It’s been a little more than a month since I’ve written a blog post. I took a much needed break, but I’ve got lots of fun cards and projects to share with you this month. But first, make sure you read all the way to the end. Stampin’ Up has several special deals that start tomorrow (Tuesday, October 4th) and I am sure you do not want to miss them! – FREE Shipping (one day only!), a new Paper Pumpkin Kit, A new Birthday Card Organizer Kit and a Starter Kit Special ($155 worth of products of your choice for only $99!!)
In all my posts this week, I am sharing 3 cards that I made with some of my Card Corner Crew as part of World Card Making Day on Saturday, October 1st. These are all simple cards and super easy to make. And as an added plus this card is a great way to use up some of your leftover scraps of Desogner Series Paper.
You can use any 5 coordinating pieces of Designer Series Paper. I chose to use the 2022-2023 In Color Designer Series papers. Since I needed 5 strips and this paper had 5 colors (Sweet Sorbet, Parakeet Party, Tahitian Tide, Starry Sky and Orchid Oasis) that were bright and cheerful, I thought they were the perfect papers to use.
There were also several patterns to choose from – dots, flowers, strips, checks. I chose the dots and flowers and alternated the patterns on my card.
Each of the strips is 5/8″ x 3 1/4″. I adhered them to a piece of 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ piece of Basic White Cardstock for two reasons….one was because I wanted to “pop up” my present and it would be easier to add the dimensionals on the back of one piece insteady of trying to line up individual pieces. and two….because we don’t always cut each peice perfectly (at least I don’t!) When you are adhereing your pieces, start with one end and line up the top and the side edge to the piece of cardstock. Continue adding your strips placing each one butting up to the previous strip and lining it up on the top. When you are finished, there will be about a 1/8″ strip of white cardstock not covered. You will need to trim that off and also trim off 1/8″ off the bottom. That way if any of your pieces are a bit shorter or longer that the others, trimming off the bottom will make your box have a nice clean edge. So the finished size will be 3 1/8″ x 3 1/8″
As you can see in this picture, I embosed the Basic White card background piece to give my card a little more texture and intered. I used the Gingham Embossing folder for that. Once I adhere that peice on the card and the adhered the “present” with dimensionals, I stamped my greeting, added one In Color Matte Deocroative Dot that matched the color in the strips and added a twine bow. And I was done! Super simple!
If you would like to make this card, these are the supplies you will need.
- Party Puffins Stamp Set (Sentiment) or use sentiment of your choice)
- Gingham Embossing Folder (optional)
- Basic White Thick Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4″ x 11″, Score and cut at 5 1/2″
- Basic White Cardstock – Cut 4″ x 5 1/4″ (Emboss), a piece cut 3 1/4″ x 3/4″ (sentiment tag), a piece cut 4″ x 5 1/4″ for inside (optional), and a piece cut 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- 2022-2023 In Color Designer Series Paper – Cut 1 piece from each color 5/8″ x 3 1/4″
- Ink: Sweet Sorbet
- 2022-2023 In Color Baker’sTwine (I used Sweet Sorbet)
- 2022-2023 In Color Matte Decorative Dots
- Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, and Glue Dots
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips,
Hope you’ll give this a try!
OCTOBER PAPER PUMPKIN – HO, HO, HO!
Tis the Season to make your own Christmas cards! And it’s easy with the October Paper Pumpkin Kit – Ho, Ho, Ho!. This kit contains whimsical designs of Santa and his reindeer in a classic color palette of reds and greens to match your holiday decor. (Because we all know Christmas cards received in the mail are usually put on display on a mantle or table top!)
Paper Pumpkin is a monthly One-Stop Box that offers a unique variety of paper projects for subscribers of any skill level to enjoy! This kit contains enough supplies to make 9 cards (3 each of 3 designs) along with coordinating envelopes. The kit includes:
- Ho, Ho, Ho Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Early Espresso Ink Spot
- 9 printed cards with coordinating printed envelopes
- Printed die cuts, labels and irredescent Die Cut Snowflakes and Vellum
- Vanilla Epoxy dot embellishments
- Adhesive Dots and Mini Dimensionals
Click Here to Subscribe: HO, HO, HO! Paper Pumpkin Kit
P.S. And the word is from the North Pole that this kit coordinates with November’s tag kit and the special add-on product to be announced! So why not purchase a 1, 3, 6 or 12 monthsubscription so you don’t miss out!
BIRTHDAY CARD ORGANIZER KIT
The Kit’s Collection has just expanded with the the new Birthday Card Organizer Kit that will be available starting Tuesday, October 4th! This kit has everything you need to plan ahead and never forget another birthday again!
- Kit includes one 8″ x 10″ monthly planner with space to record birthdays each month as well as a pocket sleeve to hold birthday cards.
- Includes 12 full-size birthday cards, 6 of 2 designs, and 12 coordinating envelopes.
- Includes Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Adhesive-Backed Embellishments, and Tear & Tape Adhesive
- Includes die-cut florals and pieces ready for you to use—no prep work required!
- Includes sticker sentiments and die-cut labels in Dutch, English, French, and German
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Evening Evergreen, Petal Pink, Sahara Sand, and Soft Succulent
This kit is a great gift idea for Christmas….Or maybe you need one for yourself! But hurry, I think this kit will be very popular and will sell out fast!
While you are on the KITS PAGE – check out this new Christmas Gifting Kit! – This kit has all the supplies to make 9 gift tags and 9 gift card holders! Perfect for your holiday gift giving!
NEW STARTER KIT PROMOTION! – BEGINS OCTOBER 4th!
Are there so many products in the catalog that you are having a hard time deciding what to purchase? Why not join Stampin’ Up and my Card Corner Crew and purchase a STARTER KIT and become a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator! Starting October 4th, Stampin’ Up! has an amazing offer – Purchase a Starter Kit for $99 and Choose $155 worth of products. Your Starter Kit includes:
- Your Choice of $155 worth of products from the current July-December Mini Catalog or the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog. (That’s $65.00 worth of product for FREE!)
- A Paper Pumpkin Kit ($ 22 Value)
- FREE SHIPPING! – ($15.50 Value)
- FREE Business Supplies – catalogs, order forms, etc
- FREE fun and friendships with other Stampin’ Up Demonstrators!
- 20% discount on future purchases (to start). There is obligation to have classes or even start a business, you can join and purchase products just for yourself!
So start making your list today. If your wish list is $99 or more, you’ll save money by becoming a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!
If you are interested and would like more information, I’d love to have you join my Card Corner Crew team and help you get started on your crafting journey. Please send me an email at Patricia@patscardcorner.com and let’s chat!
If you have your wish list together, October 4th is the time to make your purchase as Stampin’ Up! has a one day only FREE SHIPPING OFFER for any purchase of $75.00 or more. This is a great time to stock up on supplies you’ll need for your Christmas cards – cardstock, envelopes, designer series paper, adhesive, embellishments and ribbon. You’ll be all set to make your cards! So mark your calendar so you don’t forget!
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my OCTOBER HOST CODE: 3T2RUSZZ when prompted. If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! The gift for October is Red Rhinestone Jewels (Please note: Substitutions may be made if item is not available). If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
If you need help placing an order, please contact me by using the tab the top of this blog post and I will be glad to assist you or place the order for you!
These are the products used for today’s project. If you need more specific information about the products, you can check them out by clicking on the product image below. And don’t forget to use the OCTOBER HOST: 3T2RUSZZ when prompted during check-out.