I am not a good sleeper….it’s not that I have to count sheep at night to go to sleep, I actually fall asleep fairly quickly, less than 5 minutes. My problem is that no matter what time I go to sleep, I’m only good for about 6 hours. So I’m up late at night because I want to trick myself into thinking I am sleeping in (lol) when I get up at 8am…..even though I went to bed at 2:00am. Of course this does lead to late night crafting, so why count sheep when can put sheep on a card instead?
I actually made this card a few weeks ago, but I forgot to post it! Maybe my brain is tired. This is called a Side Step Card. This is the first time I have made a card with this design. I think I was always afraid that I would mess up the cutting, but it was actually much easier than I thought! Here’s a view from the side that shows the “steps” a little better.
This card is made with the Counting Sheep Stamp Set and Sheep Dies that you can get for FREE during Sale-A-Bration. Spend $50 or more and you can choose the Counting Sheep Stamp set as your FREE item during check-out. The Sheep Dies require a $100 purchase. As you’ll notice, there are a few extra dies included that don’t have a “matching” stamp….like the fence, balloons, Sun and pennant flag.
I used the Your’e a Peach Designer Series Papers to make my card. I thought the paper with the little bunches of blue flowers (center bottom row) looked like a meadow where the sheep might be hanging out.
I did make two versions of this card. The second card, I switched the sheep around so that I could have a “taller” sheep frolicking on the side steps. After stamping the sheep, I also used a Smokey Slate Stampin’ Blends Marker to outline their fluffiness and I added a little sparkle by using a little Wink of Stella on them too! They are fun to play with!
I used the Double Oval Punch for the two sentiments. They fit perfectly into the small oval. And it was super easy (and fast!) to stamp and punch them out and then punch a piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock for the mat.
If you would like to try this card, these are the supplies that you will need:
- Counting Sheep Stamp Set
- Sheep Dies
- Double Oval Punch
- Balmy Blue Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, Score and Cut according to the diagram below, plus a scrap for the balloon
- Pear Pizzaz Cardstock – Cut 2 3/8” x 4 1/8”; Cut 2 7/8” x 7/8”; Cut 2 7/8” x 1 1/8” and Cut 2 7/8” x 1 7/8”, plus scraps for the scalloped ovals and one balloon
- You’re A Peach Designer Series Paper
- Design #1 (Stripes) – Cut 2 1/4” x 4
- Design #2 (flowers) – Cut 2 3/4” x 3/4”, Cut 2 3/4” x 1”, and Cut 2 3/4” x 1 3/4”
- Basic White Cardstock – Cut 2 3/8” x 4 1/8” (for back of card), plus scraps for the sentiments and sheep
- Crumbcake Cardstock – Scrap for the fence
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Stampin’ Blends: Smokey Slate (outline the sheep), Balmy Blue and Granny Apple Green (hats)
- Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid Glue (or Stampin’ Seal), Dimensionals, Mini Dimensionals
- WInk of Stella
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Bone Folder, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
Here is a simple cutting diagram for the Step Card.
Sometimes a diagram helps, but I need a visual. If you need that too, then check out this video.
Having Trouble viewing? Try this link to the Youtube Video: Side Step Card with Counting Sheep
Give this a try! It’s Monday….time to try something new!
October’s Paper Pumpkin – Peaceful Christmas is ready to order!
The deadline is October 10th!
Picture this…..Shimmering silver snow, Heartwarming holiday wishes, and seasonal shades of red and green….all wrapped up in a pretty box that’s filled with enough supplies to make 10 Christmas cards, 5 each of two designs. As this kit is all inclusive with printed card bases and coordinating envelopes, die cut pieces and embellishments, ink, stamps and adhesive, all you need is a hot cup of cocoa and a comfy chair to prepare for a cozy night of crafting!
Details about the kit:
- Create 10 Christmas cards—5 each of 2 designs—with coordinating envelopes.
- The kit’s contents pair perfectly with the Peaceful Place Suite Collection (item 156277). To continue your Christmas crafting, combine the kit’s components with the suite’s patterned paper, shimmery sequins, and more!
- Coordinating colors: Basic Gray, Real Red, Shaded Spruce, silver foil
You can subscribe to this month’s Paper Pumpkin now through October 10th! Click HERE to subscribe.
Purchase a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month subscription and you can earn FREE Sale-A-Bration products too!
LET’S SALE-A-BRATE! ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT!
Time is running out! There are only two weeks left for you to earn FREE Stampin’ Up Products! For every $50 (or $100) you spend on products (not including shipping/tax) from now to September 30, you can earn your choice of FREE PRODUCTS from the new Sale-A-Bration Catalog! Products can be purchased from either the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog or the New July-December Mini Catalog. So check those wish lists, choose your favorites and order today! Don’t miss out!
Take a look here to see all the fun products to choose from! Sale-A-Bration Aug-Sept 2021 Catalog
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my SEPTEMBER HOST CODE: VGHEMHHK and choose me (Patricia Dominicci) as your Demonstrator when prompted. If you need help placing an order, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to assist you!
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
These are the products used for today’s card. Click on any item and it will take you to my online Stampin’ Up! store where you can purchase these items or get more information. And don’t forget to use the HOST CODE: VGHEMHHK when prompted!