Have you ever made one card and then liked the design so much that you went back and made more but kept trying different papers and stamp sets? I did that on Monday. It was like I was trying to see how many different versions of the same card I could make. First I made one for Christmas, and then I made another Christmas card and another and finally I made this one for Halloween.
This may not look like it from the front, but it’s a fun fold card. Someone described something similar to this card as a “Flip-Flop Card, because you flip open one side….
…..And then Flop open the other.
I used the Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper. I was sticking to a black & white them, so I picked three of the papers that I thought went together well….but all with different designs – flowers, a mosaic cobweb and stripes.
The stamp set I used is called Ghoulish Goodies and has lots of fun images and sentiments for cards and treat holders and any other goodies you want to package up for friends & family.
And I am seriously in love with this Metallic Mesh Ribbon. It it so easy to work with and makes the most beautiful bows. And even though it looks a little “spider web-ish” (not sure that is even a good description) it has strands of silver with it, so it looks beautiful for more elegant cards….like Christmas cards. And because it is so lightweight, it goes great into an envelope without adding extra bulk.
If you would like to make this card, these are the supplies you will need:
- Ghoulish Goodies Stamp
- Basic Black Cardstock
- Base Card: Cut one piece 10″ x 4 1/4″; score on the long side and fold at 5 1/2″
- Small card: Cut one piece 3 1/4″ x 7″; score on the long side and fold at 3 1/2″
- Mat: Cut one piece 2 3/4″ x 2 1/2″
- Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper – 3 coordinating patterns
- Cut one piece 5 1/4″ x 4″ (inside of base card)
- Cut one piece 4 1/4″ x 4″ (front of base card)
- Cut one piece 3 1/4″ x 3 (front of small card)
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Cut one piece 3 1/4″ x 3″ (inside of small card)
- Cut one piece 2 1/2″ x 2″ (outside – stamped)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Cajun Craze
- Stampin’ Blends (optional) – Cajun Craze
- Metallic Mesh Ribbon – about 16-18″
- Adhesive: Stampin’ Seal and Dimensionals
Check out my Facebook Page (Pats Card Corner) for Tuesday, Sept 22nd and you’ll see the Christmas Cards I made with this same stamp set using the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper and the Warm & Toasty Stamp set, along with a Facebook Live video showing exactly how to put this together!
Or you can check out my Fun Fold- Flip Flop video on YouTube.
I hope you will give this card a try!
FLASH STAMP SALE TODAY!
WEDNESDAY, SEPT 23rd!
SAVE 15% ON A SELECT GROUP OF STAMP SETS!
Starting at 12:00 AM MT (or 2:00 AM Eastern Time) on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd until 11:59 PM MT (or 1:59 AM Eastern Time, Sept 24), Stampin’ Up is having a sale on a select group of stamp sets from the 2010-2021 Annual Catalog! You can see the entire list here or check out the links below.
Get ready to spread some love with the new Joy to the World October Paper Pumpkin Kit! This special edition one of a kind kit includes all the supplies to make 8 holiday cards- four each of 2 designs and has coordinating envelopes. This is the perfect time to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin as you can get a head start on your Christmas card list.. This is also a great kit to do as part of a family night of crafting! The coordinating colors in the kit include Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Just Jade and Soft Sea Foam. The deadline to purchase your Joy to the World kit is Saturday, October 10th! or while supplies last. The holiday Paper Pumpkin kits are very popular and have sold out in year’s past, so reserve your kit now by clicking here.
20% Discount Every Time You Purchase Stampin’ Up! Products?
Yes, Please! Stampin’ Up has a brand new Starter Kit Promotion called Get It and Go! For only $99 you can choose $125 worth of products AND you will also receive all of the following:
- TWO FREE STAMP SETS! – Queen Anne’s Lace Stamp Set and So Much Love Stamp Set
- TWO FREE CARD PACKS! – Each pack makes 8 cards for a total of 16 cards!
- Granny Apple Green card pack contents: 8 pieces of each plus 8 envelopes! 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ Granny Apple Green Cardstock 3″x 4″ Bermuda Bay Cardstock 3″x 4″ Coastal Cabana Cardstock 3/4″x 4″ Daffodil Delight Cardstock
- Coastal Cabana card pack contents: 8 pieces of each plus 8 envelopes 2-1/4″ x 3-1/2″ Whisper White Cardstock 2-3/4″ x 4″ Daffodil Delight Cardstock 3″ x 4″ Bermuda Bay Cardstock 8-1/2 x 5-1/2″ Coastal Cabana Cardstock
- A FREE package of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- A FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit
- FREE SHIPPING!
I’d love for you to join my Card Corner Crew Team and get you started on your creative stamping journey! For more information, check out my Join My Team! page. Or if you are ready to join now click here: Join Now!
IF YOU NEED SUPPLIES SO YOU CAN MAKE TODAY’S PROJECT or any other crafting project, please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my SEPTEMBER HOST CODE: UNQRYYHU and choose me as your Demonstrator when prompted.
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code during the month of August. I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me!
If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice. Don’t forget to choose me as your demonstrator during check-out so you can receive your gift from me!
Need Help Placing an Order or Have Questions? please contact me at email@example.com and I will be happy to assist you!
STAMP SALE! Check out these stamp sets that are on sale. 15% off the price listed below. Click on any of the links to go to my online store where you can purchase these stamp sets. Don’t forget to use my HOST CODE: UNQNYYHU
Just want to know what I used today? Click on any item and it will take you to my Stampin’ Up Online Site where you can purchase these items or get more product information.