I hope the title of this post got your attention. So what is Tissue Paper Stamping? It’s exactly what it says….taking a piece of tissue paper, wadding it up, tapping it on an ink pad and then “stamping” onto your cardstock. And the result can be something like this:
The background behind the leaf was stamped with a piece of tissue paper. I used two different color inks. The first color I used was the lighter color – Pumpkin Pie. The second color is Cajun Craze, which is the same color as the card base. I also stamped along the bottom of the Basic White cardstock on the inside of the card.
You could probably add more colors, but I like the simplicity of just two. And in my imagination the stamping on the bottom of the inside piece is a big pile of leaves that are ready to be jumped into!
The leaf die is part of the Intricate Leaves Dies. I chose to use just one large leaf, but you could easily choose two to three of the smaller leaf dies instead.
The leaf is actually cut from the square piece of Brushed Metallic paper (gold). I don’t like to waste my paper and it’s easy to use the same piece as the “hole” is covered up by the Tissue Paper stamped piece of Basic White Cardstock. The only person that knows it’s there is you! This is a great way to get the most bang for your buck from your supplies when making cards.
To give the card a little texture and stop it from looking so “white”, I used the Tasteful Textiles Embossing folder on the front Basic White Piece. The biggest hint I can give you about that is to stamp your sentiment BEFORE you emboss the cardstock. After your cardstock has been embossed, it would be hard to stamp on the uneven surface. So always Stamp first, then emboss.
If you would like to make this card, these are the supplies you will need:
- Country Home Stamp Set (or choose a sentiment of your choice)
- Layering Squares Dies
- Intricate Leaves Dies
- Cajun Craze – Cut 4 1/4” x 11”, Score and fold at 5 1/2’
- Basic White Cardstock – Cut 3 3/4” x 5”, plus a piece cut 2 1/2” x 2 1/2”i
- Brushed Metallic Paper – Cut 2 3/4” x 2 3/4”. Use this piece to die cut your leaf.
- Ink: Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie
- Optional – Cajun Craze Twine (retired)
- Tissue Paper – two pieces about 5″ x 5″
- Adhesive: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals Glue Dots
- Tools: Paper Trimmer. Paper Snips, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
You can see how I made this card by watching the video below:
Hope you’ll try this fun technique!
JUMP FOR JOIN! SPECIAL – START WITH SAVINGS! GET $125.00 in PRODUCT FOR ONLY $75.00!!
November 4-November 30, purchase the Starter Kit for $75 and choose $125 worth of products of your choice! That’s $50 worth of FREE Stampin’ Up! products!
This is one of the best offers I have seen for purchasing the Start Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! So What is in a Starter Kit anyway?
- Your choice of $125 worth of products….choose your favorite stamp sets, stock up on Cardstock, inks and embellishments, or maybe this is your chance to get the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine! (And if you join during the Seasonal Sale….you’ll save even more as you pay the sale price for cardstock, inks and die sets that you choose as part of your Starter Kit!)
- A past Paper Pumpkin Kit (if you’ve never tried these kits, this is your chance! ($21 Value)
- 20% off on future orders! (It’s like having a permanent coupon!)
- FREE Shipping! ($12.50 value)
- Business Supplies (Catalogs, order forms etc), just in case…but there is absolutely no obligation to sell, host parties, etc. You can just enjoy the perks of being a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator and getting your 20% discount as a Hobby Demonstrator.
- You can cancel at any time!
Want to know my favorite perks?
- getting to see and ORDER FROM the catalogs at least a month in advance!
- Getting a discount on everything! That includes everything in the current catalogs including already discounted bundles, plus items already discounted that are in the Clearance Rack.
- You can join my card crew team…. a wonderful group of women (and men!) who have a common love of crafting and are always ready to share ideas and projects. Plus optional training if you decide that you want to make a little money on the side…or just stay a hobby demonstrator and purchase for yourself!
So….What are you waiting for? The offer doesn’t get any better than this!
December’s Paper Pumpkin kit “Lots of Pun” is available NOW to order! What’s not to “loaf” about a punny joke? It never hurts to have a little laughter, light-heartedness, and humor sprinkled into your schedule. If you’re a fan of fun, get a kick out of clever crafts, and can’t keep it together when you hear a classic knee-slapper, you’ll go bananas over this month’s cute ‘n’ quirky kit!
The Lots of Pun Paper Pumpkin Kit includes enough “egg-citing” elements to create nine cards and coordinating envelopes. From giddy gingham to splatters and stripes, this playful Paper Pumpkin kit features a fun and fresh look with one-of-a-kind patterns and designs! “Egg-cellent” for any occasion, reason, or season throughout the year, the kit’s pun-packed stamp set provides completely customizable characters for a very versatile crafting experience. Pair each stamp with its matching die-cut snack, then mix up the faces and accessories for an absolutely adorable accent!
Pick up your friends and family with pun-filled projects. December’s delightful kit is sure to make ‘em smile!
- The kit contains supplies to create 9 cards—3 each of 3 designs—with 9 coordinating envelopes. This all-inclusive kit includes printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, A Classic Stampin’ Spot (ink), exclusive Stamp Set, embellishments, adhesive, and more!
- The Lots of Pun Stamp Set is a builder stamp set! This means the included images can be mixed and matched to build a variety of unique characters with different looks and features.
- Coordinating colors: Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Granny Apple Green, Pool Party and Poppy Parade
Sign up now through December 10th to receive your own Paper Pumpkin kit by clicking HERE.
You can sign up to receive a monthly kit where you will be billed each month or you can purchase a subscription plan of 3, 6, 9 or 12 months. You can stop and re-start your subscription whenever you want! Kits are a great way to acquire small stamp sets and ink as there is a new stamp set each month and a new Stampin’ Spot (small ink pad).
NEED SUPPLIES? READY TO ORDER?
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the produ cts online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my NOVEMBER HOST CODE: EDUVUNXR and choose me (Patricia Dominicci) as your Demonstrator when prompted. If you need help placing an order, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to assist you!
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
These are the products used for today’s card. Click on any item and it will take you to my online Stampin’ Up! store where you can purchase these items or get more information. And don’t forget to use the HOST CODE: EDUVUNXR when prompted!