Let’s face it, there are times when you might want to give a treat that is NOT chocolate. I know it can be rare, but you don’t always want (or need) to give candy treats, sometimes it is fun to receive something a little different…like these sparkly pencils.
The pencils are all dressed up for Valentine’s Day and are perfect for a child (especially if you need lots of these for an entire class or group of children. Although as an adult, I like to write with sparkly pencils too! The best part is that they do not require a lot of supplies so they will not break the bank if you are giving to multiple people or a large group.
The cardstock box takes a piece that is cut 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, so you can cut four of these from one piece of 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock, plus use the scraps to make a few tags.
I used the Sweet Conversations Stamp Set and the coordinating Sweet Talk Designer Series Papers for this project. I stamped a few hearts using Blushing Bride and Real Red ink. I could have easily die cut the hearts with the Sweet Hearts dies, but sometimes it is just as easy to do to a little fussy cutting.
I die cut two tags from the Tailored Tags Dies – the larger one from Real Red Cardstock and the smaller one from Basic White Cardstock. I did adhere a piece of 1″ x 2 1/4″ Designer Series paper that matched the box to the Real Red Cardstock tag. The two tags are on a piece of 1/8″ ribbon and then just tied onto the Real Red Faux Linen Ribbon that is wrapped around the box.
You can give your treat the way it is as the pencils fit pretty tightly in the box, but if you are giving these out, it’s fun to just package them up in a 2″ x 10″ clear bag and tie with a small bit of ribbon or twine. I purchased my bags from Clearbags.com, but you can also purchase these from your local big box craft store (think pretzel bags).
If you would like to make these Pencil Treat Boxes, you will need the following supplies:
- Sweet Conversations Stamp Set
- Sweet Hearts Dies (Optional)
- Real Red Cardstock – Cut 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Score on the SHORT side at 1/2″, 3/4″, 2″ and 2 1/4″
- Turn clockwise and score on the LONG side at 1/4″ (this is the bottom), cut away the tiny little square on the left side and then cut up on the vertical score lines at the bottom only to the horizontal score line (these are the flaps for the bottom of the box.
- Scrap for tag
- Sweet Talk Designer Series Paper – Cut 1 1/8″ x 5 1/8″, plus a piece 1″ x 2 1/4″ (optional)
- Real Red Faux Linen Ribbon (about 14″), about 6″ Playful Pets Real Red Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
- Basic White Cardstock – scrap for tag and two hearts
- Ink: Real Red and Blushing Bride
- Adhesive: Tear & Tape, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Simply Scored (optional), Paper Snips, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss (optional)
- Other: 4 pencils, 2″ x 10″ bag for packaging (optional)
If you need help making this project, check out the video below or if you are having trouble viewing, you can watch it on my YouTube Channel HERE
Hope you will give this a try!
ITS SALE-A-BRATION TIME!
Not familiar with Sale-A-Bration? It’s one of the best times of the year because with each $50 product purchase (not including tax/shipping) you can earn one “Free with $50 purchase item”! For a $100 product purchase you earn two “Free with $50 purchase items (or one “Free with $100” purchase item). The best part? There is no limit to the number of free items you can receive! The Sale-A-Bration catalog is only good through February 28th. You can choose from Stamp Sets or Designer Series Paper (that coordinate with items in the January-June Mini Catalog!) These products are not available for purchase and once the sales period is over, these products are retired.
You can check out the Sale-A-Bration Catalog HERE
THINKING ABOUT JOINING STAMPIN’ UP!? NOW IS THE TIME!
If your wish list is at least $100, why not purchase the Starter Kit and Join Stampin’ Up during Celebration when there is an extra incentive! Not only can you choose $125 worth of Stampin’ Up! products for just $99, but if you join by February 28th, you can choose TWO STAMPS SET FOR FREE! You can choose from any stamp set in stock from either the January-June 2022 Mini Catalog or the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog! And you also get these perks:
This deal is amazing! For only $99, you’ll receive these perks from Stampin’ Up:
- $125 worth of products from the Annual* or Jan-June Mini Catalog* – you choose what you want! (Excludes Host Stamp Sets and Sale-A-Bration Stamp Sets)
- Pick 2 of your favorite stamp sets for FREE (up to a $66 value)
- A FREE Paper Pumpkin kit ($22 value)
- FREE shipping on your Starter Kit ($12.50 value)
- 20% off all orders you place whether they are for you or friends
- Access to the Mini and Annual Catalogs early – yes, you can order before anyone else!
- A chance to get to know and share your stamping adventures with thousands of other Stampin’ Up Demonstrators.
There is a quarterly $300 minimum purchase, but if you join now, your quarter does not start until April, so you have until June to meet your minimum. There is no obligation to hold parties, demonstrations, or classes, you can purchase for just for yourself! Hobby Demostrators are welcome! Decide it’s not for you? You can resign at any time, there is no obligation.
Click HERE to join my Card Crew team!
SAFARI CELEBRATION – FEBRUARY 2022 PAPER PUMPKIN KIT!
February’s Paper Pumpkin Kit is now available to order! This all inclusive kit has enough supplies to make 9 cards -3 each of 3 designs and includes card bases, die-cut pieces, embellishments, adhesive, an exclusive stamp set and a Rich Razzleberry Ink Spot. The other colors in the kit are Bumblebee, Fresh Freesia, Pear Pizzazz Soft Succulent and Soft Suede. The Stamp Set features a full selection of celebratory sentiments like “You did it”, “Let’s Celebrate”, and “you are so fantastic!” This is a safari themed kit and it’s packed with playful patterns – spots, stripes, squares and more!
So get out your “wild” side and celebrate with a little bit of safari fun and order your kit today!
The deadline to order is February 10th! ORDER HERE!
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my FEBRUARY 2022 HOST CODE: 7N7YVU9Z and choose me (Patricia Dominicci) as your Demonstrator when prompted. If you need help placing an order, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to assist you!
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
These are the products used for today’s card. Click on any item and it will take you to my online Stampin’ Up! site where you can purchase these items or get more information. And don’t forget to use the HOST CODE: 7N7YVU9Z when prompted!