It’s another Mix-It-Up Monday. Don’t know what that is? It’s when I take an OLD (retired) Stampin’ Up Product and mix it up with a NEW (in the current catalog) product. Let’s face it – we spend money on buying things we love so why should we put them away when they aren’t current anymore? This week it’s all about embossing….it can take your “plain Jane” card and give it a little “oomph” to make it a “WOW” card. Today I used the Basket Weave Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (NEW) (phew…that’s a mouthful). I paired it with the Blossoming Baset Stamp Set (OLD). These were actually both part of the “Spring Sale-a-brat ion”, but Stampin’ Up retired the stamp set in May, but kept the embossing folder as part of the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog.
Here you can see the beautiful woven look a little better. Looks like a real basket, doesn’t it?
I chose the Blossoming basket set (OLD) because I’m a little obsessed with coloring right now and went searching through all my stamp sets to see which ones I could color! The Stampin’ Blends are just perfect with this stamp set. In the card above I used Poppy Parade and Shaded Spruce (NEW).
It makes it a more Christmas-sy than these this cards which I also made. The beautiful purples are done in Highland Heather (NEW) and Old Olive (OLD).
Or this one which is is more fall looking…and was done in Rich Razzleberry (OLD), Old Olive (OLD) and Cajun Craze (NEW). And since it’s all about embossing today, for this card I used two layers! If one is good….two is better!
A quick tip about using embossed paper — when you are adhering it other cardstock use Multipurpose Glue. Due to the back side not being flat and smooth, the glue works better on the uneven surface than the snail adhesive. Tear ‘n Tape also will stick better, but the glue is easier….just a thin coat as you don’t want it smooshing out the sides when you are adhereing!
If you’d like to make this card, this is what you’ll need:
- Blossoming Basket Stamp Set (or any flower stamps)
- Basket Weave Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies
- Layering Ovals Framelits Dies
- Base Card: Poppy Parade/Gorgeous Grape/Whisper White Thick Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”; Score at 4 1/4” and a piece cut 3 1/2” x 3 1/2”, plus a scrap for the scalloped oval
- Ist Layer: Crumb Cake/Whisper White/Cajun Craze Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 3 3/8” x 3 3/8” plus a scrap for the stitched oval (for flowers & sentiment). For the third card, the flower basket was fussy cut and the white embossed piece is 3 1/2” x 4 1/4”. Also cut 2 pieces 5 1/4” X 4” for the inside
- Base for flowers/sentiment: Poppy Parade/Highland Heather Cardstock – Cut 3 1/2” x 3 1/2”, plus scrap for scalloped oval
- Ink – Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze and Gorgeous Grape
- Stampin’ Blends Markers – Poppy Parade, Shaded Spruce, Highland Heather, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry and Cajun Craze.
- Twine or ribbon of your choice
- Multipurpose Glue
- Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (for embossing!)
Need supplies? There are 25 different embossing folders in the current catalog! Everything from the Basket Weave to stars, ruffles, polka dots, petals and leaves, stripes, and even one that looks like a cable knit sweater! Check it out! Click on the link below and you’ll go right to my online shopping portal where you can find all the embossing folders and other supplies for making your own cards! Need help choosing or deciding what to buy? Just contact me and I’ll be more than happy to help. (And don’t forget to use the Host Code when checking out!) Thank you for shopping with me!
TIME IS RUNNING OUT! Only 5 more days to redeem your BONUS CODES! The deadline for redeeming bonus codes that were earned in August is September 30th! If you aren’t ordering now….don’t delay too long as the bonus coupons area only good for 9 more days! If you need help using your coupon, please let me know, I’ll be happy to help you! (Hint: There are lots of new items in the Clearance Rack, but they are going fast!)
Christmas is coming and it will be here faster than you think! If you send out Christmas cards, now is the time to checkout all the new stamps, designer series paper and other fun elements and goodies to make your card one that will put the store bought ones to shame! If you don’t have the new Holiday catalog yet, I’ll be glad to send one out to you….just click on the catalog below to fill out your request.