I currently live in Virginia..,not in the mountains in the southwestern part of the state, but close to the coast…just a few miles from the beach, so we don’t get much snow. I’m one of the few who actually WANT it to snow, but sadly it just doesn’t happen much here. So I live out my obsession with snowmen in other ways…like in this card.
This card is super easy….the image isn’t a stamp (which I would buy in a heartbeat if it was), but just a piece I cut from the Santa’s workshop Designer Series Paper that just happens to have snowmen on it.
Don’t let the bad lighting of this picture fool you…it is bright white…like new falling snow in real life. I love this image as it’s a simple gift being offered up by a small child (or elf) to a snow-friend. And did you notice that this paper is flocked too? Don’t you just want to rub that little snowflake or the brim of the hat?
And I just love this background too…the snow falling is one of Stampin’ Up!’s embossing folders called Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Whew…that’s a mouthful!
The beauty of this is that if you place it like I did…it looks like a pile of snow has fallen and some is still “Softly Falling”. But if you turned it upside down…it would be the start of a blizzard! It’s also 6″ x 6″, which means you can also use this for cards that are turned the other direction (5 1/2″W x 4 1/2″H). I think I’ll be using this a lot this winter!
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Signs of Santa Stamp Set
- Santa’s Signpost Framelit Dies
- Pool Party Cardstock – Cut 4 ¼” x 11” ; Score at 5 ½”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 ¼” x 4” – Emboss with Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Pool Party Cardstock – cut ¼” x 4” (inside card), scrap for Scalloped Circle (3”) & gift die cut
- Santa’s Workshop Designer Series Paper – 2 ¾” Circle (cut direct from DSP)
- Whisper White Cardstock – Oval for sentiment, scrap for present die cut
- Ribbon – White Satin Ribbon – colored with Pool Party Stampin’ Blend
- Ink: Pool Party
- Stampin’ Blends: Pool Party (Light & Dark) – for presents
- Layering Circles Framelits Dies
- Layering Ovals Framelit Dies
- Glue Dots and Snail Adhesive
- Sentiment – Outside: Half Full Stamp Set; Inside: Feathers & Frost Stamp Set
NEED SUPPLIES? Make your list or jump online to my Stampin’ Up Store by clicking on the image below. Not sure what you need to get started? Contact me and I’d be glad to help you choose the items that will be perfect for your next project! If you’re ready to shop, just click on the image below and go shopping! And don’t forget to choose me as your demonstrator and use the October Host Code: VSCVPR9H. I appreciate your business!