I’m back and it’s a Lemon Zesty-y Day! I just can’t get enough of this stamp set. Maybe it’s because the weather has finally turned to a little bit of summer after a few weeks of rainy, wet, and not so warm days. And summer means it’s Lemonade time! But I actually love all things lemon…..lemon cake, lemon candy, lemon cookies, lemon meringue pie….all kinds of lemon-y deliciousness! And don’t forget lemon cards too! This card is great to send to anyone who just needs a reminder to live life to the fullest…try something new….add a little zest to your life!
I CAS’d this card (CAS = Copy and Share) from a picture I found searching the internet….several pictures in fact, so I’m not sure who was the original designer of this card, but I loved it so much that I wanted to share it. It just seems so sunny and bright!
This card is made with the Lemon Zest stamp set and Lemon Builder Punch. Until May 31st you can purchase both of these products as a bundle as save 10%! Who doesn’t like to save money! They will both be in the new catalog that is coming out on June 1st, so you’ll still be able to purchase these, but not at the bundle pricing.
If you want to send a friend a zesty greeting, here is what you’ll need:
Stamp Set: Lemon Zest
Cardstock: Whisper White and Lemon Lime Twist
Paper: Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper (Lemon Lime Twist)
Ink Pads: Basic Black and Daffodil Delight, and Lemon Lime Twist
Ribbon: 1/2″ Lemon Lime Twist Finely Woven Ribbon
Tools: Lemon Builder Punch
Other: Stampin’ Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Tear ‘n Tape (to adhere the ribbon), glue dots
Base Card: Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock, cut 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
Whisper White Cardstock – cut two pieces 4″ x 5 1/4″ (one for the outside of the card, the other for the inside).
Fresh Florals DSP – cut 2″ x 5 1/4″
1. Randomly stamp lemon slices across the top of the Whisper white cardstock using Daffodil Delight ink.
2. Adhere the Fresh Florals DSP (Lemon Lime Twist) to the bottom of the Whisper White Cardstock.
3. Adhere a piece of ribbon around the piece placing it over where the two papers meet . I use a piece of ribbon slightly longer than the card width — about 6″ and use the tear and tape to attach it to the card front and then wrap the ends around to the back.
4. Attach the layers to the card base with Snail adhesive.
5. Stamp two lemons on scraps of Whisper White Cardstock with Daffodil Delight ink. Stamp four leaves on scraps of Whisper White Cardstock in Lemon Lime Twist. Use the Lemon Builder Punch to punch out the lemons and leaves. (Or you can “fussy cut” them out if you don’t have the punch). Stamp the lemons with the sentiment.
6. Attach the leaves to the back of the lemons with glue dots. Add the lemons to the card from using stamping dimensionals. Make a bow with the Lemon Lime Twist ribbon and attach with a glue dot.
7. If you’d like to make the inside of the card more fun….go ahead and stamp a lemon slice in the lower right corner.
Hope you have a “zesty” day!
If you need any supplies to make your cards….click on the link below.