It’s Monday! Happy beginning to your week! I seem to always be showing you cards that are blue on Monday….and today is no exception. I’ve been making cards and cutting cards for an Under the Sea/Whale Done class. Each participant received one-quarter of a package of the Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper.
There are whales, turtles, little seahorses and fish, jellyfish, underwater scenes…so much to choose from! Obviously, they didn’t need all that paper to make the projects for the class. I decided to give them a few ideas of how to use the leftover paper. And here is one.
It looks like an ordinary card, but it’s actually a Pocket card! The piece in the front comes out! You could use this a bookmark….(especially if you punch a hole in the top and put a little piece of ribbon to pull it out!)
I used the Whale Done Stamp Set that coordinates with the paper to stamp the sentiment, coral and seaweed. The little baby whale, I fussy cut from a piece of the Designer Series Paper that was left over from this card.
But you can stamp a larger whale with the stamp set…..AND punch it out with the coordinating Whale Builder Punch if you would like a larger whale. (DId you know you can save 10% by purchasing the bundle – both the stamp set and the Whale Builder Punch?)
If you noticed the larger seaweed in the stamp set and then looked at the card I made, you’ll notice that the seaweed on the piece that goes in the pocket is facing the other direction…..a little reverse stamping is how that happened! There are several ways to do a reverse image, but here is a quick and easy way using a silicon sheet (and a few pictures to help you visualize!
- Using a silicon sheet, ink up your stamp really well with Granny Apple Green ink and then stamp right on to the silicon sheet. Because I wanted my seaweed in the corner, I stamped in the corner of the silicon sheet.
- Turn the Whisper White piece face down and carefully place it on the silicon sheet right over where you stamped.
- Carefully rub the back of the Whisper White paper. Then slowly lift off….and
- Ta-Da! You have a reverse image!
- Use a Simply Shammy to wipe off any excess, or rinse under water.
If you would like to make this card, these are the supplies that you will need:
- Whale Done Stamp Set
- Pacific Point Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4” x 11”, Score and fold at 5 1/2”, and cut a piece 2 3/4” x 4”
- Night of Navy Cardstock – Cut 4” x 5 1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 3 3/4” x 5” and a piece cut 2 1/2” x 3 3/4” and a piece cut 4” x 5 1/4” (inside of card)
- Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper – Cut two pieces 3” x 3 3/4”
- Ink: Pacific Point, Night of Navy and Granny Apple Green
- Adhesive: Stampin’ Seal or Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Tear & Tape (optional)
- Silicon Sheet
- Tools: Paper Trimmer
To make the “criss-cross” with the Designer Series Paper to make the pocket, you will need your Paper Trimmer and these directions. (Again, there are a few pictures to help you along,
- Place the two pieces so the shortest side (3”) is vertical and the longest side (3 3/4”) is horizontal. For the first piece you are going to cut from the top left corner to the bottom right corner by placing those points of your rectangle right on the cutting guide and cutting.
- Then take the second piece and cut from the TOP RIGHT corner to the BOTTOM LEFT corner by placing those points of the rectangle on the the cutting guide and cutting.
- You will be using the bottom two pieces of those cut rectangles. Put the other two pieces aside to use on another card.
To make the pocket, place adhesive just on the edge of the two right angle sides (DO NOT put adhesive on the diagonal or anywhere else. Do the same for both pieces and adhere to the card front by placing the pieces along the bottom of the Whisper White piece on the front of the card.
And you know I couldn’t finish this blog post unless I told you to decorate the inside! For today’s card, I added a little seaweed and coral.
I hope you’ll try this Pocket Card!
DON’T FORGET! BONUS DAYS ARE HERE!
Earn in July – Spend in August! From July 1 – August 3, for every $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you purchase (before shipping & tax) you will receive a $5.00 Bonus Coupon that you can redeem August 4-31st! And….there is NO LIMIT to the number of coupons that you can earn….so shop all month long! Your bonus coupon codes will be emailed to you…so make sure your email address in your order is correct!
IF YOU NEED SUPPLIES SO YOU CAN MAKE TODAY’S PROJECT or any other crafting project, please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need.
If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my July Host Code: DKMA7GSB and choose me as your Demonstrator when prompted.
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code during the month of July. I will send you a package of Stampin’ Dimensionals as a thank you from me!
If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice. Don’t forget to choose me as your demonstrator during check-out so you can receive your package of Stampin’ Dimensionals from me!
Need Help Placing an Order? please contact me at email@example.com and I will be happy to assist you!
Just want to know what I used today? These are the products I used. Click on any item and it will take you to my Stampin’ Up Online Site where you can purchase these items or get more product information.
1 thought on “Whale of a Time Pocket Card”