I can’t remember the last time I made Valentines….probably when I was in elementary school which is……um….lots of years ago! I’m sure I helped my two daughters make them when they were small…but that was also…not as quite as many years ago. But I’ve been busy making them this year!
I almost didn’t buy this stamp set called Hey, Love, but I’m glad I did, because like the card says, the images in it are “stinkin’ sweet” and cute! I actually like the “fun” valentines better than the traditional ones with hearts and flowers and lace and everything pretty. My husband knows that too. Every time he buys me a card he always buys me two cards – one “serious” one and one “funny” one. But it’s the funny ones that he picks out that are always my favorite.
Here is a look at all the images in the Hey, Love stamp set.
So give this card a try and stay tuned as I”be got more of these fun little creatures to share before Valentine’s Day!
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Hey, Love Stamp Set
- Meant To Be Stamp Set (inside heart)
- Stitched Circles Framelits
- Layering Circles Framelits
- Real Red Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” ; scored at 4 1/4”, plus scrap for heart
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4” (inside) , plus scraps for 2 circles
- Basic Black Cardstock – scraps for 2 scalloped circles
- Tutti Frutti 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper (Retired) – Cut 5 1/4” x 4” and a coordinating piece Cut 2” x 4”, plus a strip cut 1/2” x 4” (inside)
- Red Organza Ribbon (Not SU – Celebrate It from Michael’s)
- Note: Although I used some retired Stampin’ Up products….I’m trying to use up my stash of paper, there are current Stampin’ Up products that you can use: Here are the substitutes:
- Red Ribbon: 3/8” Real Red Cotton Ribbon (#146925)
- Tutti Frutti DSP: Botanical Butterflies (Black & White Checked) – #149622 (Sale-A-Bration item)
- Snail Adhesive, Mini Glue dots and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
DO YOU WANT FREE STAMPIN’ UP PRODUCTS? ? If you join during Sale-A-Bration (January 3-March 31, 2019) you can get even MORE products for FREE! There are two Starter Kits being offered during this time:
- OPTION #1 – Pay $99.00 and receive your choice of $175.00 of products (that’s is $76 dollars worth of FREE products. Plus it will ship for FREE….saving you another 10%!
- OPTION B – Pay $129 and receive your choice of $175.00 of products and free shipping, PLUS you’ll receive a beautiful Craft and Carry Tote (valued at $50.00). You save $20 on the cost of the tote….plus get $76 worth of free products!
Plus there are lots of their perks and benefits of joining. You can read all about it HERE.