So…how would you fill in the blank? The stamp set I used to for today’s card is called Nothings Better Than and the stamps in the set give you four choices for an answer….Cookies, Chocolate (my choice), Cocktails and Coffee. Personally, I think I would have added Crafting in there somewhere. I spent a few hours yesterday crafting via Zoom with a few other demonstrators. While they were working on their own projects, I was designing cards for my next class….all of them using the Nothings Better Than Stamp Set. When I was done, I was having so much fun that I created a few more cards. This is one of them:
The stamp set has a fun combination of images and what I would call spunky sayings. So many fun cards can be made with all the elements in this stamp set….cocktail glasses complete with ice cubes, little umbrellas and lemon slices, cookies, and chocolates, plus vintage coffee cups…and you can even add steam coming out! And the best part is you can mix and match the sentiments too.
For this card, I did some simple stamping and made my own “background” by randomly stamping the coffee cups onto a piece of Basic White Cardstock. If you noticed above there are two coffee cup stamps….one that is an outline and the other fills in the color. Makes it so easy to stamp in any color you want. Because I was using the 2020-2022 In-Colors for my card class, I just kept stamping with three of those colors here: Magenta Madness, Bumble Bee and Just Jade.
The coordinating die set is called Love You More Than Dies. Not only can you die cut the images, but there are also the words Chocolate, Coffee, Cookies and Cocktails that are in a fun script that you can die cut plus the words Love You More Than.
When die cutting the words I would suggest using Adhesive Sheets. They are “sticky” on both sides. Adhere your cardstock to one side of your cardstock and then die cut the word making a “sticker”. Just peel off the backing and it’s ready to put on your card. So much easier (and less messy) than using glue.
If you’d like to make this card, these are the supplies you will need:
- Nothings Better Than Stamp Set
- Love You MoreiDIes
- Layering Circles Dies
- 2 1/4” Circle Punch
- Magenta Madness Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4” x 11”; Score and fold t 5 1/2”; and a piece 2 3/4” x 2 3/4” for scalloped circle
- Basic Black Cardstock – Cut 4” x 5 1/4”, and a piece 3” x 3” for scalloped circle
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 3 7/8” x 5 1/8”, a piece 2 1/2” x 2 1/2” for punched circle and cut a piece 4” x 5 1/4” (inside), plus scraps for 2 coffee cups (about 1” x 3”)
- 1/4” Magenta Madness Ribbon
- Adhesive Sheets
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Magenta Madness, Just Jade and Bumble Bee
- Adhesive: Stampin’ Seal or Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
- Tools – Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips and Mini Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine
And put a little something fun inside your card too!
HEADS UP! MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- March 24th – the list of products that will be RETIRING from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog will be available! Beginning in April items on the list will be available only while supplies last! So check through the catalog NOW and make a list of your favorites so you can check to see if they are retiring.
- May 3 – This is the last day to order from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog! And your last chance to purchase items on the RETIRING LIST before they are gone for good!
- May 4 – the new 2021-2022 Annual Catalog will launch! Get ready to check out all the new goodies and start a new Wish List for the coming year!
SO COOL – APRIL PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
The So Cool Paper Pumpkin Kit is a little taste of summer fun, with enough supplies to make 12 colorful, shaped cards with coordinating envelopes. Six card bases are popsicle shaped, the other six are semicircles: three watermelons and three rainbows. All of the cards are splashed with cheerful, vivid watercolor images. The kit also includes two full-size, matching sticker sheets, die-cut accents, fun embellishments, and more.
This kit was designed with kids in mind...the young in age or the young at heart! It’s a great way to help spark their creative imagination and to introduce them to papercrafting! This kit makes a great gift or use it to enjoy some fun quality time with family members. The sentiments in the stamp set included in the kit can be used for multiple occasions such as Birthdays, Congrats, Cheer and more.
AND….the So Cool Paper Pumpkin kit coordinates with the Ice Cream Corner Suite of products in the Jan-June 2021 Mini Catalog with these coordinationg colors: Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive and Terra Cotta Tile.
Watch a sneak peek video here: SO COOL PAPER PUMPKIN and then click to order your SO COOK PAPER PUMPKIN KIT today! You have until April 10th to order your kit by why wait? This is sure to be a popular kits, so don’t miss out!
Ready to purchase supplies?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my MARCH HOST CODE: KPJ9ADF3 and choose me (Patricia Dominicci) as your Demonstrator when prompted. If you need help placing an order, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to assist you!
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
These are the products I used for today’s card. Click on any product and it will take you to my online Stampin’ Up Store.