My husband loves lighthouses….and to tell the truth, so do I. If we are traveling and there is a lighthouse nearby, chances are we will stop and visit, climb up to the top and survey the scenery. Besides cardmaking, I also love to research my family’s genealogy. I had a relative who was a Head Lighthouse Keeper in St. Josephs, Michigan. He died in 1897 while attempting to rescue a ship that had put out a distress signal. It was during a storm in mid-December and the water was frigid cold. He survived the rescue, but died a few hours later from hypothermia. So maybe that sparked an interest in lighthouses for me too.
This card is made using the new SAILING HOMEStamp set and coordinating SMOOTH SAILING DIES paired with the COME SAIL AWAY DESIGNER SERIES PAPER. It’s a very nautical theme, so to me that is an almost automatic red, white & blue color palette…even though there is NO red in the Designer Series Paper.
I was going to make my lighthouse blue, but my husband scoffed at that. “You’ll never see a blue lighthouse” he says….”It would blend in with the water and the sky and ships wouldn’t be able to see it. So I stamped it Real Red.
I added some red & white twine by wrapping it around 3 times and then tying in a bow. I spread out the three strands and put a little snail adhesive on the back so the strands would stay in place.
The banner is actually 3 pieces. I cut three of the banners using the the SMOOTH SAILING DIES – one each from Real Red, Whisper White and Night of Navy Cardstock to give the banner a little more definition. I stamped the top white banner with the sentiment, then cut the edges of the banner off leaving just the center. I adhered it directly on top of the Real Red banner. I then attached the blue banner slightly offsetting it and attached the entire piece to the card front with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Sailing Home Stamp Set
- Smooth Sailing Dies (Banner)
- Ink: Real Red
- SNAIL adhesive and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Base: Real Red Cardstock – Cut 5 ½” x 8 ½” ; Score & Fold at 4 ¼”
- Ist Layer: Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper – Cut 5 ¼” x 4”
- 2nd Layer: Night of Navy Cardstock – Cut 2 ¼” x 4 ¼”
- 3rd Layer: Whisper White Cardstock – CUt 2” x 4”
- Banner: Scraps of Real Red & Night of Navy Cardstock
- Twine: Red & White (non SU brand) – Wrap around 3 times & tie in bow
- Whisper White Cardstock- Cut 5 ¼” x 4”
- Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper – Cut ½” x 4”
I hope you have a safe and fun Fourth of July! Happy Stamping!
EXCITING NEWS! BONUS DAYS ARE HERE!
Earn in July – Spend in August!
During the month of July for every $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you purchase (before shipping & tax) you will receive a $5.00 Bonus Coupon that you can redeem August 1-31st! And….there is NO LIMIT to the number of coupons that you can earn….so shop all month long! Your bonus coupon codes will be emailed to you…so make your your email address in your order is correct!
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT BECOMING A STAMPIN’ UP DEMONSTRATOR?
NOW IS THE TIME TO JOIN!
This is such exciting news that it’s extra, extra special! During July and August you can join Stamp in’ UP! and get a great deal on Stampin’ Up! Products!! Pick $155.00 worth of products and pay only $99!! That’s $56 worth of free products! Plus you get FREE SHIPPING….which is another $15.50 savings! And it gets even better…you will also get a $10 Bonus Coupon to use on a future order that is good until October! Let me just add up the savings for you….you’ll save $81.50!!
AND THERE ARE OTHER BENEFITS TOO!
- 20% off all future orders (at least through the end of January 2020!)
- Get special previews of the new 2019 Holiday Catalog and you can order preorder items 1 month before the catalog goes “live”
- Attend OnStage (Stampin’ Up’s annual convention), other special events and meet other demonstrators and crafters just like you!
- There is no pressure, no obligation, and no commitment! You can make Stampin’ Up be whatever you want it to be. Join for the fun and the discount or make a little money….the choice is yours!
CONTACT ME TODAY AND LET’S START YOU ON YOUR CRAFTING JOURNEY!
These are the products I used to make this card: