I’ve only been sailing a few times in my lifetime, but I did think it was a grand adventure. A few months ago, I was in Key West, Florida for my daughter’s wedding. After all the festivities were over, my family made a little mini vacation out of the rest of the week. One of our fun things to do was to take a “Sip & Sail” Sunset Cruise. We were on a catamaran, not a sailboat, but the effect was the same. Watching the wind catch the sail of a gently breeze as the sun slowly went down. It was so relaxing.
I think this card is relaxing too. Blue is a calming color and the balmy blue ocean with the embossed waves is just the right touch for those two sailboats. I used the SAILING HOME STAMP SET along with the coordinating SMOOTH SAILING DIES. Did you know that if you purchase both of those products as a bundle that you save 10%? Who doesn’t love a sale! The dies also include an anchor, ship’s wheel, “hands” for the compass stamp, a lighthouse, seaweed and two banners for sentiments. Several of those dies, especially the two banners, can be used for lots of other cards too, which makes this a great set to own. I like it when I get double duty out of my products.
Do you see the long skinny die? I used that along with the “knot” die to make the rope border. Isn’t that a great detail? Here’s a little close up for you.
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Sailing Home Stamp Set
- Seaside Embossing Folder (retired), or use the new HIGH SEAS 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER (it hadn’t been released yet when I made my card)
- Smooth Sailing Dies
- Ink: Balmy Blue
- Snail Adhesive & Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Base: Whisper White Thick Cardstock – Cut 5 ½” x 8 ½” ; Score and fold at 4 ¼”
- 1st Layer: Balmy Blue Cardstock – cut 5 ¼” x 4”
- 2nd Layer: Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper – Cut 5” x 3 ¾” and a piece (inside) cut 1/4” x 5 1/4”
- 3rd Layer: Balmy Blue Cardstock – Cut 3 ¾” x 1 ¾” (embossed)
- Balmy Blue Cardstock – scraps for rope, knot & banner
- Whisper White Cardstock – scrap for banner & 3 boats, plus a piece 5 1/4” x 4” (inside)
Happy Stamping! And hope you Sail Away on an adventure soon!
P.S. Here are a few sunset pictures for you….
Below are the products I used in today’s project: If you click on an image it will take you right to my Online Stampin’ Up! Store where you can find more product information. Browse around while you’re there! If you do not have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, I would love to be yours! Simply choose me as your demonstrator when prompted during check-out. I’m happy to help you on your creative journey…so if you need help ordering, have questions about a product or how to use it, please let me know! I’d love to share my stamping knowledge with you!
Please use this HOST CODE: J4JGYFM3 when ordering if you are ordering less than $150 worth of products and I will send you a free gift as a Thank You from me! Do NOT use the host code when ordering if your order is $150 or MORE as you will earn your own Stampin’ Rewards (starting at $15!) that you can redeem for FREE products.