I am still on vacation at the beach….my happy place. As much as I’d like to, I’m not walking on the beach (still in re-hab from ankle surgery), I would usually be collecting shells….I have them all over my house in glass jars from trips to Myrtle Beach, Key West, Clearwater Beach, and even from the Baltic Sea from when we lived in Poland, but none on this trip. I don’t think I have ever seen a beach with no shells, but haven’t seen any here….not that I’m looking, but my husband and been up and down the beach and reports there are none. Maybe that’s because he doesn’t want me to go home with a suitcase full! So, I thought I would share with you a card that has a few seashells on it instead.
I used several of the items in the the Friends are like Seashells Suite of products – The Friends are like Seashells Stamp Set, The Seaside Seashells dies, the Seashells Embossing Folder, and the Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper. So much for one card!
The one thing that makes this a little different is that for the embossed piece of cardstock, I used a blending brush to apply a thin layer of White Shimmer Paint to give it a satin sheen look. Besides adding a little shimmer to the card, it also helps to make the embossing pop out a little more.
And sometime I forget….because I am so used to stamping on cardstock….you can stamp on the Designer Series Papers too! The piece I stamped on is part of the Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper and actually looks a like sand. I also used a piece of this on the background behind the embossed piece so that would look like the ocean bottom at the bottom of my card.
Just make sure to use and ink that is dark enough to show up well when you are stamping on a design. In this case, Misty Moonlight Ink did the trick. And it looked good when stamping the seashells too!
If you would like to make this card, these are the supplies you will need:
- Friends Are Like Seashells Stamp Set
- Dies: Seaside Seashells Dies and Hippo & Friends Dies (sentiment tag)
- Seashells 3D Embossing Folder
- Crumb Cake Cardstock – Cut 4 ¼” x 11”; Score at 5 ½”
- Seaside Spray Cardstock – Cut 3 ½” x 4 ¾”
- Basic White Cardstock
- Cut 4” x 5 ¼” (inside)
- Cut 5 ½” x 4 ¼” (die cut large shell/seaweed piece) or cut the following:
- Cut 1”x 1” (small shell)
- Cut 1 ¼” x 1 ¼” (medium shell)
- Cut 2 ¼” x 2 ½” (large shell)
- Cut 1 ½” x 1 ½” (starfish)
- Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper
- Cut 4” x 5 ¼” (blue)
- Cut 4” x 2” (sand)
- Ink: Misty Moonlight
- Linen Thread
- White Shimmer Paint
- Opal Rounds
- Adhesive: Stampin’ Seal or Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals
- Tools: Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
Here is a little hint about cutting the 4” x 2” piece of the sand patterned Designer Series Paper: (Or optional if you don’t want to cut – Gently tear the paper instead.
- On the right hand side measure down 1” from the top right corner and make a pencil mark. To cut on the diagonal, use the Paper Trimmer and line up the top left corner and the 1” pencil mark on the right side on the cutting guide and then cut. Adhere one of the pieces to the bottom of the blue 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Designer Series Paper. (Save the other piece for another card!). Then attach to the front of the Crumb Cake Cardbase.
We are off today to Shell Island (not the one in North Carolina!) but off the coast of Panama City Beach, Florida. It is a 7 mile long undeveloped barrier island and nature reserve that is part of the St. Andrews State Park and only accessible by boat.
Ahoy! And Happy Stamping!
JUNE PAPER PUMPKIN KIT – EXPRESSIONS IN COLOR
The June Paper Pumpkin Kit contains enough supplies to create 9 cards (3 each of 3 designs) and coordinating envelopes. Not only does this kit include all the printed card bases, die cut pieces, embellishments and adhesive it also includes an all occasion stamp set and TWO stampin’ spots (INK!) and it comes it a special colorful collectible box. And any leftover pieces coordinates with the products from the Expressions in Ink Suite too! The coordinating colors for June’s kit include: Bumblebee and three of the new 2021-2023 IN-COLORS! – Evening Evergreen, Fresh Freesia and Polished Pink
The deadline to order your kit is JUNE 10th! Why wait? Order yours today HERE!
THINKING ABOUT JOINING STAMPIN’ UP!? JOIN NOW AND SAVE!
Purchase a Starter Kit for just $99 between now and May 31st to receive these benefits:
- Select up to $155.00 worth of products of your choice, but pay only 99! That’s $56.00 worth of FREE products
- Receive a FREE past Paper Pumpkin kit.
- Receive a 20% discount on future purchases*
- No selling, having parties or teaching classes is required….Join as a Hobbyists just to get the discount or you can choose to do a little more for a little extra money or make it a business.
- In addition you can be a part of an amazing community of crafters. Plus, you can enjoy sharing simple and fun crafting experiences with others, have early access to products, and exclusive access to training events
Interested? Or want more information? I’ve love to have a chat with you and answer any questions! Contact me HERE
Please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Site where you can look at all the products online and purchase what you need. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my MAY HOST CODE: NS3NQNVF and choose me (Patricia Dominicci) as your Demonstrator when prompted. If you need help placing an order, please leave a comment below and I will be happy to assist you!
If you place an order of $50 or more and use my Host Code I will send you a small gift as a thank you from me! If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice.
These are the products used for today’s card. Click on any item and it will take you to my online Stampin’ Up! store where you can purchase these items or get more information.