This is my last post for my Red, White and Blue week! The Fourth of July is over but the the memories remain….A Movie Date with my husband, London Broil on the grill, watching the Boston Pops and the beauty of fireworks bursting in the air choreographed to Patriotic Music from New York City.
Speaking of memories, you might remember I did a Red, White and Blue card for Memorial Day, you can see that here when I made a Patriotic Thank You card. Today’s card is very similar…in fact just about the same design, but with a few slight differences.
In keeping with the Red, White and Blue them of the week, this card features three Ships’s Wheels that are cut from the SMOOTH SAILING DIES. The red and blue ship’s wheels are cut from Real Red and Night of Navy Cardstock. If you look closely, you’ll see that the middle White Ship’s Wheel is very glittery. This wheel is cut from White Glimmer Paper. It’s like Glitter Paper, but 1,000 times better as the Glimmer stays on the paper. It doesn’t come off on your hands,….or your trimmer when cutting. In other words, it’s the perfect paper to add a little shine to any card and it doesn’t make a glittery mess!
The bird “paper” on the top of the card is actually a piece of Whisper White Cardstock that was randomly stamped in Night of Navy ink using the bird image from the SAILING HOME STAMP SET. See the birds between the sailboat and the anchor below? And did you see the red rope die cut in the picture above? It’s snuggled right inbetween the “bird paper” and the Navy and White Striped paper from the COME SAIL AWAY DESIGNER SERIES PAPER. The SMOOTH SAILING DIES include several images that are not stamps like the long rope (along the side), the rope knot and the seaweed. So it’s like getting an extra bonus or items to add to your cards. And if you order the SAILING HOME BUNDLE (the stamp set and the coordinating dies, you SAVE 10%!!)
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Sailing Home Stamp Set
- Smooth Sailing Dies
- Ink: Real Red and Night of Navy
- SNAIL adhesive and Stampin’ Dimensionals (ships wheels & banner)
- Butterfly Gala (sentiment)
- Base: Real Red Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2 ” ; Score and fold at 4 1/4”
- 1st Layer: Night of Navy Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”
- 2nd Layer: Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper – Cut 3” x 3 3/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 1/2” x 2 3/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – ” and a piece cut 1/2” x 2 3/4”
- Real Red Cardstock – Scrap for rope, ships wheel, and banner – cut 3/4” x 3”
- Night of Navy Cardstock – Scrap for ships wheel
- Glimmer Paper (retired)- White – Scrap for ships wheel. If you don’t have Glimmer Paper, you could also use Whisper White Cardstock and then apply Wink of Stella for a Glimmer effect.
Hope you had a Happy Fourth!….and Happy Stamping!
EXCITING NEWS! BONUS DAYS ARE HERE!
Earn in July – Spend in August!
During the month of July for every $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you purchase (before shipping & tax) you will receive a $5.00 Bonus Coupon that you can redeem August 1-31st! And….there is NO LIMIT to the number of coupons that you can earn….so shop all month long! Your bonus coupon codes will be emailed to you…so make your your email address in your order is correct!
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT BECOMING A STAMPIN’ UP DEMONSTRATOR?
NOW IS THE TIME TO JOIN!
This is such exciting news that it’s extra, extra special! During July and August you can join Stamp in’ UP! and get a great deal on Stampin’ Up! Products!! Pick $155.00 worth of products and pay only $99!! That’s $56 worth of free products! Plus you get FREE SHIPPING….which is another $15.50 savings! And it gets even better…you will also get a $10 Bonus Coupon to use on a future order that is good until October! Let me just add up the savings for you….you’ll save $81.50!!
AND THERE ARE OTHER BENEFITS TOO!
- 20% off all future orders (at least through the end of January 2020!)
- Get special previews of the new 2019 Holiday Catalog and you can order preorder items 1 month before the catalog goes “live”
- Attend OnStage (Stampin’ Up’s annual convention), other special events and meet other demonstrators and crafters just like you!
- There is no pressure, no obligation, and no commitment! You can make Stampin’ Up be whatever you want it to be. Join for the fun and the discount or make a little money….the choice is yours!
HAVE QUESTIONS?? CONTACT ME TODAY
LET’S START YOU ON YOUR CRAFTING JOURNEY!
These are the products that I used to make this card. Click on any image (or the shopping link below) and you’ll be taken to my Stampin’ Up! Online Store for more details. While you are there, look around at all the other fun products that Stampin’ Up! has to offer – with the new 2019-2020 Annual catalog release in June….it’s the perfect time to check out the new products being offered!
And don’t forget to use my new July Host Code above when you place an order! If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! Just choose me as your demonstrator during check-out! I’d love to help you get started with making cards and papercrafting!