When you’ve used up just about all of your Designer Series Paper…what do you do with the little pieces? What about all those little pieces of leftover ribbon? Or left over cardstock? Do you throw them away? I keep them…all of them…..all sizes, all shapes, big pieces, little pieces, skinny pieces….
Because if you save them all, you can look at your pile and then pull out pieces and you can make this!
I like scraps. All colors, all sizes, all kinds. I’m a scrap hoarder. I do try to keep my scrap hoarding under control. I even neatly store my scraps. Every color of cardstock or Designer Series Paper has their own sheet protector where I put all my scraps and I try to use those first before cutting into a new piece.
It’s not fancy, but I think it’s still pretty. And it’s so simple to make because there is more glueing of pieces that there is stamping. In fact the only thing stamped is the sentiment.
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Butterfly Gala Stamp Set (for sentiment)
- Basic Black Cardstock – Cut 4 1/4” x 11” ; Score at 5 1/2”
- Botananical Butterflies Designer Series Paper (retired Sale-A Bration) – Black Plaid – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”, plus a piece 1/4” x 4” (for inside) AND Polka Dot – Cut 5 1/4” x 1”, plus a piece 1/2” x 4” AND Butterfly – Cut 5 1/4” x 2” AND Diagonal Stripe – Cut 3” x 1 1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 2 7/8” x 1” 3/8” , Plus a piece 5 1/4” x 4” (for inside)
- Snail Adhesive
- Ribbon (I used Grapefruit Grove Organza (retired from Sale-A-Bration)
So if you have scraps, I’m encouraging you today to get them out and see what you can create!
Product List – These are the products that I used to create my card. Some of them are now retired….but I used scraps, so just use what you have! If you don’t have any scraps….yet….head on over to my online Stampin’ Up! Store and place an order today so you can get stamping and creating! You can click on any of the items below or click on the the Let’s Go Shopping button below. Thank you for choosing me to be your demonstrator and please use the Host Code below (write it down and then enter it in when prompted during check-out!)