Fridays are such a great day….it’s the end of the week and everyone is looking forward to the week-end. I decided to make Fridays even better! It’s now Fun Fold Friday! For the next few weeks I’m going to share a new way to either fold your card….or add a special element to your card! So hang on to your hat….here we go!
The first card I’m going to share has a special Fun Fold element on the front. I saw this special fold a too many months ago to count and even tacked up a sample on my bulletin board so I wouldn’t forget…..which I did….but better late than never.
The highlight of this card is the special origami fold on the front center of the card. It’s called an Origami Shadowbox fold and you can see it has earned it’s named by the shadow on the picture! I used Stampin’ Up!’s new See A Silhouette Designer Series Paper for this card because I like the bright bold colors and design.
Because this fold shows both sides of the paper, you will need to make sure you like both sides! Stampin’ Up Designer Series Paper is perfect for this as both sides are coordinating. You can fold it either way….here is the same 4” x 4” piece of paper shown above, but folded so the inside/outside are reversed.
To make the Origami Shadowbox you will need a 4” x 4” piece of paper. On each side, score the paper at 2”. This will give you a center point where the two score lines meet. In the picture below the dotted lines are the scored lines. Fold in each corner point toward the center and burnish (crease) with a bone folder. Then take the point that is now at the center and fold it back out so it meets the center of the angled fold that you just made. Repeat for all four corners.
When you are finished, it will look like the folded square above and will be ready to adhere to the front of your card.
In the middle I added a sentiment and a small butterfly on two circles using the Butterfly Gala Stamp Set and coordinating Butterfly Punch.
If you’d like to make this card, these are the supplies you’ll need;
- Mango Melody Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” ; Score and fold at 4 1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4” (Cut 2)
- See a Silhouette Designer Series Paper – Cut 4” x 4” (for folded square), Cut 2” x 4” for card front) and Cut 3/4” x 4” (for card inside)
- Poppy Parade Cardstock – Cut 1 1/2” x 4”
- Mango Melody Cardstock – Scraps for 2” circle and butterfly
- Whisper White Cardstock – Scrap for 1 3/4” circle
- Ink: Poppy Parade and Memento Tuxedo Black
- Butterfly Gala Stamp Set (sentiment)
- Butterfly Punch
- Bone Folder
- SNAIL Adhesive and Liquid Multipurpose Glue
I hope you’ll try this fun fold! I love to see what you make, so please post a picture in the comment section below!
These are the products that I used to make this card. Click on any image (or the shopping link below) and you’ll be taken to my Stampin’ Up! Online Store for more details. While you are there, look around at all the other fun products that Stampin’ Up! has to offer – with the new 2019-2020 Annual catalog release in June….it’s the perfect time to check out the new products being offered!And don’t forget to use my July Host Code above when you place an order! If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! Just choose me as your demonstrator during check-out! I’d love to help you get started with making cards and paper crafting!
EXCITING NEWS! BONUS DAYS ARE HERE!
Earn in July – Spend in August!
During the month of July for every $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you purchase (before shipping & tax) you will receive a $5.00 Bonus Coupon that you can redeem August 1-31st! And….there is NO LIMIT to the number of coupons that you can earn….so shop all month long! Your bonus coupon codes will be emailed to you…so make your your email address in your order is correct!
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT BECOMING A STAMPIN’ UP DEMONSTRATOR?
NOW IS THE TIME TO JOIN!
This is such exciting news that it’s extra, extra special! During July and August you can join Stamp in’ UP! and get a great deal on Stampin’ Up! Products!! Pick $155.00 worth of products and pay only $99!! That’s $56 worth of free products! Plus you get FREE SHIPPING….which is another $15.50 savings! And it gets even better…you will also get a $10 Bonus Coupon to use on a future order that is good until October! Let me just add up the savings for you….you’ll save $81.50!!
AND THERE ARE OTHER BENEFITS TOO!
- 20% off all future orders (at least through the end of January 2020!)
- Get special previews of the new 2019 Holiday Catalog and you can order preorder items 1 month before the catalog goes “live”
- Attend OnStage (Stampin’ Up’s annual convention), other special events and meet other demonstrators and crafters just like you!
- There is no pressure, no obligation, and no commitment! You can make Stampin’ Up be whatever you want it to be. Join for the fun and the discount or make a little money….the choice is yours!
HAVE QUESTIONS?? CONTACT ME TODAY
LET’S START YOU ON YOUR CRAFTING JOURNEY!