Hooray! You made it through the week! Today is Friday and it’s time to share another Fun Fold card. Today’s Fu Fold card is called a Double Z Fold. There are two pieces and they each are folded like the letter “Z”, and put together on the same card. Here it is all folded up….
And here is the card opened up….just open from the top.
This card is really simple to make. It’s almost like making two card and then just putting them together. If you look at the card from a different view you can see the two Z outlines
It’s nearing the end of summer, so I used the Seaside Notions Stamp Set. I thought I would get a “Beachy” card into the mix. It’s one of my new favorite stamp sets.
I live near the beach….and I like to vacation at the beach. One of my favorite things to do is to pick up shells and bring them home. I may get a little over zealous with that as I have little jars of shells all over my house. When I saw this stamp set in the catalog, I knew it would end up in my craft room.
I stamped my shells with one of the new 2018-2020 In Colors – Seaside Spray and used the Seaside Spray Light and Crumb Cake Light Stampin’ blend to givei the shell a little color. I did not do that to the shells on the inside panel. Can you see the difference? Which one do you like better — with Extra Color or without Extra Color ?
I embossed one of the panels that make up the top of the card. This is easy to do. Instead of placing the entire piece of cardstock in the embossing folder, you place the fold of the card on the edge of the embossing folder and leave the rest hanging out. Because the “waves” on the embossing folder I used are directional, I had to run the embossing folder through sideways.
If you would like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Seaside Notions Stamp Set
- Seaside Spray Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4” x 11. Score on the long side at 2 3/4” and 5 1/2” Fold accordion style.
- Soft Sea Foam Cardstock – Cut 9” x 3 3/4”. Score on the long side at 3” and 6”. Fold accordion style.
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 3 pieces 2 3/4” x 3”, plus scraps for seashells
- Optional – Crumb Cake Cardstock for matting – cut 3 pieces 2 7/8” x 3 1/8
- Ink: Seaside Spray (shells) and Soft SeaFoam (sand) and Crumb Cake (sentiment)
- Stampin’ Blends Markers – Seaside Spray Light and Crumb Cake Light
- Seaside Embossing Folder
- Seaside Spray 1/2” Scalloped Linen Ribbon – about 6 inches
- SNAIL adhesive, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Paper Snips
I hope you’ll give this Fun Fold a try!
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT BECOMING A STAMPIN’ UP DEMONSTRATOR?
NOW IS THE TIME TO JOIN!
This is such exciting news that it’s extra, extra special! August 31st is the deadline to take advantage of this great offer. Join Stampin’ Up!and get a great deal on Stampin’ Up! Products!! Pick $155.00 worth of products and pay only $99!! That’s $56 worth of free products! Plus you get FREE SHIPPING….which is another $15.50 savings! And it gets even better…you will also get a $10 Bonus Coupon to use on a future order that is good until October! Let me just add up the savings for you….you’ll save $81.50!!
AND THERE ARE OTHER BENEFITS TOO!
- 20% off all future orders (at least through the end of January 2020!)
- Get special previews new catalogs and you can order preorder items 1 month before the catalog goes “live”. And if you join during August, you can order items from the new 2019 Holiday Catalog as part of your $155 worth of free products!
- Attend OnStage (Stampin’ Up’s annual convention), other special events and meet other demonstrators and crafters just like you!
- There is no pressure, no obligation, and no commitment! You can make Stampin’ Up be whatever you want it to be. Join for the fun and the discount or make a little money….the choice is yours!
HAVE QUESTIONS? CONTACT ME TODAY
LET’S START YOU ON YOUR CRAFTING JOURNEY!
These are the products I used for the Double Z card. If you need supplies to make one yourself or for any of your other papercrafting projects, please click on the shopping link below and you’ll be taken to my Stampin’ Up! Online store where you can find all these products and more!
And don’t forget to use my AUGUST Host Code above when you place an order of less than $150.00. If your order is more than $150.00, do not use the host code as you will receive Stamping’ Rewards of your own! Stampin’ Rewards start at $15.00! If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! Just choose me as your demonstrator during check-out! I’d love to help you get started with making cards and paper crafting!