I love getting new Designer Series Paper. New Designs sometimes means finding new ways to use the paper or creating a new sketch for a card design, especially when it’s paper like this.
The same design is on both the top and bottom edges. You could just cut it horizontally across the middle, and do a little trimming and make six identical cards. But I like to mix up my designs and make unique cards. So I cut a strip 4″ x 12″ and made two cards. I could have made 3, so there might be a post soon with the one leftover piece. This is the first card I made.
This card is more or less the traditional card. From the 4″ x 12″ piece, I removed 1/2″ off the bottom and used it for an accent strip on the inside of my card, because you need to have something pretty on the inside too! Right?
Then I cut a piece 4″ x 5 1/4″ off the bottom and used it for the background for this card. I picked a coordinating piece from the same pack of the Awash in Beauty Designer Series Paper pack to place across the front. Don’t be afraid to mix patterns of paper on a card. That’s one of the best features of Stampin’ Up! products is that everything coordinates so you can mix and match with confidence! You can see the paper I used in the top row, 3rd from the left.
For the piece across the middle I cut 1″ off the side and then used dimentionals to adhere the pieces right to the edge which left the little gap in the middle. I got this idea from another Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, Natalie OShea. But I tweaked the dimensions of the papers and then cut the piece on the opposite end (that was actually a mistake, but we’ll keep that a secret!)
I used the new Stylish Shapes Dies to cut my sentiment banner and then wrapped a bit of twine around the end. And of course I used dimensionals to attach it.
If you’d like to make this card, these are the measurements:
- Tahitian Tide Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4″ x 11″, Score and fold at 5 1/2″, plus Cut 4″ x 2″
- Awash in Beauty Designer Series Paper –
- Pattern #1 – Cut 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Pattern #2 – Cut 3 3/4″ x 1 3/4″
- A strip cut 1/4″ x 4″
- Basic White Cardstock – Cut 4″ x 5 1/4″, plus a scrap for sentiment banner (3 3/4″ x 1 1/4″)
For the second card I used the flowers on the opposite end (that were upside down) and turned them right-side up and did a bit of trimming
This card used the same size card base (so I could use one piece of 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock) but it’s turned on it’s side. I did a little optional embossing of the Basic White Cardstock background (I did not do this when I made the card in the video) with the Gingham Embossing Folder.
I adhere the two layers together before I attached them to the card so I could get the right placement for the twine that I wrapped around the bottom piece. Those pieces are adhere to the card front with dimensionals. A small sentiment circle completes the card. Quick and easy!
If you’d like to make this card, these are the measurements:
- Tahitian Tide Cardstock –
- Cut 4 1/4″ x 11″; Score and fold at 5 1/2″ (card base)
- Cut 5″ x 2 1/4″
- Cut 4″ x 3″
- Awash in Beauty Designer Series Paper
- Pattern #1 – Cut 4 3/4″ x 3″
- Pattern #2 – Cut 3 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Basic White Cardstock – Cut 2 pieces 5 1/4″ x 4″, plus a scrap for 1 1/4″ die cut circle
If you need help making these cards or have trouble with the video link below, please check out my YouTube channel and this video: Awash in Beauty – Two Cards!
Hope you have a great week-end!
In Color Starter Kit Promotion
Is your wish list for the new catalog (and new IN-COLORS) bigger than your wallet will allow? Now is the perfect time to think about purchasing the Stampin’ Up Starter kit! If you purchase your kit May 3-May 31, Stampin’ Up is giving away 4 amazing In Color products (worth $66.50!) in addition to the regular starter kit offering. If your wish list is more than $99, then I highly encourage you to get the starter kit instead of placing a regular order. This is what you will receive:
- $125 of Stampin’ Up products of your choice – can be from the new 2022-2023 Annual Catalog, the January-June 2022 Mini Catalog or the Clearance Rack!
- $66.50 worth of 2022-2024 I”n Color products:
- In Color Grid Paper
- 5 In Color Ink Pads – one of each of the new colors
- Package of In Color Cardstock Assortment
- Package of In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper
- DISCOUNT! 20% off your Stampin’ Up product purchases1
- FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit
- FREE Shipping
Plus you get to be a part of an amazing community of crafters, (including my Card Corner Crew team) who enjoy sharing what they love, plus you get early access to new products and exclusive access to training events with no selling or doing classes required!
Here are a few things to think about:
- There is no obligation to sell products, have home parties, or hold classes. Hobby demonstrators are welcome. Purchase for yourself! (Or buy some kits for friends, they make great gifts!)
- Joining Stampin’ Up is like joining a club full of crafters…thousands of crafters, all over the world! It’s a great way to make new friends and get new crafting ideas.
- Yes, there is a $300 quarterly purchase minimum. But don’t stress over meeting that. If you don’t, you can drop and then sign back up whenever you want, or wait until the next sign-up offer comes along. In the meantime enjoy the 20% discount on all your purchases! Your quarter starts with the first full quarter, so if you sign up in May, you have until September to meet the $300 minimum.
Questions? Please ask! I’d love to answer any questions and/or have you join my team!
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my MAY HOST CODE: S3FRQEKQ and choose me (Patricia Dominicci) as your Demonstrator when prompted. If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! The gift for May is a package of the new 2022-2024 In Color Matte Dots!
If you need help placing an order, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to assist you!
These are the products used for today’s project. Click on any item and it will take you to my online Stampin’ Up! site where you can purchase these items or get more information. And don’t forget to use the MAY HOST CODE: S3FRQEKQ when prompted!