Halloween is just a few days away and it’s time to get those treats ready to give out to ghosts, goblins and whoever shows up at your front door! I also like to give treats to special people in my life so they get an extra special treat and of course a cute box to put it in!
This sassy little witch is stamped from the Best Witches Stamp Set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with Stampin’ Blends Markers in traditional Halloween Colors of Basic Black (hat & cape) and Pumpkin Pie (dress) with a little Parakeet Party thrown in for her hat buckle. I also used Crumb Cake (hair & broom) and Petal Pink (face & hands).
I stuck with my Halloween colors for the paper too, picking two of the patterns from the Black and White Designs Designer Series Papers. There are lots of patterns to pick from – polka dots, stars, stripes, chevron stripes, and what I call a “jester” pattern (diamonds) because it makes me think of a court jesters hat.
I chose to use the chevron strips and used one pattern for the box lid and one for the box base. This box is all one piece with the flap folding down and being secured by a velcro dot.
The finished size of the box is 3 5/8″ (H) x 3″ (W) x 3/4″ (D). You can put lots of different treats inside like snack size M&M’s, fun fruits, Hershey Bars, etc, but I specifically made this box to fit a Russell Stovers Marshmallow Pumpkin that I found at my local commissary. I know you can also find these at several of the big chain drug stores too.
You can also make this box without an outside flap, and just tuck the flap inside the box. That leaves more room for stamping on the front and you can actually get the entire sassy witch on the front!
I dressed her up a bit with a cute gingham bow and I fussy cut around the letters of the sentiment that I stamped on a piece of Pumpkin Pie Cardstock. I also added a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the front of each of my boxes. Did you know that you can color these? Yes, you can!…with the Stampin’ Blends markers! Those markers are alcohol based, so the color adheres and dries very quickly. (Do NOT use the Stampin’ Write Markers to color your rhinestones as those markers are water based and the color will just rub right off!).
Here are the two boxes side by side. Which is your favorite?
If you’d like to make these boxes, these are the supplies you’ll need: (for box with flap)
- Best Witches Stamp Set
- Stylish Shapes Dies
- Layering Circles Dies
- Very Best Trio Punch
- Pumpkin Pie Cardstock – Cut 10 1/2” x 4 1/2” (Score on the LONG side at 3 5/8″, 4 3/8″, 8 and 8 3/4″. Score on the SHORT side at 3/4″ and 3 3/4 (or 3/4″ on each side) plus a scrap for scalloped Circle (2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″) and a scrap for the sentiment
- Black & White Designs Designer Series Paper – Pattern #1 for Box bottom – Cut 2 3/4″ x 3 3/8″ and Pattern #2 – Cut 2 3/4″ x 1 1/2″
- Basic White Cardstock – scrap for 2 1/4″ Circle
- 5/8″ Thin Velcro Dots (non- SU, can buy on Amazon)
- Ink – Memento Tuxedo Black
- Stampin’ Blends – Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Parakeet Party, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Petal Pink
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels
- Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid Glue or Stampin’ Seal. Tear & Tape, Dimensionals
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Simply Scored, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
This diagram (not to scale) will help with how to cut the cardstock after you have scored it.
Watch this video to see how to fold and put this box together. Then hurry and gather your supplies because you only have 3 days to get these made so you can hand them out on Halloween!
NOVEMBER PAPER PUMPKIN: FROM THE NORTH POLE
November’s Festive Paper Pumpkin kit is a one of a kind holiday-themed crafting experience. Make your Christmas the merriest ever with 12 easy to make tags to adorn your pretty packages! This kit contains enough supplies to make 12 tags – 4 each of 3 designs. It includes Mint Macaron Glitter Die Cuts and Specialty Snowflake Die Cuts, an exclusive stamp set, a Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Spot. (Plus it coordinates with October’s Ho, Ho, Ho Paper Pumpkin kit too!)
Need Christmas packaging to help with your gift giving? Stampin’ Up has you covered! Check out the exclusive North Pole Sacks add-on. The “sacks” are 12 food safe 4″ x 6″ paper bags that feature a festive design in Crumb Cake and are available for Paper Pumpkin subscribers only! These bags will be available to order starting October 11th.
HINT: This kit would make a fun activity to do with kids to get them in giving spirit! The deadline to sign up is November 11th. Why not purchase several and have a tag making party with your family and friends! This would make a fun activity at a Cookie Exchange event!
Click Here to order your kit (or kits): FROM THE NORTH POLE PAPER PUMPKIN
BIRTHDAY CARD ORGANIZER KIT
The Kit’s Collection has just expanded with the the new Birthday Card Organizer Kit that will be available starting Tuesday, October 4th! This kit has everything you need to plan ahead and never forget another birthday again!
- Kit includes one 8″ x 10″ monthly planner with space to record birthdays each month as well as a pocket sleeve to hold birthday cards.
- Includes 12 full-size birthday cards, 6 of 2 designs, and 12 coordinating envelopes.
- Includes Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Adhesive-Backed Embellishments, and Tear & Tape Adhesive
- Includes die-cut florals and pieces ready for you to use—no prep work required!
- Includes sticker sentiments and die-cut labels in Dutch, English, French, and German
- Coordinating colors: Basic Black, Evening Evergreen, Petal Pink, Sahara Sand, and Soft Succulent
This kit is a great gift idea for Christmas….Or maybe you need one for yourself! But hurry, I think this kit will be very popular and will sell out fast!
While you are on the KITS PAGE – check out this new Christmas Gifting Kit! – This kit has all the supplies to make 9 gift tags and 9 gift card holders! Perfect for your holiday gift giving!
NEW STARTER KIT PROMOTION! Offer Ends October 31st!
Are there so many products in the catalog that you are having a hard time deciding what to purchase? Why not join Stampin’ Up and my team – Card Corner Crew and purchase a STARTER KIT and become a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator! This amazing offer ends October 31st, so don’t delay~! Purchase a Starter Kit for $99 and Choose $155 worth of products! Your Starter Kit includes:
- Your Choice of $155 worth of products from the current July-December Mini Catalog or the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog. (That’s $65.00 worth of product for FREE!)
- A Paper Pumpkin Kit ($ 22 Value)
- FREE SHIPPING! – ($15.50 Value)
- FREE Business Supplies – catalogs, order forms, etc
- Fun and friendships with other Stampin’ Up Demonstrators!
- 20% discount on future purchases (to start). There is obligation to have classes or even start a business, you can join and purchase products just for yourself!
So start making your list today. If your wish list is $99 or more, you’ll save money by becoming a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!
If you are interested and would like more information, I’d love to have you join my Card Corner Crew team and help you get started on your crafting journey. Please send me an email at Patricia@patscardcorner.com and let’s chat!
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my OCTOBER HOST CODE: 3T2RUSZZ when prompted. If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! The gift for October is Red Rhinestone Jewels (Please note: Substitutions may be made if item is not available). If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
If you need help placing an order, please contact me by using tab the top of this blog post and I will be glad to assist you or place the order for you!
These are the products used for today’s project. If you need more specific information about the products, you can check them out by clicking on the product image below. And don’t forget to use the OCTOBER HOST: 3T2RUSZZ when prompted during check-out.Product List