I love to sing. I’ve been singing in some kind of musical group most of my life, from elementary school to high school choruses, church choirs, community choirs and even a Christmas Caroling group where I dressed in Victorian costume. I think I got my musical gifts from my mother. She’s been a Sweet Adeline for almost 59 years….and at age 89, she’s the oldest member of the Scottsdale Sweet Adeline Chorus. Watch this video for a real treat. (Just giving a little shout out to my Mom….although she doesn’t have internet, so she’ll never see this!).
Anyway, when I see birds, I automatically think of them singing. And I saw a card where someone had put a sheet of music as a background paper with a different stamp set and thought, what a great idea!
The FREE AS A BIRD stamp set paired with the BIRD BALLAD DESIGNER SERIES PAPER is the perfect combination to use with a little musical background. Bird’s chirping in the trees is the music for the soul.
I have lots of music at home, but none that I was willing to tear up, so I found a piece of scrapbook paper at my local craft store and used that instead as it had the perfect tannish/brown background color….almost a match for Stampin’ Up’s Crumb Cake or Soft Suede colors. The birds were stamped on a piece of Pool Party Cardstock that I had stamped with the BIRCH stamp set for a background. And it really does look like Birch tree bark as I have several River Birch trees in my yard.
I then just used my Stampin’ Blends to give the birds and their branch a little more color. I might have gone overboard, but I also gave the birds a little WINK OF STELLA to brighten them up a bit.
Add a sentiment of your choice and your card is done!
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Free as a Bird Stamp Set
- Birch Stamp Set
- Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper
- Cardstock – Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Whisper White
- Ink: Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay
- Stampin’ Blends – Bermuda Bay, Mossy Meadow
- Wink of Stella
- Linen Thread
- Basic Pearls – Colored with Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blends – Dark
- Adhesive: Snail Adhesive & Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Base: Bermuda Bay Cardstock – Cut 5 ½” x 8 ½” ; Score & fold at 4 ¼”
- 1st Layer: Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper – Cut 5 ¼” x 4”
- 2nd Layer: Song Sheet (non-SU, Michael’s)
- 3rd Layer: Coastal Cabana Cardstock stamped with Birch background
- 4th Layer: Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 2 ¼” x ⅞” (notch ends)
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 ¼” x 4”
- Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper – Cut ¾” x 4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Scrap for stamped image, fussy cut
Hope you have a song in your heart today! Happy Stamping!
These are the products I used in my card today. If you click on an image it will take you right to my Online Stampin’ Up! Store where you can get more product information. Browse around while you’re there! If you do not have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, I would love to be yours! Simply choose me as your demonstrator when prompted during check-out. I’m happy to help you on your creative journey…so if you need help ordering, have questions about a product or how to use it, please let me know! I’d love to share my stamping knowledge with you!