A Joyful life is something I strive for. I do not always achieve it every day, but I am working on it. In fact it was my New Year’s resolution. You can read about that here. A Joyful Life also just also happens to be the name of the stamp set that I used to make the card that I am sharing today. Here is the card……
…..and this is the stamp set….that shows just a few things that you can do for joy. Take a bike ride with a friend. You don’t necessarily have to put your friend in the bike basket like the bear did with his little bunny friend. My friend would not fit into that basket!
Or you can go grab a hot beverage on a cool day like the little piggy. Or choose my personal favorite…bake! And then give your fresh baked goodies to friends or neighbors. Or in my case I take them to where I go for Physical Therapy (my way of bribing them to go easy on me!…haha….doesn’t always work though!) But isn’t that hedgehog a cutie! I love that little apron.
Here is another view of the card. It looks just like a regular card, but this is actually a Fun Fold card. It’s called a Spanner Card. The Bumblebee piece on the front actually “spans” across the front and it opens like this:
But the Fun Fold does not stop there….it opens again. The middle section opens up so you can now see the full inside of the card.
It is a fun card to make and if you would like to try it, these are the supplies that you will need:
- Joyful Life Stamp Set
- Layering Circles Dies
- Night of Navy Cardstock –
- Cut 5 ½” x 8 ½”; Score and fold at 4 ¼”, Score at 1 ¼” on the front flap from the bottom to the score line on both the right and left side.
- Cut 4” x 2 ½”
- 2 ⅜” x 2 ⅜” Scrap for Scalloped Circle
- Flirty Flamingo Cardstock
- Cut 2 ⅞” x 4 ⅛”
- 3 ¼” x 3 ¼” Scrap for Scalloped Circle
- Sweet Symmetry Designer Series Paper
- Pattern #1 Cut 2 ¾” X 4 (center front)
- Pattern #2 – Cut 2 piecesl ⅛” x 4 ⅛” (front side strips)
- Pattern # 3 – Cut 2 pieces 1” x 3 ⅞” (inside side strips)
- Pattern #4 – 3 ⅞” x 2 ⅜” (Spanner piece)
- Ink: Night of Navy, Calypso Coral and Memento Tuxedo Black
- Stampin’ Blends Markers: Crumb Cake, Flirty Flamingo, Night of Navy, and Daffodil Delight
- Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid Glue or Stampin’ Seal, Dimensionals
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
Oops…almost forgot to show you the paper that I used. I chose four of the patterns that coordinated together from the Sweet Symmetry Designer Series Paper pack. Beautiful patterns and of course they all coordinate, so it was easy to pick a few different ones to combine for my card.
Here is a closeup of the little hedgehog carrying her bowl of apples….or are they doughnuts?
If you would like some help making this card, check out my Youtube video here: Spanner Fun Fold showing how to cut (just two simple cuts) and make this card.
Experience everything the autumn season has to offer with August’s Paper Pumpkin kit, Haunts & Harvest!. Whether you are thinking about crisp red apples or are ready for spooky jack-o-lanterns, this kit has them both! Some fun facts about this kit:
- Supplies to create 12 treat boxes to make 4 each of 3 designs. Take your pick with a selection of styles – apples, pumpkins or jack-o-lanterns. The finished size is 2 1/2″ x 2″.
- An exclusive stamp set and a Classic Stampin’ Spot
- The Paper Pumpkin box is designed to easily transform into a vintage wheelbarrow to display your treat boxes!
- Features a vivid fall palette with coordinating colors of Basic Black, Pale Papaya, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie and Soft Succulent.
You can subscribe to this month’s Paper Pumpkin now through September 10th! Click HERE to subscribe.
Purchase a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month subscription and you can earn FREE Sale-A-Bration products too!
ARE YOU READY TO SALE-A-BRATE? AUGUST 3-SEPTEMBER 30!
Stampin’ Up! is having a second Sale-A-Bration event! For every $50 (or $100) you spend on products (not including shipping/tax) from August 3-September 30, you can earn your choice of FREE PRODUCTS from the new Sale-A-Bration Catalog! Products can be purchased from either the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog or the New July-December Mini Catalog that will be out on August 3rd. Keep your Wish Lists Handy and get ready to shop on August 3rd!
Take a look here to see all the fun products to choose from! Sale-A-Bration Aug-Sept 2021 Catalog
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my AUGUST HOST CODE: QV4Y3BZR and choose me (Patricia Dominicci) as your Demonstrator when prompted. If you need help placing an order, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to assist you!
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
These are the products used for today’s card. Click on any item and it will take you to my online Stampin’ Up! store where you can purchase these items or get more information. And don’t forget to use the HOST CODE: QV4Y3BZR when prompted!
1 thought on “A Joyful Life”
Beautiful card, Patricia! Makes me want Fall to arrive. Apple pies, cozy sweaters, football games, company coming over for turkey……it is a joyful life! Thanks for sharing. I love this stamp set.