Grab some watercolor paper, an Aqua Painter and an ink pad and you are ready to create something fabulous! Well, OK, you will also need to have a few extra heart pieces that are leftover from making other cards. You have been making cards, right?? If you’ve been making Valentine cards for several days like I have, then you have plenty of leftover pieces. These came from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies.
To make the “splotchy” background, all i did was dip my Aqua Painter into a spot of ink that I created by giving my ink pad a squeeze before I opened it to creat a little splotch. Or if you want an easy alternative, just lay your clean stamping block onto your ink pad, give it a little press and then carefully turn it over. Just dip your Aqua Painter into the ink on the block and your ready.
I dipped my Aqua Painter in the ink, swirled it around and the gave my Aquapainter a and then randomly spread it around on my piece of watercolor paper. To help the ink spread, I gave my Aqua Painter a little squeeze to make the brush a little wetter. Just repeat the process until you get the look you like. Let it dry and then you’re ready to adhere your heart cut outs and stamp on a sentiment. Easy-peasy.
This is what you’ll need to make your fabulous creation!
- Flirty Flamingo Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”’; Score at 4 1/4”
- Watercolor cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”
- Very Vanilla Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4” (inside of card)
- Flirty Flamingo Ink
- Aqua Painter
- Snail Adhesive and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Sentiment: Use your favorite valentine saying. Mine came from the 2018 Sale-A-Bration stamp set Party Pandas. The second card (below) the sentiment came from the Meant to Be Stamp Set in the 2019 Occasons catalog.
This was the first card I made, but I wasn’t happy with my background (Melon Mambo ink).
You know the saying….if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. So I tried again and made another card. Which one do you like better?
Ready to make your own Valentines? You can order all the supplies you’ll need to begin your creative journey from my online Stampin’ Up! store by clicking on the link below. Stamp sets, cardstock, inks, Designer Series Papers, ribbons, embellishments, Stampin’ Blends markers, adhesives, Framelits And Thinlits…plus all the tools to make your creating time easy…trimmers, embossing heat tools and powders, embossing folders, brush, markers, acrylic blocks and more! I’d appreciate your business…..so please choose me as your demonstrator and enter the host code when prompted. Have questions? Please ask! I’ll be glad to help you select the products that you’ll need to complete your projects.
And if you’d like to save some money while you shop, why not join as a Demonstrator? Check out the two special starter kits that are being offered now….and up until March 31st!
- OPTION #1 – Pay $99.00 and receive your choice of $175.00 of products (that’s is $76 dollars worth of FREE products. Plus it will ship for FREE….saving you another 10%!
- OPTION B – Pay $129 and receive your choice of $175.00 of products and free shipping, PLUS you’ll receive a beautiful Craft and Carry Tote (valued at $50.00). You save $20 on the cost of the tote….plus get $76 worth of free products!
Plus there are lots of their perks and benefits of joining. You can read all about it HERE.
Would you like FREE Stampin’ Up! Products? During Sale-A-Bration which runs through March 31st, for every $50 you spend on Stampin’ Up Products, you can choose from a variety of stamp sets, embellishments, paper and even a set of Framelits and a card kit! All these can be found in the 2019 Sale-A-Bration Catalog. Go shopping and then choose your favorite FREE item! And there will be new FREE products coming on February 15th!