I spent the week-end playing in my craft room. I have several new stamp sets that have not seen any ink yet and I intended to change that. This card did not exactly turn out how I envisioned. I had a vision in my head of what I thought I wanted to do, but I didn’t exactly like how it turned out (That card is at the end of this post). So this card is my second attempt.
The stamp set I used is called Flight of Fancy. This stamp set is very versatile as it contains images for not one, not two….but three holidays – Halloween, Christmas and Valentine’s Day.
For this card I stamped the Halloween Witch in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then used Stampin’ Blends to color the witches outfit (Blackberry Bliss and Mango Melody), her broom (Cajun Craze) and even the little mouse (Crumb Cake) that is along for the ride.
I decided to add some color to the background as it just looked too plain. I used sponge daubers and started with a layer of Seaside Spray. It wasn’t dark enough, so I added a layer of Balmy Blue. Still wasn’t what I was thinking for a night sky, so I added a little Night of Navy on top.
I added a little “sparkle” to the witch and the “trail” of her broomstick by brushing on a little Wink of Stella….which you can see when the light is at the right angle. And the Metallic Mesh Ribbon across the middle adds a little sparkle too. If you would like to make this card, these are the supplies you will need:
- Flight of Fancy Stamp Set
- Ghoulish Goodies Stamp Set (sentiment)
- Rectangle Stitched Dies (optional)
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – Cut 5 ½” x 8 ½” – Score and fold at 4 ¼”.
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Cut 5 ¼” x 4”
- Cut 4 ⅜” x 3” (or use Rectangle Stitched Dies)
- Blackberry Bliss Cardstock – Cut 5/14” x 4”
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Blackberry Bliss, Seaside Mist, Balmy Blue and Night of Navy
- Stampin’ Blends: Blackberry Bliss, Mango Melody, Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake, Petal Pink
- Metallic Mesh Ribbon (about 7”)
- Holiday Rhinestone Gems
- Sponge Daubers
- Wink of Stella
- Adhesive: Stampin’ Seal and Dimensionals
And as promised, this is the first card that I made. My sponge daubing got a little out of hand. But I made the best of it and finished the card. And it will make someone smile when it appears in their mailbox.
So if you make a card and it doesn’t come out like you envisioned….finish it anyway. And then try again.
Get ready to spread some love with the new Joy to the World October Paper Pumpkin Kit! This special edition one of a kind kit includes all the supplies to make 8 holiday cards- four each of 2 designs and has coordinating envelopes. This is the perfect time to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin as you can get a head start on your Christmas card list.. This is also a great kit to do as part of a family night of crafting! The coordinating colors in the kit include Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Just Jade and Soft Sea Foam. The deadline to purchase your Joy to the World kit is Saturday, October 10th! or while supplies last. The holiday Paper Pumpkin kits are very popular and have sold out in year’s past, so reserve your kit now by clicking here.
20% Discount Every Time You Purchase Stampin’ Up! Products?
Yes, Please! Stampin’ Up has a brand new Starter Kit Promotion called Get It and Go! For only $99 you can choose $125 worth of products AND you will also receive all of the following:
- TWO FREE STAMP SETS! – Queen Anne’s Lace Stamp Set and So Much Love Stamp Set
- TWO FREE CARD PACKS! – Each pack makes 8 cards for a total of 16 cards!
- Granny Apple Green card pack contents: 8 pieces of each plus 8 envelopes! 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ Granny Apple Green Cardstock 3″x 4″ Bermuda Bay Cardstock 3″x 4″ Coastal Cabana Cardstock 3/4″x 4″ Daffodil Delight Cardstock
- Coastal Cabana card pack contents: 8 pieces of each plus 8 envelopes 2-1/4″ x 3-1/2″ Whisper White Cardstock 2-3/4″ x 4″ Daffodil Delight Cardstock 3″ x 4″ Bermuda Bay Cardstock 8-1/2 x 5-1/2″ Coastal Cabana Cardstock
- A FREE package of Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- A FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit
- FREE SHIPPING!
I’d love for you to join my Card Corner Crew Team and get you started on your creative stamping journey! For more information, check out my Join My Team! page. Or if you are ready to join now click here: Join Now!
IF YOU NEED SUPPLIES SO YOU CAN MAKE TODAY’S PROJECT or any other crafting project, please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my SEPTEMBER HOST CODE: UNQRYYHU and choose me as your Demonstrator when prompted.
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code during the month of August. I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me!
If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice. Don’t forget to choose me as your demonstrator during check-out so you can receive your gift from me!
Need Help Placing an Order or Have Questions? please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to assist you!
Just want to know what I used today? Click on any item and it will take you to my Stampin’ Up Online Site where you can purchase these items or get more product information.