What do you do with Itty Bitty Pieces that are left over when you are making a card? Do you throw them away? Use them for confetti? Earlier this week I posted several cards using the Quilt Builder’s Framelits. You can read about my card quilting adventures HERE. I included this picture at the end of my post:
Yes, those are itty bitty pieces that were left over from making three cards. In fact I found a few more pieces when I was cleaning off my workspace. Little pieces travel when you’re not looking….like getting stuck on the bottom of my paper cutter or on the floor in another room. I did not throw them away. I like to use as much of my paper as I can. So I sat down and made four more cards:
I used the “frame” pieces and taped it down on top of a piece of 3” x 3” Whisper White Cardstock with washi tape. Then I put a little bit of Multipurpose glue in each of the “holes” and starting filling it in.
It’s like fitting in the pieces to a puzzle. When I was finished, I carefully removed the frame….so now I had “white space” between my pieces. I also experimented by using a different colored “frame”. But then I decided it looked pretty good without it too! I just covered up the white middle spot by placing a little button tied with linen thread there. Those buttons are kind of cute, don’t you think?
So four more card and I still have pieces left over! I think they multiplied when I wasn’t looking. Kind of like that big salad you order at a restaurant and you eat and eat and eat and when you’re finished….you’re plate is still full.
If you’d like to make these cards, the first thing you’re going to have to do is make the cards I made in my Quilted Card post so you can have all the leftovers. Here are a few general cutting instructions for the other parts of these cards:
- Base cards are 4 /14” x 11”; scored at 5 1/2”. OR 5 1/2’ x 8 1/2”; Scored at 4 1/4”
- Ist Layer: Coordinating Cardstock – Cut 4” x 5 1/4”
- 2ne Layer: Designer Series Paper – Cut 3 3/4” x 5”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 3” x 3” (Background Cardstock – Cut 3 1/4” x 3 1/4”)
- Small buttons with Linen Thread or twine threaded through the holes, tied in a bow and then adhered with glue dots
- Add ribbon, or other embellishments.
- Banners – Whisper White 1/2” and background cardstock is 3/4” – cut to any length you’d like. You can notch the ends too with the Triple Banner Punch.
- Choose your favorite sentiment. I made these as Christmas cards, but they’d also be great with just a “Hello” or Thinking of You” sentiment. I think the blue and red one would be cute as a Fourth of July card!
So my advice is….don’t throw out your extra pieces….put them to good use. I got four more cards out of those pieces and I still have enough leftover to make one or two more.
Need supplies? Click on the link below and you’ll go right to my online shopping portal where you can purchase all of the supplies for making your own cards! Need help choosing or deciding what to buy? Just contact me and I’ll be more than happy to help. (And don’t forget to use the Host Code when checking out!) Thank you for shopping with me!
ONLY 9 more days to redeem your BONUS CODES! The deadline for redeeming bonus codes that were earned in August is September 30th! If you aren’t ordering now….don’t delay too long as the bonus coupons area only good for 9 more days! If you need help using your coupon, please let me know, I’ll be happy to help you! (Hint: There are lots of new items in the Clearance Rack! Check it out!)
Christmas is coming and it will be here faster than you think! If you send out Christmas cards, now is the time to checkout all the new stamps, designer series paper and other fun elements and goodies to make your card one that will put the store bought ones to shame! If you don’t have the new catalog yet, I’ll be glad to send one out to you….just click on the catalog below to fill out your request.