Not every card you make has to be the same size. Because lets face it, there are times when you need a card smaller than the average card….like enclosure cards. You know those small little cards that get tucked inside a gift bag. They are really quick and easy to make and need minimal supplies. The finished size is 3” x 3”, so you only need a 3” x 6” piece of cardstock to make one card.
The first card on the left I used a left over piece of Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper. Any one of these beautiful patterns would make a great little card.
The middle card I used a leftover flower from a special class I did called “Everything’s Coming Up Daisies. We made cards of course…using the Daisy Lane stamp set and Daisy punches. But we also made flowers to put in a little milk bottle jar that I found at Dollar Tree.
And the third and last card, was made from a piece of the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper. Another great choice for making small cards as there are several small prints that make a great background.
Finishing the cards off was just a matter of punching out a few circles and stamping my “Thank You” sentiment. That Sentiment came from the Good Morning Magnolia Stamp set, but you can use any sentiment you’d like…..Happy Birthday, Thinking of You, etc.
I was making Thank You cards because I had several ladies make a purchase. So I used a cellophane bag, put the items inside, tied a bow around the top and added the gift card. Did you notice that the card matched their purchase?
If you’d like to make one of these small cards, this is what you will need:
For all the cards:
- Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set (Thank You sentiment)
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock – Cut 6” x 3”, Score and Fold at 3”
- 1/8” Small Hole Punch
- Ink: Balmy Blue
- Coordinating Ribbon or twine
- SNAIL adhesive or Multipurpose Liquid Glue
For Card Number 1:
- Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper – Cut 2 3/4” x 2 3/4”
- White Ribbon
For Card Number 2:
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 2 3/4” x 5 1/2” – 2 large Daisies and cut a piece 2” x 4” for 2 small Daisies.
- Ink: Lovely Lipstick
- 1/8” Lovely Lipstick Grosgrain ribbon
- Punches: Daisy Punch and Medium Daisy Punch
For Card Number 3
- Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper – Cut 2 3/4” x 2 3/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Scrap for Stitched Circle (Stitched Shapes Dies)
- Balmy Blue Cardstock for Scalloped Circle (Layering Circles Dies)
- White Ribbon
So next time you are giving a gift in a gift bag or giving sweet treats to a friend, make your own little card to hang around the bag so the recipient can see your lovely handiwork! One thing I dislike is rummaging around in a gift bag trying to find the card so I know who gave it to me. Hang it right on the outside for everyone to see!
These are the products I used for the three cards. If you need supplies to make one of these cards to put on the outside of your gift, please click on the shopping link below and you’ll be taken to my Stampin’ Up! Online store where you can find all these products and more!
And don’t forget to use my AUGUST Host Code above when you place an order of less than $150.00. If your order is more than $150.00, do not use the host code as you will receive Stamping’ Rewards of your own! Stampin’ Rewards start at $15.00! If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! Just choose me as your demonstrator during check-out! I’d love to help you get started with making cards and paper crafting!
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT BECOMING A STAMPIN’ UP DEMONSTRATOR?
NOW IS THE TIME TO JOIN!
This is such exciting news that it’s extra, extra special! August 31st is the deadline to take advantage of this great offer. Join Stampin’ Up!and get a great deal on Stampin’ Up! Products!! Pick $155.00 worth of products and pay only $99!! That’s $56 worth of free products! Plus you get FREE SHIPPING….which is another $15.50 savings! And it gets even better…you will also get a $10 Bonus Coupon to use on a future order that is good until October! Let me just add up the savings for you….you’ll save $81.50!!
AND THERE ARE OTHER BENEFITS TOO!
- 20% off all future orders (at least through the end of January 2020!)
- Get special previews new catalogs and you can order preorder items 1 month before the catalog goes “live”. And if you join during August, you can order items from the new 2019 Holiday Catalog as part of your $155 worth of free products!
- Attend OnStage (Stampin’ Up’s annual convention), other special events and meet other demonstrators and crafters just like you!
- There is no pressure, no obligation, and no commitment! You can make Stampin’ Up be whatever you want it to be. Join for the fun and the discount or make a little money….the choice is yours!
HAVE QUESTIONS? CONTACT ME TODAY
LET’S START YOU ON YOUR CRAFTING JOURNEY!