As promised earlier, this first week of July is Red, White & Blue week! It’s fitting since the Fourth of July is rapidly coming up, so what better time to have a few Patriotic looking cards? I’m getting ready later this month for a special class featuring the New Daisy Lane Suite (details below), so thought I’d show case a little bit to show you that Daisies are not just a spring flower.
And it’s not just a Patriotic card….it’s also a fun fold card too! The ribbon is keeping it all together, but untie it and this is what you get!
Isn’t that fun? It starts folded just any other card, but give it one more fold on the front piece of the card and you have something that’s like a present to open!
You can make this card for any occasion, Grab your favorite stamp – Happy Birthday, Congratulations, Thinking of You….and you’re all set! If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need.
- Daisy Punch (Large)
- Your Favorite Sentiment (I used Hello Cupcake Stamp Set (retired)
- ¾” Circle Punch
- Snail Adhesive & Tear ‘n Tape
- Base: Night of Navy Cardstock – Cut 8 ½” x 5 ½”; Score on the long side at 2 ⅛” and 4 ¼”. Fold in at the 4 ¼” score mark, then fold out at the 2 ⅛” score mark
- Panels: Cut 1 ⅞” x 5 ¼” (cut 2). – non SU paper
- Night of Navy Cardstock – Cut 2 ½” x 2 ½”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”
- Real Red Cardstock – scrap for Daisy
- Night of Navy Cardstock – Scrap for flower center
- Night of Navy Gingham Ribbon (retired) – Fold in half around card to determine length (about 18”). Attach the ribbon to back of front square to hold in place
- Night of Navy Cardstock – Cut 4 ½” x 3 ½” and a piece cut 2 1/2” x 2 1/2”
- Real Red Cardstock – Cut 4 ¼” x 3 ¼”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 2 ¼” x 2 ¼” (stamp sentiment)
The ribbon is attached to the middle of the back of the piece with the Daisy on it with Tear ‘n Tape. Since the bow will tied/untied, you need a stronger adhesive so the front of your card won’t come off. The Daisy panel is only attached on the left side. Easiest way to do this is to close the card up. Fold the ribbon in half around the card making the ends even. Place the Daisy panel on top so you can mark where to put the Tear ‘n Tape to attach the ribbon. Once You’ve attached the ribbon, put adhesive on the back of the left side (as it’s facing you) and then attach it to the base of the card.
I hope you will try out this fun fold! It’s like giving your cards a facelift when you do something a little different! You change the appearance, but it’s still a card.
EXCITING NEWS! BONUS DAYS ARE HERE!
BONUS DAYS START TODAY! During the month of July for every $50.00 in Stampin’ Up! products that you purchase (before shipping & tax) you will receive a $5.00 Bonus Coupon that you can redeem August 1-31st! And….there is no limit to the number of coupons that you can earn! Your bonus coupon codes will be emailed to you…so make your your email address in your order is correct!
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT BECOMING A STAMPIN’ UP DEMONSTRATOR? NOW IS THE TIME TO JOIN!
This is such exciting news that it’s extra, extra special! During July and August you can join Stampin’ UP! and get a great deal on Stampin’ Up! Products!! Pick $155.00 worth of products and pay only $99!! That’s $56 worth of free products! Plus FREE SHIPPING….which is another $15.50 savings! And it gets even better…you will also get a $10 Bonus Coupon to use on a future order that is good until October! Let me just add up the savings for you….you’ll save $81.50!! That is close to half price!
And there are other benefits as well!
- 20% off all future orders (at least through the end of January 2020!)
- You get special previews of the new Holiday and Occasions Catalog and you can order items 1 month before the catalog goes “live”
- You can attend OnStage events and meet other demonstrators and crafters just like you!
- There is no pressure, no obligation and no commitment! You can make Stampin’ Up be whatever you want it to be. Join for the fun and discount or make a little money….the choice is yours!
CONTACT ME TODAY AND LET’S START YOU ON YOUR CRAFTING JOURNEY!
These are the products that I used to make this card. Click on any image (or the shopping link below) and you’ll be taken to my Stampin’ Up! Online Store for more details. While you are there, look around at all the other fun products that Stampin’ Up! has to offer – with the new 2019-2020 Annual catalog release in June….it’s the perfect time to check out the new products being offered!
And don’t forget to use my new July Host Code when you place an order! If you don’t have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, I’d love to be yours! Just choose me as your demonstrator during check-out! I’d love to help you get started with making cards and papercrafting!
1 thought on “Patriotic Daisies”