Tiny is good. And the Tiny Clear Treat Boxes are no exception. The boxes measure just 2” x 2” x 2” making them great for small party favors. Put the boxes together, fill with treats, wrap a strip of Designer Series Paper around the outside and tie a bow….Ta..Da!
Oh and decorate the top too to make it more festive!
Oh, I bet you are ready to make these now aren’t you? They are so easy….and fast to make. I used the Toile Tidings Designer Series Paper for the outside wrapper.
To make the box with the Toile Tidings Gingham Check, you will need a strip measuring 1 3/4” x 9”. If you’d like to add a border to your paper so it covers the entire side, add a piece of 2” x 9” coordinating cardstock and adhere the two pieces together before scoring.
- Clear Tiny Treat Boxes (2” x 2” x 2”)
- Toile Tidings Designer Series Paper
- Optional: Coordinating Cardstock – Real Red or Garden Green
- Tear & Tape
- Simply Scored (or use the scoring blade on the Paper Trimmer)
- Gift Bag Shredded Paper- non-Stampin’ Up! item
- 20” of matching ribbon
- Sprig Punch, Any leafy die (I used dies from the
- Real Red Glimmer Paper, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, Silver Glimmer Paper, Garden Green Cardstock, Real Red Cardstock
And here are the simple directions:
- Cut Toile Tidings Designer Series Paper – 1 ¾” x 9. Optional Matching Cardstock Cardstock – Cut 2” x 9”. If using cardstock, Adhere Toile Tidings Designer Series Paper to Cardstock, and then score as below.
- Score on the long side at: 1 ¾” , 3 ¾”, 5 ¾” and 7 ⅞”. Crease with a bone folder on the score lines.
- Turn over to the “inside” and place a piece of Tear & Tape at the 7 ⅞” end.
- Put the box together & fill with shredded paper & candy of choice or small gift or just candy. (Holiday M&M’s make a festive box!)
- Wrap the Designer Series Paper around the box, overlap the ends and secure on the BOTTOM.
- Tie ribbon around the box and tie in a bow.
- Optional: Use Sprig Punch and punch several from Red Glimmer Paper, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, Garden Green or Real Red Cardstock, or Silver or Gold Foil Sheets. You can also use any leafy, sprig looking die to cut additional pieces. I used several from the Pretty Pines Thinlits (retired) to add a few pine boughs.
- Adhere with glue dots underneath ribbon/bow.
Here is a big HINT: The Designer Series Paper is wrapped around like a paper “sleeve” and is NOT attached to the box. This allows it to be slid off to open the box. Also be aware if the paper has an obvious “this side up”, like the piece I chose for the green box, cut your paper accordingly.
These clear boxes are great for decorating a table…just put one at each guest’s seat. Fill with mints or chocolates. They also make great party favors for a New Year’s Party! Or any other festive occasion….just change up the paper and you are good to go for BIrthdays, Ladies Luncheons, Baby Showers….oh so many possibilities!
For what occasion are you planning to make these??
Happy Stamping! & Happy New Year!
There are only a few days left to take advantage of the The Year-End Closeout and Sale on select items. The sale ends January 2nd! There are still some great discounts on retiring Stampin’ Up! products, including stamp sets and items from the holiday catalog. And don’t forget: This offer is only while supplies last! Click HERE to shop the Close-Out Sale
Now is the time to order the January Paper Pumpkin Kit – “I’ll “Bee” Yours”. This kit makes 20 treat bags PLUS 10 mini (3” x 3” ) cards and envelopes! This kit is all about L-O-V-E. Whether you want special treats for Valentine’s Day, a bridal shower, a romantic wedding, this kit has everything you need to celebrate. So make it a LOVE-ly day and order a kit today.
If you’d like to order the January Paper Pumpkin, either as a gift for a friend or for yourself….click HERE
The New 2020 Mini Catalog will be launching soon! (Formerly known as the Occasions Catalog) AND Sale-A-Bration will begin too! It all starts in January! Stay Tuned for more!
Ready to shop? If you would like to place an order or check out products for more information, please click on the shopping link below and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Store. If you don’t already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! I can answer any questions, or help you choose supplies for your projects. If your order is less than $150, please use my December Host Code HGU6DJ6E and choose me as your Demonstrator when prompted during check-out.
If you place an of $50 or more and use my Host Code during the month of November, I’ll send you a package of Jingle Bell embellishments as a thank you from me!
If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice. Don’t forget to choose me as your demonstrator during check-out so you can receive your Jingle Bell Embellishments from me.
These are the products I used to make today’s card. Click on any of the images to be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Store where you can get more information and purchase the items you need.