This post is going to be a little different. I usually show you a card and then explain a little about how I made it and give you a list of supplies. But today is now officially Wacky Wednesday and I’m going to go backwards so you’ll be surprised at the end!
I’m sure there is a name for the card I am sharing today, but I don’t know what it is. I recently made this card on a Zoom meeting with some of my crafting friends. I didn’t show them the card we were going to make, but did ask that they have the following supplies ready for our Zoom meeting.
- Basic Black Cardstock – Cut 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”
- Basic Black Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”
- Basic Black Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 1 1/4”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 1”
- Whisper White Cardstock – Cut 5 1/4” x 4”
- 1” strips of co-ordinating Designer Series Paper – 1-2 pieces needed to be 5 1/12-6” long, the rest varying lengths as small as 1” x 1”
- Paper Snips
- Silicon Mat
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Black Ink
- A stamp with the sentiment of their choice.
And then we did what I like to call “Flying By the Seat of Your Pants” assembling of the card. There is no “right” or “wrong” way to arrange the strips. It is whatever looks good to you. We did this step by step:
- Place the silicon mat on your table.
- Place the Basic Black 5 1/4” x 4” piece horizontally in the middle of the silicon mat
- Place your first strip of Designer Series Paper (one of the longer ones) in the middle at about a 45 degree angle. No glueing yet….we are just arranging.
- Keep adding more strips in a random pattern until the entire piece of the Basic Black Cardstock is covered.
- Admire your handiwork or rearrange your pieces until you like what you see.
- Starting with the long piece in the middle, Adhere the piece to the piece of black cardstock. Going out from the middle adhere each piece of DSP leaving a small space between the pieces. As you glue down more pieces, remember to keep the spaces even between all the pieces. Do this until all the pieces are adhered
- Carefully remove the the cardstock with the strips from the silicon mat and flip it over
- Using Paper Snips, cut the strips even with the edge of piece of Basic Black Cardstock.
- Flip back to the front and set aside.
- Stamp the sentiment in the middle of the 5 1/4” x 1” Whisper White Cardstock strip. I used the Perennial Birthday Stamp Set.
- Adhere sentiment strip to the Basic Black strip (5 1/4” x 1 1/4”), and then adhere it to the front of the 5 1/4” x 4” Basic Black Cardstock with all the strips, and then adhere it to the front of the card base.
- Adhere the 5 1/4” x 4” Whisper White Cardstock to the inside of your card. (Optional – attach one of the left over strips to the inside of the card or stamp a design)
- Add a bow or embellishments as desired.
- Optional – Cut piece of Designer Series Paper 6” x 2 1/2”, adhere to envelope flap
Hope you enjoyed the backwards card making today! This is a super fun and easy way to use up some of your scraps. You can use any coordinating papers and cardstock and your favorite sentiment! Let me know in the comments if you try this!
SEVERAL ITEMS USED IN THIS CARD PROJECT ARE RETIRING JUNE 2nd!
- THE PEACEFUL POPPIES DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
- PEACEFUL POPPIES SEQUINS
- PERENNIAL BIRTHDAY STAMP SET
If you haven’t purchased those items, don’t miss out they are only available until June 2nd or while supplies last! The papers are more beautiful in person than in the catalog (or website) and make beautiful cards and home decor projects (I’ll be sharing that on Friday).
If you’d like to see the other items that are retiring, check out the links below for the list:
The June Paper Pumpkin Kit is available to order!
What is a Paper Pumpkin Kits? Each kit contains everything you need – papers, cards, envelopes, embellishments, ink and yes…directions…to complete that month’s projects. It’s a suprise every month, but I can give you a few hints of what is inside June’s Kit. It’s a box full of goodness….and sunshine!
June’s kit includes supplies for eight handmade cards (2 each of 4 designs) and is specially designed to help you create a box full of cheer…A Sunshine Box!. Once you’ve made all the cards, use any leftover pieces to decorate the box. Fill it with yellow goodies, add the included adhesive label, address it to someone special, and brighten their life with a little sunshine! You can watch the video about the Sunshine Kit HERE
Remember… June 10th is the deadline to order the SUNSHINE PAPER PUMPKIN KIT! For more information or to Sign up click HERE.
ARE YOU READY TO SHOP? If you would like to place an order, please click HERE and you’ll be taken to my online Stampin’ Up! Store. If you do not already have a demonstrator, I would be honored to be yours! If your order is less than $150, please use my MAY Host Code: MNN9ZHYU and choose me as your Demonstrator when prompted.
If your order is $150 or more, please do NOT use the Host Code as you will receive Stampin’ Rewards of your own. Rewards start at $15 worth of free products of your choice. Don’t forget to choose me as your demonstrator during check-out so you can receive your package of Stampin’ Dimensionals from me!
Need Help Placing an Order? please contact me at email@example.com and I will be happy to assist you!
These are the products that I used to make today’s card. Click on any item and it will take you to my Stampin’ Up Online Store where you can purchase these items or get more product information,