Happy New Year!…..a wee bit late! Oh my! It’s been sooooo long since I posted. I took a planned break right before Christmas with all good intentions to be back to my blog in January. I’m here, but a bit later than I intended! We had a little water leak on Christmas Eve morning….our upstairs shower was the culprit for the leak in our ceiling in our downstairs family room. We had fans and dehumidifiers running for 5 days both upstairs and downstairs….needless to say it was too noisy to do much! My craft room became the hot spot of entertainment – watching TV, eating meals, game night….so not much crafting got done! But I did manage to make this card last week:
It’s a Fun Fold card that opens up from the side (You might not be able to tell from the picture above, but there is a “window” cut out of the center)
And then the card flips down! Revealing two more panels.
I used the new Nuts and Bolts Stamp Set….aren’t those robots so cute? I have to tell you though….for days I was reading the one sentiment as Greetings Human Kind instead of Kind Human! And it took me a minute to get the HB2U (Happy Birthday to You). They are alot of fun to stamp and color too.
Because I was making a Valentine Card, I chose the new Sweet Talk Designer Series Paper. It is so fun and I’m glad that it’s not just the traditional red and pink, but that Highland Heather is a featured color along with a few others – like Granny Apple Green and Pool Party.
Luckily for me, this card uses four different patterned pieces, so it was easier to narrow down my choices since I could pick more than just one or two. To cut the “window” on the front, I used the Stitched so Sweetly Dies. I used the three largest scalloped rectangles. The middle sized one was used to die cut the “window” on the front. That piece is attached to the first panel and the smallest of the three dies was cut from Basic White and layered on top. I did stamp and fussy cut the cute little robot and the sentiment and attached them with dimensionals. The heart was stamped from the new Sweet Conversations Stamp set and then fussy cut, but you could just as easily cut a heart from one of pieces of Designer Series Paper.
I did a little more stamping on the next two pieces – I choose paper with alot of small hearts on it for this one because of the robot’s heart and the sentiment just seemed to be a perfect match for the paper.
and the last part of the card I used one of the lovely striped patterns. There is plenty of room on this piece for your message to that special person.
If you would like to make this card, these are the supplies that you will need:
- Nuts and Bolts Stamp Set
- Stitched So Sweetly Dies (or any similar dies like Stitched Rectangles, Scalloped Contours, etc)
- Real Red Cardstock – One piece 8 1/2″ x 11: Score on the LONG Side at 5 1/2″, then turn and Score on the SHORT side at 4 1/4″. Holding your paper so the LONG side is horizontal, cut away the bottom left rectangle by either using your Trimmer or a pair of Paper Snips. The piece that you cut away will be used to die cut a scalloped rectangle using the second to largest die
- Basic White Cardstock – Die Cut 2 scalloped rectangles using the Third largest Scalloped Rectangle Die and scraps for stamping robot and sentiment.
- Sweet Talk Designer Series Paper – Cut four pieces 5 1/4″ x 4″ – one each of four different patterns
- Ink: Real Red and Memento Tuxedo Black
- Stampin’ Blends Markers – Real Red and Smokey Slate
- Adhesive – Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips, Simply Scored (optional), Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine
If you need help making this project, check out the video below or hop on over to my Youtube Channel (Patricia Dominicci) here: Nuts and Bolts Fun Fold Valentine
Hope you’ll give this a try! Have a great week!
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my JANUARY 2022 HOST CODE: U44ZTWCC and choose me (Patricia Dominicci) as your Demonstrator when prompted. If you need help placing an order, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to assist you!
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
These are the products used for today’s card. Click on any item and it will take you to my online Stampin’ Up! store where you can purchase these items or get more information. And don’t forget to use the HOST CODE: U44ZTWCC when prompted!