- Gift bags are great for those who don’t know how to wrap presents. I am NOT one of those people….I can wrap presents like a pro and it takes a professional “un-wrapper” to get them open. Ask my daughters. They can always tell when I’ve wrapped something or if their Dad has had his turn. When their Dad wraps it’s a quick rip and the gift is open. When I wrap it’s “Go get the scissors, I can’t get the ribbon off”.
Lately I’ve been practicing my gift bag skills….making them that is. And I found a great way to wrap up a few tiny treats…and that is with these teeny tiny gift bags.
They are only 2” x 2”….but they’d be perfect for your Christmas table. Put a few little treats for your family or guests….maybe some chocolates or mints? And if you fold in the sides and pinch together, you can make a little crease to make it look like a tiny shopping bag.
You can even put a little Velcro dot on the top of the inside and you’d have a cute little purse. Kind of like this….
These bags are not my design….I got the directions as part of Tami White’s 13 days of Christmas. although I made a teeny tiny change. These are super simple to make and the supply list is super short too!:
This is what you’ll need:
- 6” x 6” piece of double sided Designer Series Paper
- Tear ‘n Tape (or Tombow Multipurpose Glue)
- Your choice of embellishments for the front
And here are the basic directions:
- Cut a 6″ x 6″ piece of two sided Designer Series Paper
- Cut two 1/4″ strips off on one side (you will now have a 5 1/2″ x 6″ piece of paper)
- On the long side (6″) Score at 2″ and 4″
- On the shorter side (5 1/2″) Score at 2″ and 3 1/2″
- Cut on the vertical 2″ and 4″ score lines up to the horizontal score lines on both sides.
- Fold in the middle flaps and then cut 1/4″ off the flaps on either side
- Put Tear ‘n Tape on the outside edge of the flaps on the left. Fold up the outer sides to form a “box” in the middle.
- on the two opposite sides, put two pieces of Tear ‘n Tape on each flap. This will hold the handle. Take the 1/4″ strips that you saved earlier and bend them in a semi Circle. Place the ends on the Tear ‘n Tape and then fold up the side.
- Using an 8″ piece of ribbon, put Tear ‘n Tape on the ribbon and starting in the middle of the bag adhere ribbon to the top of the bag. Add a bow where the two ends of the ribbon meet on the bag.
Ta-Da! You’re done!
Make sure you save the directions for these bags….as they would be great anytime of year….not just Christmas. Chocolates for Valentine’s Day. Jelly Beans for Easter. A teabag for Mother’s Day. The possibilities are endless!
Happy Stamping! (Or rather Happy Bag Making!)
Need Supplies? Click on the image below (or the shopping card image in the sidebar) and it will take you directly to my Stampin’ Up! shopping site. If you don’t already have a demonstrator….I would love to be yours! Just choose me as your demonstrator when checking out. If your order is less than $150, please use the HOST CODE (SWEDPGDF) and I will send you a small thank you gift for ordering with me. If your order is more than $150….DO NOT use the Host Code as you will receive your own Stampin’ Rewards with your order.