I have another fun fold card for you today! Fun folds are some of my favorite cards to make and this one is super easy and takes just a few minutes to make. I decided to use several of the items from the Fine Art Floral Suite of Products. It was the Fine Art Floral Designer Series paper that inspired me to make this card:
And to make this card;
The front of the card folds out revealing the message inside.
This set of papers, the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper looks like real paintings….complete with brushstrokes. And there is a nice variety of types of flowers and colors too. One side is a series of floral prints and the reverse side is a nice selection of coordinating small prints and brushstrokes.
The Art Gallery Stamp Set has several two step stamps that make flowers that have the same painted look as the Designer Series paper. First you stamp the using a lighter color ink and the second stamp is inked with the darker color. For the flower on the left, the colors are Pool Party and Pretty Peacock and the flower on the right is Poppy Parade and Merry Merlot.
Did you notice the center of the flowers? I added a little Gilded Leafing Embellishment. This is easy to di and is very similar to embossing. You will need the following items to add the gold accents:
There is a link to a video below where I show how to add this detail, but here are the basic instructions.
- Using Versa Mark ink, stamp the design. I used the smallest flower and stamped in middle bottom of the flower.
- Sprinkle on the Heat and Stick Powder and tap off any excess.
- Using a heat gun, aim it at the area you stamped. It will only take a few seconds for the white powder to turn clear (and sticky).
- Carefully place some of the Gilded Leaf Embellishment on the sticky areas pressing down until all the areas are covered.
- Use a dry brush or Stampin’ Sponge and gently brush off the excess.
Hint: The Gilded Leafing is very light and will easily “blow” around. So make sure you close the lid on the container before using the heat gun (and make sure you don’t have an overhead fan making a breeze! Or you’ll be trying to gather up all the pieces! A little bit goes a long way!
If you’d like to make this card, these are the supplies you will need:
- Art Gallery Stamp Set & Floral Gallery Dies (Buy as a bundle and save 10%!)
- Pretty Peacock Cardstock – Cut 3 1/4” x 9 3/4” – Score and fold at 3 1/4 and 6 1/2”, and cut a piece 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”
- Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper – 2 coordinating patterns
- Pattern #1 – Cut 4” x 5 1/4” and cut 2 3/4 x 3 3/4”
- Pattern #2 – Cut 3” x 4”
- Basic White Cardstock – Cut two pieces 3” x 4”, also cut a piece 1/2” x 3” (sentiment), plus scrap pieces to stamp the flower and stem
- Ink: Pool Party, Pretty Peacock and Old Olive
- Gilded Leafing Embellishment, Heat & Stick Powder, Versa Mark, Heat Gun and Sponges ( or a dry brush)
- Adhesive: Stampin’ Seal and Dimensionals
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
You can watch the video on my Facebook Page here: Pat’s Card Corner (post dated February 16, 2021.
I hope you’ll try these two cards. This simple design will work with lots of different papers too!
ITS SALE-a-bration TIME!
There are only 11 days left of Sale-A-Bration! The last day to place an order and earn FREE products is February 28th! It’s one of the best times of the year because you can earn FREE PRODUCTS! – Stamp Sets and Papers! Each $50 product purchase (not including tax/shipping) earns one “Free with $50 purchase item”! For a $100 product purchase you earn two “Free with $50 purchase items (or one “Free with $100” purchase item). The best part? There is no limit to the number of free items you can receive! These products are not available for purchase and once the sale period is over, these products are retired.
You can view the SALE-a-bration catalog here: SALE-a-bration Catalog Jan-Feb 2021
Ready to place your order? Click SHOP NOW! And don’t forget to use my HOST CODE: CK6N2SJG
READY TO JOIN STAMPIN’ UP!?
Is Your Wish List from the January -June 2021 Mini Catalog a mile long? Do the items on the wish list add up to more than $99? Want to get more for your money? Now is the best time to purchase the Starter Kit and join Stampin’ Up! ANd you can take advantage of a special SALE-a-bration joining offer! For only $99, you get the following:
- $125 worth of Stampin’ Up Products for only $99! ($26 of FREE product!)
- FREE – 5 packages of 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper
- Subtles, Neutrals, Brights, Regals and 2020-2021 In-Colors! ($57.50 Value)
- FREE Shipping ($12.50 Value)
- FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit ($22 Value)
- 20% Discount on all your product purchases! (Value? Priceless!)
Add up all the value of all the FREE items and you save $118! Plus you will get 20% off your future product purchases. There is no obligation to sell or hold classes. You can join just to get the discount or you can decide to take advantage of the opportunity and start your own business and make it as little (or big) as you want. AND you can cancel at any time. For more information check out my JOIN MY TEAM page by clicking here or the on the Tool Bar at the top of my blog. I’d love to have you JOIN MY TEAM and experience the fun of being a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator.
NEED SUPPLIES TO MAKE TODAY’S PROJECT (or any other crafting project) please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my FEBRUARY HOST CODE: CK6N2SJG and choose me (Patricia Dominicci) as your Demonstrator when prompted. If you need help placing an order, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to assist you!
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of you.
These are the products I used for today’s card. Click on any product and it will take you to my online Stampin’ Up Store!