I’ve been making treat boxes for the past week….and it’s time to share! Halloween is coming soon and while I’m not sure it there will be any in person Trick-or-Treating where I live, this treat holder box is nice and sturdy and perfect to put several snack size candy bards inside.
This box was inspired by a milk carton box by another demonstrator in England, Sam Hammond Donald. I tweaked the cutting dimensions a bit to make the top handle a bit taller to make it easier to punch the holes for the ribbon.
The box itself is fairly easy to make. I used the Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper. It has beautiful colors and great copper accents.
You just need the dimensions and scoring directions ….and a little diagram never hurts either. The cardstock measures 10 1/2” x 6 1/2” and is scored as follows:
- Score on the LONG side at 2 1/2”, 5”, 7 1/2” and 10”
- Turn the cardstock clockwise and score on the SHORT side at 2 1/2”, 4 1/2” and 5 3/4”
- Turn the cardstock back to the LONG side and score only to the first horizontal score line at 1 1/4” and 6 1/4”
- Using a Ruler and your scoring tool, score from where the 1 1/2” score line meets the first horizontal line to the left corner of the “box” and then repeat to the right corner. Repeat the same for the 6 1/4” score line. This makes a scored triangle like pictured below.
Before you cut the box, attach four pieces of the Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper (Cut 2 1/4” x 1 3/4”) to the middle row as shown.
Then, cut away all of the marked black spaces – From the bottom, cut up on the vertical score lines up to the first horizontal line. Then cut a small “pie piece” to miter the sides of only three of the flaps. The one marked Bottom of Box does NOT get cut. Along the side, remove the skinny triangle at the bottom and miter the top right corner. Attach a piece of Tear and Tape (or liquid glue) to the small side flap and attach it to the opposite side forming a box. On the bottom, fold in the flaps putting glue on them to attach, making sure the one marked Bottom is the last one you fold in. Then just pinch the top together forming the “milk box” top. Use a hole punch to punch holes for the ribbon.
I stamped the witch on her broom on Whisper White Cardstock, colored her with Stampin’ Blends and then did a little fussy cutting with my Paper Snips. I attached her with dimensionals. The sentiment is stamped on a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut the with Layering Ovals dies and then layered on a scalloped oval die cut from a piece of copper Brushed Metallic Paper.
If you would like to make this treat box, these are the supplies you will need:
- Stamps: Flight of Fancy Stamp Set and Ghoulish Goodies (sentiment)
- Dies: Layering Ovals Dies
- Pretty Peacock Cardstock – Cut 10 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ (scoring directions are below)
- Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper – Cut 2 1/4″ x 1 3/4″
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 3″ x 2 1/2″ (witch) and a piece cut 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ (oval)
- Brushed Metallic Cardstock (Copper) – Cut 2 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ (scalloped oval)
- Ink: Pretty Peacock and Memento Tuxedo Black
- Stampin’ Blends: Pretty Peacock (to color ribbon, dress), Mango Melody, (Moon & Stars) Cajun Craze (Broom), Smokey Slate (Mouse), Ivory and Petal Pink (Face)
- Gold Metallic Edged Ribbon
- Adhesive: Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Tear & Tape
- Tools: Simply Scored (or Paper Trimmer with Scoring Blade), Bone Folder, Take-You-Pick Tool (scoring), Pa[er Snips, ruler and a hole punch
This box was fun to make and I know I’ll be making more! Have fun making yours!
Get ready to spread some love with the new Joy to the World October Paper Pumpkin Kit! This special edition one of a kind kit includes all the supplies to make 8 holiday cards- four each of 2 designs and has coordinating envelopes. This is the perfect time to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin as you can get a head start on your Christmas card list.. This is also a great kit to do as part of a family night of crafting! The coordinating colors in the kit include Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Just Jade and Soft Sea Foam. The deadline to purchase your Joy to the World kit is Saturday, October 10th! or while supplies last. The holiday Paper Pumpkin kits are very popular and have sold out in year’s past, so reserve your kit now by clicking here.
It’s Here! Designer Series Paper Sale!
Stock Up and Save! During this incredible sale October 1-31st, you can get a 15% discount on select papers from the current catalogs. This is a great time to stock up and save on your favorite paper designs and there is no limit to how many you can purchase.
- 2020-2021 Annual Catalog Papers – Artistry Blooms, Forever Greenery, Peony Garden, Whale of a Time, In Good Taste, Playing with Patterns and Playful Pets
- Aug-Dec Mini Catalog Papers – Tis the Season, Poinsettia Place, Trimming the Town, Plaid Tidings, Toile Tidings, Heartwarming Hugs, Magic in This Night and Snowflake Splendor.
You can download a PDF of the complete list with photos here! Designer Series Paper Sale
IF YOU NEED SUPPLIES SO YOU CAN MAKE TODAY’S PROJECT or any other crafting project, please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my OCTOBER HOST CODE: DV2GXA22 and choose me as your Demonstrator when prompted.
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice. Don’t forget to choose me as your demonstrator during check-out so you can receive your gift from me!
These are the products that I used for today’s project. Click on any image below for more details or to place an order!