Giraffes are the tallest mammals in the world…anywhere from 15-20 feet tall. So of course if you were taking a close up pictures of their heads, you would’nt see any of their bodies….just like my card!
And don’t those cute little giraffes look like they are in a photo? That would be creative use of the the Rectangle Stitched Framelits. I used the 3rd and 4th smallest rectangles to make the “frame” for this card.
All you need to make the “frame” is choose two sizes of the Framelits and put one inside the other and run it through your Big Shot. The closer in size of the Framelits, the skinnier your cut out “frame” will be.
One pass through and TA-DA! A frame! And as a bonus you’re left with a several pieces that you can use on another card too…another frame that you can cut down if you want and a stitched rectangle.
Here’s a little close-up of the frame and of course the giraffes too.
The giraffes are from the Animal Outing set that is in the 2019 Annual Catalog. You can purchase the stamp set as a bundle with the matching Animal Friends Framelit dies. You can save 10% by buying them together and save yourself some time because you won’t have to “fussy cut” out the giraffes.
A little coloring with Stampin’ Blends Markers and you’re all ready to assemble your card. If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Animal Outing Stamp Set
- Animal Friends Framelits Dies
- Rectangle Stitched Framelit Dies (or you can cut your own rectangles)
- Pretty Label Punch
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” ; Score at 4 1/4”, and a piece 5 1/4” x 4” (to be embossed)
- Layered Leaves Embossing Folder (Note: the embossing folder pictured is a Non-SU product – Sizzix Die called Country Foliage)
- Crumb Cake Cardstock – Cut with Rectangle Stitched Framelits (approx 3 1/2” Do 2 1/4”), plus a scrap for the Sentiment backing)
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 3 1/2” x 2 1/8”, plus a piece 5 1/4” x 4” (inside card), plus a scrap for the sentiment
- Stampin’ Blends Markers – Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake
- Ink: Crumb Cake
- Ribbon – Daffodil Delight Grosgrain
- Stampin Dimensionals
- Snail Adhesive, Liquid Adhesive Glue, Glue Dots and Tear n’ Tape
Can you believe that I forgot to put something decorative on the inside of the card? I think I’ll have to put something there before this card goes in the mail!
What do you think I should put there? A giraffe? A bunch of leaves? A strip of cardstock?
Product List – These are the products I used in my card. If you need any of these supplies, you can click on what you need and it will take you directly to my online Stampin’ Up store. I would love to be your Stampin’ Up Demonstrator and help you in your crafting journey! Please contact me if you have any questions!