How many of you can say this tongue twister? – She sells seashells down by the seashore – three times fast? Not me….I had trouble typing it…kept trying to add an extra letter – sheshells. I’m feeling “Beachy” this week, so you’re going to get a few posts using this stamp set: SEASIDE NOTIONS.
It’s a great little stamp set and there are so many things you can do with it. If you missed it, check out my Fun Fold post last week: Fun Fold Friday – Double Z’s! .
Today’s card is one that I did in one of my classes in July.
I’m not sure if you can see it or not….but we did some embossing with gold on the sea grass, seahorse and sand dollar. We actually stamped each of those once with ink and then came back and embossed with gold. You can see it better here:
How did we keep everything lined up? With a Stamparatus of course! It comes with the two plats and magnets and a rubber mat (not shown). The plates fit into the grooves on the side.
This handy tool lets you place your stamp exactly where you want it. Once you position your stamp on the plate (see below), close the plate and give your stamp a little press, when you open it back up, your stamp will be attached to the plate, ready to ink and stamp. You can stamp in the same place on your card with different inks. By placing your paper in the same position, you can go back, re-ink and stamp again if you didn’t get a good impression. I stamped with Pool Party Ink first, did a little fill in coloring with a Pool Party Light Stampin’ Blend marker and then went back and stamped with Versa mark so I could emboss over top.
If you get ink on the plate it easily wipes off with a Simply Shammy, or will wash off with water.
If you’d like to make this card, these are the supplies you will need:
- Seaside Notions Stamp Set
- Stamparatus (optional)
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Heat Tool
- Pool Party Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4”; plus a strip cut 5/8” x 4” (inside)
- Gold Foil Sheets – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”, plus a strip cut 1/2” x 3 7/8” (inside)
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5” x 3 3/4”, plus scraps for the seahorse and sand dollar; plus a piece 5 1/4” x 4” (inside)
- Ink: Pool Party, Crumb Cake and Versa Mark
- Stampin’ Blends Markers: Pool Party Light, Crumb Cake Light
- SNAIL adhesive, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
And put a little something shiny on the inside too!
Now, go out and soak in some sunshine and when you come back, do a little stamping and try this card.
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT BECOMING A STAMPIN’ UP DEMONSTRATOR?
NOW IS THE TIME TO JOIN!
This is such exciting news that it’s extra, extra special! August 31st is the deadline to take advantage of this great offer. Join Stampin’ Up!and get a great deal on Stampin’ Up! Products!! Pick $155.00 worth of products and pay only $99!! That’s $56 worth of free products! Plus you get FREE SHIPPING….which is another $15.50 savings! And it gets even better…you will also get a $10 Bonus Coupon to use on a future order that is good until October! Let me just add up the savings for you….you’ll save $81.50!!
AND THERE ARE OTHER BENEFITS TOO!
- 20% off all future orders (at least through the end of January 2020!)
- Get special previews new catalogs and you can order preorder items 1 month before the catalog goes “live”. And if you join during August, you can order items from the new 2019 Holiday Catalog as part of your $155 worth of free products!
- Attend OnStage (Stampin’ Up’s annual convention), other special events and meet other demonstrators and crafters just like you!
- There is no pressure, no obligation, and no commitment! You can make Stampin’ Up be whatever you want it to be. Join for the fun and the discount or make a little money….the choice is yours!
HAVE QUESTIONS? CONTACT ME TODAY!
LET’S START YOU ON YOUR CRAFTING JOURNEY!
Below are the products I used for my card today. If you need supplies to make one yourself or for any of your other papercrafting projects, please click on the shopping link below and you’ll be taken to my Stampin’ Up! Online store where you can find all these products and more!
And don’t forget to use my AUGUST Host Code above when you place an order of less than $150.00. If your order is more than $150.00, do not use the host code as you will receive Stamping’ Rewards of your own! Stampin’ Rewards start at $15.00! If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! Just choose me as your demonstrator during check-out! I’d love to help you get started with making cards and paper crafting!