Who remembers the tongue twister…She sells seashells by the seashore? Can you say it three times fast? Me neither. Who likes to collect seashells? Me! My happy place is the beach. I love to sit and watch the waves and I also love to walk the beach and look for shells. I have a very special friend that I only see about once a year and we take a vacation to the beach. She’s not a beach walker, so I go myself….and as she says…..”You and a plastic bag are dangerous at the beach” It’s what I put my treasures in when I walk. One trip I had over 500 shells…..from teeny tiny to palm size, pink, white,tan….I love them all. They are scattered throughout my house in glass jars (I do clean and sanitize them with bleach!) This card is perfect for a beach (and shell) lover.
The stamp set is called Friends are Like Seashells and it features several different shapes of seashells and some good all around sentiments…like birthday, thank you, and friendship.
But one of the best things about this stamp set are the coordinating products. The Seaside Seashells Dies has a big die that cut out the entire piece that is attached to the front of my card…all in one piece! You can see how big it is.
This is how I made the piece on the front of my card. First I used a piece of 6″ x 5″ piece of Basic White Cardstock and die cut the shells/seaweed. Then I put the die cut piece into the Seashells Embossing folder and ran it through my Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. The piece will fit perfectly into the folder….just line up the seaweek and the shells.
You can see from the picture above that it gives great detail and texture to the piece. To give my seashells some color, I used the new Blending Brushes and lightly brushed some color onto each shell. I used Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Seaside Spray and Crumb Cake. Using the brushes and lightly going over the top brings out all the details on the shells
You can make them darker or lighter by just adjusting how much ink you put on the Blending Brush and how lightly you brush it on. You can see that the embossed or raised parts pick up a little more ink. Seashells often have a little “shine” to them so after I had brushed on all the ink, I put a little bit of Shimmer Paint on a block and used another Blending Brush to go over the entire piece. Don’t you just love the pearlized look it gives?
If you would like to make this card, these are the supplies that you will need:
- Friends Are Like Seashells Stamp Set
- Seashells Embossing Folder
- Seaside Shells Dies
- Layering Ovals Dies
- Crumb Cake Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4″ x 11″; Score and fold at 5 1/2″
- Basic White Cardstock – Cut 6″ x 5″ (for die cut); two pieces Cut 4″ x 5 1/4″, plus a scrap for the oval (about 2 3/4″ x 2″)
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Seaside Spray
- Frost White Shimmer Paint
- Blending Brush
- 3/8″ Crumb Cake Classic Weave Ribbon (retired)
- Adhesive: Stampin’ Seal and Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
TODAY! THE RETIRING LIST COMES OUT!
HEADS UP! MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- TODAY! March 24th – the list of products that will be RETIRING from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog will be available at 1:00pm Mountain Time! Beginning in April items on the list will be available only while supplies last! So check through the catalog NOW and make a list of your favorites so you can check to see if they are retiring. Retiring Items go FAST! Especially the In-Colors (ink pads and re-inkers, Cardstock, Stampin’ Blends, Stamp & Write Markers etc, as they are only available while supplies last! So don’t delay in placing an order HERE and use my HOST CODE: KPJ9ADF3! Some (not all) items could be on sale too….so make sure you check back on my blog tomorrow afternoon, I’ll be posting the list as soon as I can get my hands on it!
- May 3 – This is the last day to order from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog! And your last chance to purchase items on the RETIRING LIST before they are gone for good!
- May 4 – the new 2021-2022 Annual Catalog will launch! Get ready to check out all the new goodies and start a new Wish List for the coming year! (As a reminder….if you have ordered from me this past year, I will mail you a catalog. If you are not a current customer and would like to receive a catalog (US customers only), you can request one HERE
SO COOL – APRIL PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
The So Cool Paper Pumpkin Kit is a little taste of summer fun, with enough supplies to make 12 colorful, shaped cards with coordinating envelopes. Six card bases are popsicle shaped, the other six are semicircles: three watermelons and three rainbows. All of the cards are splashed with cheerful, vivid watercolor images. The kit also includes two full-size, matching sticker sheets, die-cut accents, fun embellishments, and more.
This kit was designed with kids in mind...the young in age or the young at heart! It’s a great way to help spark their creative imagination and to introduce them to papercrafting! This kit makes a great gift or use it to enjoy some fun quality time with family members. The sentiments in the stamp set included in the kit can be used for multiple occasions such as Birthdays, Congrats, Cheer and more.
AND….the So Cool Paper Pumpkin kit coordinates with the Ice Cream Corner Suite of products in the Jan-June 2021 Mini Catalog with these coordinationg colors: Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive and Terra Cotta Tile.
Watch a sneak peek video here: SO COOL PAPER PUMPKIN and then click to order your SO COOK PAPER PUMPKIN KIT today! You have until April 10th to order your kit by why wait? This is sure to be a popular kits, so don’t miss out!
Ready to purchase supplies?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my MARCH HOST CODE: KPJ9ADF3 and choose me (Patricia Dominicci) as your Demonstrator when prompted. If you need help placing an order, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to assist you!
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
These are the products I used for today’s card. Click on any product and it will take you to my online Stampin’ Up Store.