I am participating in a card swap next week so I needed to get my cards ready. I need 11 cards, so I wanted something that was fun….but also easy to make in multiples. It needed to be a “Holiday” themed card and I debated about whether to make it a Halloween Card or a Christmas Card. Since it’s not quite October, and Halloween is closer than Christmas, I thought I’d go for Halloween.
I don’t really send many Halloween cards, but this stamp set was so cute that I just had to buy it because of the black cat…..all nice and fluffy.
The stamp set is called Clever Cats and is in the July-December 2021 Mini Catalog.
Years ago we had a black cat named Shadow. He got that name because every time he would see his shadow he’d jump and arch his back and all his fur would stand up.. Shadow wasn’t fluffy this the kitty in the image, he was more sleek as he was part Siamese, part who knows? as he was a rescue kitty. His Momma was a stray cat that kept having litters of kittens. They finally caught the Momma right after she birth again, so the kitties were rescued. He also liked to play in boxes like this kitty, so I had to use that to made this card.
I also wanted a little sparkle on the card, so I used the new Black Glitter Paper to die cut the spider web. I should have used the Adhesive Sheets to put on the back of the Glitter Paper before I cut them out….would have made adhering the Spider Web much faster. But since I did not do that, I used my silicon sheet and placed a small pile of Multipurpose Glue in the corner, then I used a small piece of sponge to get a think layer, then dabbed it onto the back of the Spider webs. I also used the Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon for a tad more sparkle.
Did you notice that the Basic White Cardstock looked a little “dirty”? That is because I used a Blending Brush and Smokey Slate ink to “dirty it up” around the edges so the paper wouldn’t look so bright….but a little spookier with the darker look.
If you’d like to make this card, these are the supplies you will need:
- Clever Cats Stamp Set
- Frightful Dies (Spider Web)
- Rectangle Stitched Dies
- Basic Black Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4” x 11”; Score and fold at 5 1/2”
- Pumpkin Pie Cardstock. – Cut 4” x 5 1/4’ (Use this piece to die cut the Stitched Rectangle from the center, plus a scrap to stamp sentiment
- Cute Halloween Designer Series Paper – Cut 3 3/4” x 5” and cut a strip 4” x 1/2”
- Basic White Cardstock – Cut 2 3/8” x 3 5/8” (Die cut Stitched Rectangle) and a piece Cut 4” x 5 1/4” (inside of card)
- Black Glitter Paper – Cut 2 3/4” x 2 3/4” (Die cut spider web – then cut web in 1/2)
- Ink – Memento Tuxedo Black and Pumpkin Pie, Smokey Slate
- Stampin’ Blends – Pumpkin Pie (optional) or use Pumpkin Pie ink and the box stamp to stamp the color onto the box)
- Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals and Glue Dots
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips, Silicon Mat, Bone Folder, Sponge Dauber, Small Sponge (for glue)
Happy Stamping! Hope you have a “Purr-feet” Day!
October’s Paper Pumpkin – Peaceful Christmas is ready to order!
The deadline is October 10th!
Picture this…..Shimmering silver snow, Heartwarming holiday wishes, and seasonal shades of red and green….all wrapped up in a pretty box that’s filled with enough supplies to make 10 Christmas cards, 5 each of two designs. As this kit is all inclusive with printed card bases and coordinating envelopes, die cut pieces and embellishments, ink, stamps and adhesive, all you need is a hot cup of cocoa and a comfy chair to prepare for a cozy night of crafting!
- Create 10 Christmas cards—5 each of 2 designs—with coordinating envelopes.
- The kit’s contents pair perfectly with the Peaceful Place Suite Collection (item 156277). To continue your Christmas crafting, combine the kit’s components with the suite’s patterned paper, shimmery sequins, and more!
- Coordinating colors: Basic Gray, Real Red, Shaded Spruce, silver foil
You can subscribe to this month’s Paper Pumpkin now through October 10th! Click HERE to subscribe.
Purchase a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month subscription and you can earn FREE Sale-A-Bration products too!
DON’T MISS OUT – SALE-A-BRATION ENDS SEPTEMBER 30th!
Time is running out! There is only 1 week left for you to earn FREE Stampin’ Up Products! For every $50 (or $100) you spend on products (not including shipping/tax) from now to September 30, you can earn your choice of FREE PRODUCTS from the new Sale-A-Bration Catalog! Products can be purchased from either the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog or the New July-December Mini Catalog. So check those wish lists, choose your favorites and order today! Don’t miss out!
Take a look here to see all the fun products to choose from! July-December SALE-A-BRATION Catalog
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my SEPTEMBER HOST CODE: VGHEMHHK and choose me (Patricia Dominicci) as your Demonstrator when prompted. If you need help placing an order, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to assist you!
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
These are the products used for today’s card. Click on any item and it will take you to my online Stampin’ Up! store where you can purchase these items or get more information. And don’t forget to use the HOST CODE: VGHEMHHK when prompted!