I also used the Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper. This set of papers is one of my favorites for anything fall. The color combinations of the plaids are so versatile that you can use them for general fall themed cards, Halloween, Thanksgiving and even Christmas.
The plaid design I chose was a simple design with a Bumblebee color plaid. I die cut the leaf from the matching Bumblebee Cardstock and then used a sponge dauber to brush some Bumblebee ink around the outside edges to give it some definition and to make it look a little more real as leaves that have fallen are not perfectly all one color.
I added some Early Espresso cardstock as a mat behind my plaid piece, some Early Espresso ink for my sentiment and topped it off with a bow made with the Early Espresso Faux Suede Ribbon. And you also might have noticed that I gave my piece of Whisper White Cardstock a little texture too by using the Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder. This is one of the new folders that is sized to go through the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (which will hopefully be available by the end of the year), so it’s not as wide – it’s only 3 3/8″ wide. So it won’t cover the entire front of a regular A2 size card which is 4 1/4″ wide. So that is where the side panel of plaid covers the part of the Whisper White Cardstock that is not embossed.
If you would like to make this card, these are the supplies that you will need:
- Lots of Leaves Stamp Set
- Dies: Stitched Leaves (leaf) and Stitched So Sweetly (sentiment)
- Embossing Folder: Wrapped in Texture
- Bumblebee Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4″ x 11″; Score and fold at 5 1/2″ and cut a piece for the leaf – 3 1/2″ x 2 1/4″
- Early Espresso Cardstock – Cut 1 5/8″ x 5 1/4″
- Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper – Cut 1 1/2″ x 5 1/8″
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4″ x 4″ (cut 2) and cut a piece 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4 (tag)
- Ink: Bumblebee and Early Espresso
- Early Espresso Faux Suede Ribbon – about 8″
- Adhesive: Stampin’ Seal, Dimensionals and Glue Dots
- Tools: Stampin’ Cut & Emboss, Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips and a Sponge Dauber
Coming in October! Designer Series Paper Sale!
Stock Up and Save! During this incredible sale October 1-31st, you can get a 15% discount on select papers from the current catalogs. This is a great time to stock up and save on your favorite paper designs and there is no limit to how many you can purchase.2020-2021 Annual Catalog Papers – Artistry Blooms, Forever Greenery, Peony Garden, Whale of a Time, In Good Taste, Playing with Patterns and Playful Pets Aug-Dec Mini Catalog Papers – Tis the Season, Poinsettia Place, Trimming the Town, Plaid Tidings, Toile Tidings, Heartwarming Hugs, Magic in This Night and Snowflake Splendor. You can download a PDF of the complete list with photos here! Designer Series Paper Sale
Get ready to spread some love with the new Joy to the World October Paper Pumpkin Kit! This special edition one of a kind kit includes all the supplies to make 8 holiday cards- four each of 2 designs and has coordinating envelopes. This is the perfect time to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin as you can get a head start on your Christmas card list.. This is also a great kit to do as part of a family night of crafting! The coordinating colors in the kit include Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Just Jade and Soft Sea Foam. The deadline to purchase your Joy to the World kit is Saturday, October 10th! or while supplies last. The holiday Paper Pumpkin kits are very popular and have sold out in year’s past, so reserve your kit now by clicking here.
Get it and Go Offer Expires September 30th!!The Starter Kit Promotion Get It and Go! is only available for a few more days! This offer expires Wednesday, September 30th! For only $99 you can choose $125 worth of products AND you will receive the following:
- TWO FREE STAMP SETS! – Queen Anne’s Lace Stamp Set and So Much Love Stamp Set
- TWO FREE CARD PACKS! – Each pack makes 8 cards for a total of 16 cards!
- Granny Apple Green card pack contents: 8 pieces of each plus 8 envelopes! 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ Granny Apple Green Cardstock 3″x 4″ Bermuda Bay Cardstock 3″x 4″ Coastal Cabana Cardstock 3/4″x 4″ Daffodil Delight Cardstock
- Coastal Cabana card pack contents: 8 pieces of each plus 8 envelopes 2-1/4″ x 3-1/2″ Whisper White Cardstock 2-3/4″ x 4″ Daffodil Delight Cardstock 3″ x 4″ Bermuda Bay Cardstock 8-1/2 x 5-1/2″ Coastal Cabana Cardstock
- A FREE package of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- A FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit
- FREE SHIPPING!
- 20% OFF on Future Orders!
IF YOU NEED SUPPLIES SO YOU CAN MAKE TODAY’S PROJECT or any other crafting project, please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my SEPTEMBER HOST CODE: UNQNYYHU and choose me as your Demonstrator when prompted. If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code during the month of August. I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice. Don’t forget to choose me as your demonstrator during check-out so you can receive your gift from me! Need Help Placing an Order or Have Questions? please contact me at email@example.com and I will be happy to assist you!
These are the products I used for today’s card. Click on any of the images below to go to the product page for more information….or to place an order!