…..comes bob, bob bobbin’ along. Now that you have that song in your head…..I’m back again today sharing another card with birds….red birds to be exact. I thought it would be fun to find some pictures of red baby birds. So of course, I turned to Google….because you know if you don’t know an answer….ask Google. Turns out almost all the images of red birds are cardinals! Where are the robins?? Well, they aren’t all red….just red breasted, so I kept looking and finally found these. And just a hint….don’t put ”Red Robins” in your search field unless you want to see lots of pictures of hamburgers!”
Do you think they look like the birds on my card? Although mine are actually colored with a Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends marker.
Well, obviously I needed another opinion because my daughter’s dog, Lane, decided to photobomb my picture. Obviously she needed a close up inspection!
I like the bright colors in this card. The striped paper is part of the BIRD BALLAD DESIGNER SERIES PAPER that coordinates with the FREE AS A BIRD STAMP SET. See it right there in the middle? Each paper is double sided…the front side is some kind of bird pattern and the back side are coordinating patterns. It’s like getting twice as much for your money.
I think I could spend hours stamping these cute little birds. Well, I have done just that. But I can see that I need to go back and color in their little beaks! Haha…it’s amazing what you see in a picture that your don’t notice when you’re creating! And don’t worry, it’s OK to stamp off the edge of your card. If you look at the image on the stamp set (above), you’ll see that there are actually more birds on that branch. I just chose the part I wanted to use.
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Free as a Bird Stamp Set
- Nested Stitched Labels
- Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper
- Cardstock: Whisper White Thick, Calypso Coral and Whisper White
- Ink: Memento Black and Calypso Coral
- Stampin’ Blends: Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Mossy Meadow
- Embellishment: Basic Pearls (colored with Stampin’ Blends), ¼” Satin Calypso Coral Ribbon
- Snail Adhesive and Glue Dots
- Base: Whisper White Thick Cardstock – Cut 5 ½” x 8 ½” ; Score & fold at 4 ¼”
- 1st Layer:Calypso Coral Cardstock – Cut 5 ¼” x 4”
- Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper: Cut 5” x 3 ¾”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut with largest Nested Stitched Label die
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 ¼” x 4”
- Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper – Cut ¾” x 4”
What color are you going to make your birds? Red? Blue? Yellow? Purple?
These are the products I used for today’s card. If you would like more information or would like to purchase any of these products, just click on the image and you’ll be taken to my Online Stampin’ Up! Store!