These are the products used for today’s project. If you need more specific information about the products, you can check them out by clicking on the product image below. And don’t forget to use the OCTOBER HOST: 3T2RUSZZ when prompted during check-out.