I meant to get this out earlier in time for Mother’s Day as I thought it would make a great card with a little something extra, but our internet was out for several days. Our neighbors put in a new deck and in digging a hole cut their cable/internet line. When they had someone come out to do the repair, they dug a hole and cut our line, so we now have a temporary line snaking across our yard. You don’t realize how much you depend on the internet until you don’t have it and can’t access your pictures, blog, do online banking, watch Jeopardy (that’s important!) But this card should help relax you (or the recipient!)
I used the Cup of Tea Stamp Set and coordinating dies. I used the teacup stamp with the leaf design in the lower left corner below.
If you look closely you’ll see that I did a little special embossing on the teacup. It’s shiny!….so it looks a littel more like real china, than just a piece of paper.
I actually stamped the tea cup on a scrap piece of the Tea Boutique Designer Series Paper, then placed onto a versa mark pad and pressed lightly. I then used clear embossing powder (and a heat tool) and embossed the entire piece. After I gave it a few seconds todry, I die cut the cup using the Tea Cup Dies.
I made a large “teabag” using a piece of 6″ x 4 1/2″ piece of the Tea Boutique Designer Series Paper, It has a pocket….perfect for hiding a single tea bag packet.
You can find those in most every grocery store…but look for the indiviually packaged teas. After I made the little tea bag pouch, I used Tear & Tape to attach it to the front of my card, inserted the tea bag and it was done!
Did you notice that my teabag holder is the same shape as the tiny little tag dangling from the teacup? Yes, that was on purpose! But I love that little tag, and there are several sentiments in the stamp set that will fit on that tag too! Just a hint: if you want to make sure that tag doesn’t flip over, put a mini dimensional on the back so it stays in place. (and although you can’t see it, another mini dimensional is holding the twine in place on the back of the cup.)
If you would like to make this card, I have provided a list of supplies and measurements below:
- Time for Tea Bundle (Time for Tea Stamp Set and Teacup Dies)
- Stylish Shapes (Circle)
- Basic White Thick Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, Score and fold at 4 1/4″
- Tea Boutique Desginer Series Paper – Cut 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ (background paper), Cut 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (Center) plus a piece 6″ x 4 1/2″ (Score on the long side at 1 1/2″ and 4 1/2″, turn clockwise and score on the short side at 1/2″).
- Basic White Cardstock -Cut 2 pieces 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (front) and Cut 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside), plus Scraps for the teacup, sentiment tag, scrap for circle,
- Ink: Starry Sky and Sweet Sorbet and Versa Mark
- 2022-2024 In Color Twine
- Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, Tear & tape
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Simply Scored (optional), Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
If you need help making this card, please check out my Youtube video here:
Hope you’ll give this a try! If you are mailing this card, it may require extra postage.
In Color Starter Kit Promotion
Is your wish list for the new catalog (and new IN-COLORS) bigger than your wallet will allow? Now is the perfect time to think about purchasing the Stampin’ Up Starter kit! If you purchase your kit May 3-May 31, Stampin’ Up is giving away 4 amazing In Color products (worth $66.50!) in addition to the regular starter kit offering. If your wish list is more than $99, then I highly encourage you to get the starter kit instead of placing a regular order. This is what you will receive:
- $125 of Stampin’ Up products of your choice – can be from the new 2022-2023 Annual Catalog, the January-June 2022 Mini Catalog or the Clearance Rack!
- $66.50 worth of 2022-2024 I”n Color products:
- In Color Grid Paper
- 5 In Color Ink Pads – one of each of the new colors
- Package of In Color Cardstock Assortment
- Package of In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper
- DISCOUNT! 20% off your Stampin’ Up product purchases1
- FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit
- FREE Shipping
Plus you get to be a part of an amazing community of crafters, (including my Card Corner Crew team) who enjoy sharing what they love, plus you get early access to new products and exclusive access to training events with no selling or doing classes required!
Here are a few things to think about:
- There is no obligation to sell products, have home parties, or hold classes. Hobby demonstrators are welcome. Purchase for yourself! (Or buy some kits for friends, they make great gifts!)
- Joining Stampin’ Up is like joining a club full of crafters…thousands of crafters, all over the world! It’s a great way to make new friends and get new crafting ideas.
- Yes, there is a $300 quarterly purchase minimum. But don’t stress over meeting that. If you don’t, you can drop and then sign back up whenever you want, or wait until the next sign-up offer comes along. In the meantime enjoy the 20% discount on all your purchases! Your quarter starts with the first full quarter, so if you sign up in May, you have until September to meet the $300 minimum.
Questions? Please ask! I’d love to answer any questions and/or have you join my team!
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my MAY HOST CODE: S3FRQEKQ and choose me (Patricia Dominicci) as your Demonstrator when prompted. If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! The gift for May is a package of the new 2022-2024 In Color Matte Dots!
If you need help placing an order, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to assist you!
These are the products used for today’s project. Click on any item and it will take you to my online Stampin’ Up! site where you can purchase these items or get more information. And don’t forget to use the MAY HOST CODE: S3FRQEKQ when prompted!