I love fun cards. They just seem so much more cheerful to put into the mail. And these cows in the OVER THE MOON stamp set, fit the bill.
I have to give credit to Corinne Oosterhoff, a fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Denmark. She shared a card on a Facebook page for Stampin’ Up Demonstrators and it got such a great response, that she made a video showing how she stamped the cows. You can see her card HERE on her website and you can watch the video she made HERE.
Let me take a minute and show you these cute little cows……and the “udderly fantastic” sayings that go with them!
I made mine a little different than Corinne’s….I wanted more of the cow showing and I covered the entire piece of my Whisper White paper. You’ll need lots of post it notes….and a good pair of scissors. Stampin’ Up’s PAPER SNIPS are the best! The blades are thinner and sharper than most small scissors and they make fussy cutting a breeze! You’ll be happy you have them as you’ll need to cut out more than one of each cow design.
You can see from the picture above that they are covered with stamping lines. For stamping the entire piece I started at the bottom and stamped partly off the paper. After each cow I stamped, I covered it with a precut post-it note. As I got higher up, I reused the post it notes from the bottom moving them around as needed. Do not throw your post it note cut-outs away, keep them to reuse for other cards!
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Over the Moon Stamp Set
- Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Bermuda Bay
- Stampin’ Blends (Light & Dark): Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate, Old Olive, Petal Pink
- Nature’s Twine (Crumb Cake)
- Adhesives: Snail Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue dots
- Post it Notes!
- Crumb Cake Cardstock – Cut 4 ¼” x 11”’; Score and fold at 5 ½”
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock – Cut 5 ¼” x 4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 ¼” x 4” (cut to 5” x 3 ¾” after stamping)
- Sentiment: Crumb Cake Cardstock – Cut 2 ⅜” x ⅞”, Bermuda Bay Cardstock – Cut 2 ¼” x ¾” and Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 2” x ½”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 ¼” x 4”
- Use one of the strips cut from trimming the stamped cardstock along the bottom). I’m all about using my scraps!
I hope you’ll try this fun card! I think I’m going to make some more!!
I took a Cultural History Tour in Seoul last week and just wanted to show you this ceramic cow that I found in a little shop in Insadong…shopping was part of the tour! I just had to buy it….
Have you looked at Stampin’ Up!’s new 2019-2020 Annual Catalog yet? So much fun is packed into those pages. Want to know my favorites so far??? You might have guessed a few because I’d posted cards for them…but here are my top 5 favorite new stamp sets…..OK, make that 6….but I could easily keep adding more!
These are the supplies that I used to make this card. If you click on an image it will take you right to my Online Stampin’ Up! Store where you can get more product information. Browse around while you’re there! If you do not have a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator, I would love to be yours! Simply choose me as your demonstrator when prompted during check-out. I’m happy to help you on your creative journey…so if you need help ordering, have questions about a product or how to use it, please let me know! I’d love to share my stamping knowledge with you!
1 thought on “I’m Over the Moon About These Cows!”