This is actually a re-make of a card that I made in 2019 when I was visiting my daughter in Seoul, South Korea. I had packed a few stamping supplies so I could stamp on the long 17 hour flight, I didn’t end up doing that….those seat trays are tiny! But I did make quite few cards when I wasn’t sight-seeing. You can see and read about the original card here: Folding Fun With Free as a Bird I still have that card and one of my stampers saw it in my craft room and asked about making it….so here is the new version:
or at least the first of three new versions. I made this as a sample and then made two more…one with my Funday Sunday stampers and then another on yesterday’s Take Two Tuesday Facebook Live.
This is a quick and easy Fun Fold card and I’ve done several other similar ones. This one happens to have a smaller fold on the front, so the flap is more in the middle of the card….almost like a dividing line. You get to see the pretty Floral Art Gallery Designer Series Paper on the front, but this fold lets you see even more on the inside of the card.
And isn’t it beautiful paper? Each piece of the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper looks like an oil painting….with detailed brushstrokes. It’s almost like you painted it yourself.
You can’t see the details as well as in person, so here is a close up of one pieces….so you can see the brushstrokes for yourself.
For this card, I stamped one of the images from the coordinating stamp set Art Gallery and then die cut the image using the Floral Gallery Dies. The two step stamping with a light (Pool Party) and a dark (Pretty Peacock) ink mimics the flowers in the set of papers. And then I added a bow using Pool Party Sheer ribbon.
Each of the inside of the cards, I stamped just a little different. For the card above it only has a sentiment, for the next card, I added a little flower in the bottom left corner and on the third card, I put a big flower right down the side. I’m not sure which one is my favorite.
If you would like to make one of these cards, you will need the following supplies:
- Art Gallery Bundle (Art Gallery Stamp set & Floral Gallery Dies
- Pretty Peacock Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score on the LONG side at 1 1/4″ and 4 1/4″, plus a piece cut 2 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ (Card #2 & Card #3 – Night of Navy Cardstock)
- Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper – Pattern #1 – Cut 2 pieces 2 3/4″ x 5 1/4″. And Pattern #2 – Cut 1″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic White Cardstock – Cut 4″ x 5 1/4″ and cut 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″
- Ink: Pretty Peacock and Pool Party (Card #2 – Night of Navy and Pool Party) (Card #3, Night of Navy, Old Olive)
- Pool Party Sheer Ribbon (optional)
- Art Gallery Sequins (optional)
- Adhesive: Stampin’ Seal or Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips and Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine
You can watch a video showing how easy it is to make on my Facebook Page (Pat’s Card Corner) look for the March 16, 2021 post) or hop over to my You Tube Channel (search for Patricia Dominicci) or just click here: Art Gallery Fine Art Floral
FREE SHIPPING! – TODAY ONLY – March 17th!
The luck of the Irish is with you today! Don’t miss out on this incredible way to save some “GREEN” (cash) on St. Patrick’s Day. Place an order of $50 or more today and your shipping cost s FREE! You can start shopping HERE!….and if you use my HOST CODE (enter when prompted at Checkout. I’ll send you a free gift (approx. value $10!) The gift will come from me and I will mail it to you. It will not ship with your order from Stampin’ Up!
Get started with your shopping by purchasing the following supplies needed to make these cards: